Civic Lx owners knowing what you know now would you still get the LX?

solar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport 6MT
Country flag
Si springs are a straight fit. The rear is perfect, for the front I'd prefer something just a little stiffer. Since it's the car my wife is driving from time to time I don't want anything rougher. Have my 8thgen for that.

IMG_20180421_114546.jpg
Nice looking wheels and car !

Nice !
Sponsored

absolude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KW SC 2007 CSX Type S, 2023 PWP Si
Country flag
Geez, spreading wrong info is the last thing I want to do.
It's the springs only, not the shocks. Sorry about saying that.
I'm just used to call it that from the old days when we used to install the HFP suspension.

It would prohibitive installing the whole thing and you also will need the module that controls the shocks. Not sure how that will work with the ECU.
IMHO it would not be worth as the front is still not firm enough for a really sporty ride. I'd call it fun to drive but only borderline sporty.

I would go with the ProKit, since the fronts are a little stiffer, if I wanted something with a tighter handling.

absolude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KW SC 2007 CSX Type S, 2023 PWP Si
Country flag
Yes, the drop is very noticeable on the LX hatch. Also the handling is greatly improved compared to stock. The way the rear behaves is absolute best I've experienced in a FWD.
If the shocks on the Sedan are stiffer than Hatch it could be a nice improvement.

David Harper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic coupe
Country flag
for me the LX MT 2.0 coupe is everything I need and nothing that I don't want. Like CVT, turbo,lane sensing,glitchy infotainment center, etc. The OP will pay , OTD, probably between 18 and 19k, which is a lot of bang for his buck.

dthatcher7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX w/Sensing
I have an EX... Push button start and auto unlock, push button lock... never have to touch my keys, I love it. These are features I will always insist in my cars from now on.
Remote start... no point if you live in a place with mild weather all year. Otherwise it's a nice feature for hot summer days and cold winter mornings. Feels environmentally irresponsible to use, though.
Sunroof... don't care at all. Could live without.
Android Auto/Apple CarPlay is overrated. Just get a phone mount.

If you don't care about any of the above, go for the LX.

Capless fueling... LX has this too. Way too many overflows on full tank pump click off (even at 2 yrs/34k miles) for me to really love it. On the other hand it is a lifesaver for people like my mom who constantly keep losing their gas caps for some reason. When I go to fill up my wife's 17 Jetta S I almost breathe a sigh of relief when I see the gas cap, there's no "oh man is it gonna spill this time" anxiety.
Brake hold (auto hold)... LX has this too. This has turned out to be the little feature that could. Exceptionally useful in drive-thrus and backed up stop lights that take three cycles to get through. Another feature I would insist on in future cars.
Honda Sensing... absolutely love it, will insist on this feature in all my cars from now on.

BarryG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX 6 spd man sedan
Country flag
Hi guys,
gettting ready to pull the trigger on a 2018 Civic LX 6 speed manual dealer is selling for 16,500. The new turbos and cvt make me nervous about long term reliability. So my question is are you happy with your Lx? Any regrets about not getting a higher trim level? Any advice is appreciated!
I am satisfied with the 2016 LX 6MT. I wanted a Civic sedan with 6MT, and was not interested in the Si. As I recall, my only option was the LX sedan.

I would like to have the lane change warning feature, which was not offered on the 2016 LX.

I would like to have stock variable speed intermittent wipers, which are not on the 2016 LX.

I would have liked to have a better stock audio system than the stock 2016 LX audio. I did upgrade the speakers and added tweeters for $400, but still have no subwoofer. The audio system is hampered by engine noise, among other things. I say that because the audio sound is much better when the engine is turned off. I liked the audio system on my 1999 Accord Ex much more.

latole

Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
My wife bought a 2016 LX , manual 6 speed in 2016
I bought the same in 2018
We love it .

dthatcher7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX w/Sensing
My wife bought a 2016 LX , manual 6 speed in 2016
I bought the same in 2018
We love it .
Please can you tell me about any differences between the two model years that you've noticed, not just the car itself but mileage, driving performance. etc.

RallyeRedSedan

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic/2006 Evo
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen Civic Lx owners knowing what you know now would you still get the LX? 945F7D28-063A-4B76-B2D9-98C1F01E9017
Honda Civic 10th gen Civic Lx owners knowing what you know now would you still get the LX? 766A1985-02E8-4288-9157-F3FDF2E134C6
I love my LX 6spd...I’m getting the same kind of gas mileage as my old CRZ hybrid and it’s obviously more car...I’ve had it about a month now and it’s already gone under the knife bc I hate stock ride height and I didn’t want to roll on the hub caps so I bought some D2 Racing springs and some Acura TL wheels and this is what the result is....totally transformed the look of the car and I’m in love with how she looks

latole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
you can always get after market seat heating elements and install them with the new seat apholstery when the time comes in the future i it wears out. be pretty cheap.

Canadian LX have heated seat

latole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
LX need regular not premium. Did you try regular ?
Sponsored