Civic HB Delivery to US

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So Car was "ordered" around 4/20? it is expected in AUGUST!
Is that reasonable?
I ordered Blue Sport 6MT, no options.
Very hard to find, I got it under invoice so I am satisfied with the price, but i was originally told 4-6 weeks.
The problem is Honda doesn't allow standard orders. From what I understand the dealership can request a car and when/if Honda builds it they assign it to that dealership instead of a random one. They probably just told you August to make sure there is plenty of time for Honda to get their stuff together.
Sponsored

wilcivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, soon Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT
The problem is Honda doesn't allow standard orders. From what I understand the dealership can request a car and when/if Honda builds it they assign it to that dealership instead of a random one. They probably just told you August to make sure there is plenty of time for Honda to get their stuff together.
I understand that. I learned about it thru the internet. The dealer never said anything. I even asked if they had any confirmation of the car being allocated and they looked at me like if I was crazy...

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I understand that. I learned about it thru the internet. The dealer never said anything. I even asked if they had any confirmation of the car being allocated and they looked at me like if I was crazy...
Yeah, it's funny how they are about it. Some Honda dealers will tell you they can't order. Others act like it's an everyday thing. Few will tell you the real story.

hatch_dawg

First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT
Country flag
I started the process 12/21/2016 and didn't receive my vehicle 2/9/2017.

Froz3nTundra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Accord Sport 2.0t 6MT
Mine was listed "in transit" but did not have an ETA, dealer told me that's usually after it has left the factory but not yet loaded up on a ship. The dealer had a VIN for me at that time and it took around 14 days for delivery to the dealership on the east coast.

This was a car that was allocated around the end of Jan and it was delivered early April.

OP
OP
mikeyd

mikeyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring, '17 Civic Hatchbacks EX-L
Mine was listed "in transit" but did not have an ETA, dealer told me that's usually after it has left the factory but not yet loaded up on a ship. The dealer had a VIN for me at that time and it took around 14 days for delivery to the dealership on the east coast.

This was a car that was allocated around the end of Jan and it was delivered early April.
Interesting. That doesn't sound like a bad wait. When you say it was allocated in Jan, was the production date or just when you found out it was going to be built?

OP
OP
mikeyd

mikeyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well everyone, ended up getting my VIN and ETA yesterday. Looks like it will be delivered between 5/27 and 5/31! Not bad for being built across the pond on 4/21

Froz3nTundra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Interesting. That doesn't sound like a bad wait. When you say it was allocated in Jan, was the production date or just when you found out it was going to be built?
I believe it was scheduled to be built "allocated" in Jan, and built in Feb/March then shipped late march and delivered early April.

The dealer I bought it from transferred it from the dealer that had it allocated so I don't have the specifics but I know the original dealer (I spoke to them about it) knew the car was allocated Feb 3rd. Which likely means they got it in the end of Jan allocation.

I learned a lot about how Honda Dealerships "order" cars with my HB :-D.

OP
OP
mikeyd

mikeyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well it looks like the day finally came. Picked up the new car yesterday and had to get some pictures in.

https://imgur.com/gallery/e4vhf

I've already got a tint appointment on friday morning. Think we're doing 20% all around

wilcivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, soon Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT
So I waited since April. Last week was told that they can't get the sport manual. That i should try again. Maybe another 3 months. So i say no.
Today i bought a elantra sport manual, with nav, android, sunroof, leather, push start, hid, premium sound, blind spot mon., diming mirror, dual auto air, sirius.... For 20,600 the same i was going to pay for civic hb sport. The deal was too good to be true, but it was. Others dealers didn't believe me. This dealer said that they lost about 400, I saw it on his screen too. I got a lot of car. Im happy. Btw msrp wS $25295
Unfortunately the Honda ordering sucks.
Take care guys.

Froz3nTundra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So I waited since April. Last week was told that they can't get the sport manual. That i should try again. Maybe another 3 months. So i say no.
Today i bought a elantra sport manual, with nav, android, sunroof, leather, push start, hid, premium sound, blind spot mon., diming mirror, dual auto air, sirius.... For 20,600 the same i was going to pay for civic hb sport. The deal was too good to be true, but it was. Others dealers didn't believe me. This dealer said that they lost about 400, I saw it on his screen too. I got a lot of car. Im happy. Btw msrp wS $25295
Unfortunately the Honda ordering sucks.
Take care guys.
Nice car, and yeah Sport MT is nearly impossible to get unless you luck into one. Congrats on the new ride, you likely got a better car for less money.

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Almost a month and 3 weeks since I gave my dealer a deposit to get me one. Still no build date.
Sponsored