2.0L Civic LX 2017 2.0L CVT - Should I tune/mod considering warranty?

socal818

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 civic sport
Country flag
Well I wasn’t pleased with how the clamp was fitting, and suspected a minor leak at higher rpms, so I removed it and had the spot weld reinforced. I also sprayed on header paint and wrapped it.

94409AD3-3905-4E3B-8A33-3339111E8830.jpeg

Fits perfect:

396CA1A5-40CA-40A1-A7B0-7FAE77C3556C.jpeg

1315B1F0-F238-475C-AC77-F7C4FDFE9F16.jpeg
That looks awesome! I went ahead and ordered the Megan since it’s 2.5” like the rest of my exhaust. Hopefully they ship it, California problems! Do you have sound clips of ur new exhaust set up with the included front pipe upgrade?
Sponsored

DarkLight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic-2016 LX 6MT
Country flag
That looks awesome! I went ahead and ordered the Megan since it’s 2.5” like the rest of my exhaust. Hopefully they ship it, California problems! Do you have sound clips of ur new exhaust set up with the included front pipe upgrade?
Thanks. I’ve got an exhaust leak that I’m sorting out right now. Two of the flanges on the Invidia catback are leaking. Once I sort it out I’ll post a vid.

Also, if they don’t ship it, you could buy an OEM CTR front pipe and try using that instead.

socal818

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 civic sport
Country flag
Thanks. I’ve got an exhaust leak that I’m sorting out right now. Two of the flanges on the Invidia catback are leaking. Once I sort it out I’ll post a vid.

Also, if they don’t ship it, you could buy an OEM CTR front pipe and try using that instead.
Is the ctr 2.5” also?

SpinRush

First Name
Big Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 ( Waiting )
Country flag
Hey! Basically, I bought an automatic Civic LX 2017 and I kind of regret my choice... It's the perfect car for comfort, reliability and all, but now I really crave a more "sportive" driving experience... I don't have the money to change my car, but I could have some for modding it and I'm wondering if it's actually worth it. I've been looking at getting it tuned, but I'm not too sure if it's doable/worth it for a 2.0L cvt? I'd also look for an exhaust, an intake, coilover and 17" mags. I would have really liked to have a turbo, but as far as I know, I can't just buy a turbo kit and slap it on without any repercussions to the rest of the vehicule's parts. Problem is, I actually have an Honda Plus VIP Plan warranty for 5 years/100 000km with free oil changes and I know I could get in trouble with modding my car. Many say you can just flash back your ecu to stock and put back your stock parts before going off to the dealer if you have an accident, but won't they see you've tuned/flashed your ecu?

Thanks for helping me out... Kind of in a bummer!
Sell it quickly! Don't hesitate! You are not only going to hate your car, but you'll hate yourself. It's like marrying the wrong sister who makes that potato salad with raisins in it. Take that car to the dealership, offload it and pick up a new FK8. You may have to do a load but at least you will be happy. I'm not saying this just for the opportunity to poke at you. I had an awesome car about 1 year ago. I let the GF convince me that it was time for a new car that would be big and roomy so we could go camping and stuff. BARF. It was a great car, Honda StepWGN Spada. I put custom rims on it too ( SSR GTX02 ). It had a low compression light turbo and VTEC but......my heart always felt gutted. This was not me! I kept that car only a year! Traded it in for a Type R FK8. Honestly speaking, the only thing that broke my heart was selling those SSR GTX02 wheels I had on it. If the PCD was 120, I would have kept em. So stop kidding yourself, grab your nuts, take a red pill and go get your Type R.