Civic JDM side markers

Eore227

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 EX hatchback
Country flag
Just installed JDM clear white markers on 21 hatchback. Question is the side rubber isn’t covering the whole thing. Pics included. With the yellow ones the molding covered but with this it’s exposed. This normal? What’s the best thing to do? They do look good Though.

Honda Civic 10th gen Civic JDM side markers 47609F13-BD8D-4B63-9F4B-9F6F40E2591E

Honda Civic 10th gen Civic JDM side markers 7D06B424-8244-4DB1-BA1C-993358CBE0A5

SethNES

Banned
Banned
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Duct tape! Jking...

Did you hear the click when putting them? Looks way off and just replaced mine and no gap.

My passenger sits a little off in front not completely flush but I think it's from removing front for new intercooler. Top screw on passenger side near side markers is more difficult to screw in.

Side markers look flush did you bend the plastic guard while removing/installing?

OP
OP

Eore227

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 EX hatchback
Country flag
yup both are clicked in and flush. I didn’t remove a lot of the plastic guard. There is a video I watched that showed not having to remove the screws or anything. Just took a pry tool and gently moved it a little.

Duct tape! Jking...

Did you hear the click when putting them? Looks way off and just replaced mine and no gap.

My passenger sits a little off in front not completely flush but I think it's from removing front for new intercooler. Top screw on passenger side near side markers is more difficult to screw in.

Side markers look flush did you bend the plastic guard while removing/installing?

SethNES

Banned
Banned
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I'm not an expert but I'd try to maybe heat with hair dryer and bend back the plastic guard. Honestly that doesn't sound good or work. Hopefully a pro can come and help you with solution.

Honestly I'd probably use brute force because I'm simple minded and Viking complex.

OP
OP

Eore227

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 EX hatchback
Country flag
Of course it’s pouring today and I have to go somewhere

SethNES

Banned
Banned
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Of course it’s pouring today and I have to go somewhere
Put some duct tape on it to protect it at least till find permanent solution

vtecr

First Name
FK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK7 GT-Spec Daily, EP3 Type-R, EP1 Project, EU7 Beater (+ others I care less about...)
Country flag
What's different about JDM ones, is it just that they're clear?

This is how my factory clears it looks on an EU car.

Honda Civic 10th gen Civic JDM side markers IMG20220821184155

OP
OP

Eore227

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 EX hatchback
Country flag
yeah jdm is clear and the ones they use in Europe. I think it looks like yours is just like mine. The black plastic piece isn’t covering it at all compared to the yellow markers. Have you had any problem with water? I think the jdm clears are also thicker at the end so that’s why the black plastic isn’t covering it all

What's different about JDM ones, is it just that they're clear?

This is how my factory clears it looks on an EU car.

IMG20220821184155.jpg

vtecr

First Name
FK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK7 GT-Spec Daily, EP3 Type-R, EP1 Project, EU7 Beater (+ others I care less about...)
Country flag
yeah jdm is clear and the ones they use in Europe. I think it looks like yours is just like mine. The black plastic piece isn’t covering it at all compared to the yellow markers. Have you had any problem with water? I think the jdm clears are also thicker at the end so that’s why the black plastic isn’t covering it all
Yours is definitely different to mine. You can see the sharp corner at the top of mine. Yours doesn't have that so I'm guessing there's some other covering that either attaches to the lamp, or is integrated into the lining instead.

I did have issues with water getting into mine at one point. Honda replaced it under warranty though and I haven't had any issues since.

bluehatch17

First Name
bluehatch17
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sport touring hatchback. 2019 Coupe sport.
Country flag
The gap is normal. And it only happens for the hatch. The coupe and sedan doesn’t have that gap. I used a for sale sign and some carbon vinyl with double sided tape and made my own splash guard to block water.

OP
OP

Eore227

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 EX hatchback
Country flag
ah ok, good to know. I guess I’ll macguyver something eventually.

The gap is normal. And it only happens for the hatch. The coupe and sedan doesn’t have that gap. I used a for sale sign and some carbon vinyl with double sided tape and made my own splash guard to block water.

ShuJam

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Touring Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I installed the OEM clear sidemarkers on my hatch, and mine looks like that. Had them on for over 5 years and have had no issues, and it snows where I live.

OP
OP

Eore227

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 EX hatchback
Country flag
Oh great to hear. I thought about making something to cover the gap up but just haven’t got to it. Did you do anything for a cover or left it as is?

ShuJam

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Touring Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Left as is. That space behind the fender is in the engine bay, so all kinds of dust and dirt will get in there regardless of whether you cover up that little gap in the wheel well or not. As long as the weather seal (washer) on the plug is tight with the sidemarker, you should have no worry about water getting into the actual sidemarker.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Eore227

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 EX hatchback
Country flag
Thanks, will do the same
Sponsored