iitsdavis

First Name
Davis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 civic
Country flag
I'm trying to decide whether to get a 2020 Civic Hatchback SPT or a 2020 Accord 1.5T Ex. I test drove both, however, I'm leaning towards the hatchback. I feel like the performance on the accord is a little better, but then again, I'm a novice when it comes to cars. Is the extra 12HP from the accord has a real big difference? Can anyone tell me why I should get the accord rather than the Hatchback? I like both, but I'm really stuck on which car I should buy. Any help or information is appreciated.
Sponsored

justasimpleman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 PWP FC1 Si
Country flag
I’m not sure on specs, but the extra hp on the accord might be negated due to weight.

It really depends on preference... civic is more than likely more “fun” to drive than the accord. Both are quality vehicles.

CivicOops

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport Hatch 6MT
Country flag
It really just depends on your preferences and needs. You can't go wrong either way. Do you value fun and nimbleness or do you value comfort and interior space? In my opinion the Civic is hands down the more fun car to drive. It handles better in the corners, it's lighter, and it has better steering/chassis feedback. However the Accord has a nicer interior and more space for the passengers. It has quieter NVH which makes it more comfortable to live with. In straight line speed they are so close that it doesn't matter. The extra 12 hp of the Accord is negated by the 300+ extra lbs. They have almost identical 1/4 mile times. In zeroto60times.com tests the 1.5t cvt accord ran a 15.1 and the 1.5t cvt civic hatchback sport ran a 15.3.
Sponsored