Civic Lx owners knowing what you know now would you still get the LX?

robertj1979

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX, 2012 Jeep Rubicon, 2018 GMC Yukon
Country flag
Hi guys,
gettting ready to pull the trigger on a 2018 Civic LX 6 speed manual dealer is selling for 16,500. The new turbos and cvt make me nervous about long term reliability. So my question is are you happy with your Lx? Any regrets about not getting a higher trim level? Any advice is appreciated!
I recently purchased the 2018 LX manual sedan after someone ran into the back of my Honda Fit and totaled it. I paid $17100 out the door after all taxes in NC. I am really impressed with how smooth the transmission is and the gas mileage is only 2 mpg worse than the 2017 Honda Fit. The vehicle has adequate power and is geared perfectly as compared to the Fit that was geared too low for long highway travel in my opinion. The only complaint is if you load this car with four passengers you will really notice the suspension seems like it could be a little stiffer. Power is obviously reduced as well once it is heavily loaded but still adequate. Personally I liked the fact it was not turbo charged and not "direct injection" because I put about 5000 miles per month on this car and hope to get 250000 miles plus from it. I am pleased with the options on this model. No other options I really wanted on this car and for this price point think it is a great value. Good Luck.
Sponsored

chestypuller

First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Country flag
I think them Lx's are nice cars and you cant go wrong with a manual transmission they are proven for longivity! sure you might lose a couple mpg compare to the cvt but the cvt does make me slightly nervous.

you can always get after market seat heating elements and install them with the new seat apholstery when the time comes in the future i it wears out. be pretty cheap.

Turbos been around a long time, i mostly run diesels vehicles and they most have turbos, none of my diesels have less then 250,000 miles and turbos never been one of the problems.

direct injection is great technology, i dont see any drawbacks to that. other then the injectors might cost more when its time to need some. but then again i rarely change injectors on efi vehicles.

hey its a Honda, probably run tell you get sick of it or more.

CosmicX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civix LX 6M
Country flag
Just hit 70000 miles on my LX manual today. Don't regret buying this car one bit. I see all the issues higher trim models have posted on this forum, and am glad I don't have to deal with all of that. Still running original tires. Total issues so far: passenger window got stuck in the up position for a week (stuck button? no idea, but working fine now), and coded twice, both for spark knock sensor. Dealer flashed PGM, and no more codes. That is it. My only real regret? You guys are paying WAY less then I got mine for back in Feb 2016 :)
Buy it.

absolude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KW SC 2007 CSX Type S, 2023 PWP Si
Country flag
Depends what you want and how important are the extras offered in higher trims for you.
I have the LX hatch, added light weight Enkei 18" wheels with summer tires and Si springs, all for $1500 and have left a set of wheels(stock) for winter.
Now it handles better than the Sport and is lighter.
Up here it's around $4000 more for the Sport.
Very happy with the car now.

Last edited:

3X_CVC_Driver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic LX
Country flag
I have the 2016 LX sedan with the 2.0L 6MT. What a fun car to drive! No regrets at all. Like absolude, I also got the Enkei wheels, but in the M52 Hyperbalck 17". And using the steelies for my winter tires. Didn't care about the higher trim levels. More tech, more things to go wrong. I am a 3x Civic owner, and swear by the reliability of the Honda engines. Minor issues to report. Got 44K km on it already. So far so good.

3X_CVC_Driver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic LX
Country flag
You could if you wanted to, but I'd rather get a set of new nuts (and special wheel locks) for the Enkei and keep the original
wheel nuts for the steelies in the winter time. The special nuts are about Cdn$50 extra. The black ones I got looked better on the Enkeis
anyway.

dmitri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan
Country flag
My coworker has been pretty happy with his '16 LX, but after riding in my Si (I'm often the one driving for the team's lunch trips) he sometimes comments how he "really likes" my car. I think that means that if he didn't have to buy a car back when he did (his old one died) and could wait, he'd likely get the Si instead. FWIW

absolude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KW SC 2007 CSX Type S, 2023 PWP Si
Country flag
Si springs are a straight fit. The rear is perfect, for the front I'd prefer something just a little stiffer. Since it's the car my wife is driving from time to time I don't want anything rougher. Have my 8thgen for that.

Honda Civic 10th gen Civic Lx owners knowing what you know now would you still get the LX? IMG_20180421_114546

Last edited:

solar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport 6MT
Country flag
Hi guys,
yes it’s a 2018 sedan lx with 6 speed for 16,500. MSRP is 19,230. I am coming out of a 2017 Accord ex manual sedan. I don’t care for all the tech stuff ( carplay, no knob for radio, sunroof, push start, smart entry) just more potential for things to break later. Apparantly the cvt in the civics are solid units, but don’t trust longevity compared to 6 speed manual. The fact the Lx doesn’t come with all that is the most appealing thing about it for me as well as price obviously. Putting 0 down, 72 months at 3.9% apr through Honda comes to 282 a month. Selling the hatchback lx for $700 more, so 17,200. I looked at the hatch but can’t get past the huge fake grills in the rear bumper, don’t understand it
EDIT: I see now, you’re financing $20,304, my bad.

So is the $16.5k out the door plus financing ? I find that incredibly cheap, unless that number is after you trade in your Accord ? Or is the $16.5 before tax, dealer fees, ttt ? I’m just curious to know the final amount. Oh and did you buy it ?
Sponsored