mvela

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic sedan lx 6mt and 2018 Honda Civic hatchback ex auto
Country flag
Well I got a 2018 civic hatchback and it won’t start. I was at work when my girlfriend called and said it wouldn’t start. It had been sitting in the garage for about 24 hours the last time it was driven. We have had the car for two years with zero issues. It is completely stock because my girlfriend won’t let me modify her turbo lol. I don’t blame her there since the car is pretty flawless. But I or anybody else has never messed with the car and was bought brand new. It is the cvt model with the 1.5t of course since all hatchbacks got the turbo. But anyways, what it does is all the warning lights come on and it just clicks a couple times trying to start. The radio doesn’t even light up when the dash does light up. I think it might be the battery but not sure if anybody else has experienced this. I’m not sure if she might have left a light on or something, but I thought these civics would automatically turn them off if left on too long. I’m waiting for my jumper box to charge so I can try jumping it since she parked in the middle of the garage and can’t get my civic next to it. Sorry for the long explanation but has anybody experienced this and is it just a low battery issue?
Sponsored

Jes_si562

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si. 1990 Honda civic w d16z6 swap (sold) 2019 Honda Civic Hatchback sport(wifes)
Country flag
Well I got a 2018 civic hatchback and it won’t start. I was at work when my girlfriend called and said it wouldn’t start. It had been sitting in the garage for about 24 hours the last time it was driven. We have had the car for two years with zero issues. It is completely stock because my girlfriend won’t let me modify her turbo lol. I don’t blame her there since the car is pretty flawless. But I or anybody else has never messed with the car and was bought brand new. It is the cvt model with the 1.5t of course since all hatchbacks got the turbo. But anyways, what it does is all the warning lights come on and it just clicks a couple times trying to start. The radio doesn’t even light up when the dash does light up. I think it might be the battery but not sure if anybody else has experienced this. I’m not sure if she might have left a light on or something, but I thought these civics would automatically turn them off if left on too long. I’m waiting for my jumper box to charge so I can try jumping it since she parked in the middle of the garage and can’t get my civic next to it. Sorry for the long explanation but has anybody experienced this and is it just a low battery issue?
Your problem is a drained battery. Jump start it youll be fine

OP
OP
mvela

mvela

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Your problem is a drained battery. Jump start it youll be fine
Yup that’s all it was. But the test will be if it starts in the morning. If not then I’ll have to get a new battery. I guess Honda has a 3 year 36,000 mile warranty on the battery. So if it don’t start then they owe me a battery since I’m within

Jes_si562

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si. 1990 Honda civic w d16z6 swap (sold) 2019 Honda Civic Hatchback sport(wifes)
Country flag
Yup that’s all it was. But the test will be if it starts in the morning. If not then I’ll have to get a new battery. I guess Honda has a 3 year 36,000 mile warranty on the battery. So if it don’t start then they owe me a battery since I’m within
yup the oem batterys are pretty weak i had to replace mine in 5 months when i had gotten my car and i got my car with 6miles

jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
Country flag
99% of the "no start" issues i've seen on this forum have all been linked to the terrible oem battery. Don't understand why they ship them with such a bad battery from factory.

OP
OP
mvela

mvela

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Well the battery didn’t live through the night. It’s dead. So roadside assistance is picking it up. They wouldn’t let me bring just the battery.

OP
OP
mvela

mvela

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Update on the status of our civic hatchback. I got a call from Honda, they said yes my battery was completely dead. After running some tests, they said the car is pulling a lot of power from somewhere that is what caused the battery to drain overnight. They said they are still running tests to pinpoint what is causing this draw even when the car is turned off. This is weird. But once I hear something I will post what they found in case somebody else runs into this problem. Who knows, this might be the beginning of a recall considering this car is completely stock 2018 civic hatchback with only 28k miles.

Pavel

First Name
Pavel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback 1.5 turbo touring 2018
Country flag
I also changed the battery under warranty after 25,000km mileage (2 years)
This is a really bad battery.

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Probably something with the head unit. It's the only thing I could think that would be drawing lots of power while the car is off.

OP
OP
mvela

mvela

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yeah they couldn’t give me an answer. I guess they are just crappy batteries. But good thing it was covered under warranty. But I guess it would be a good idea to upgrade your battery after the warranty doesn’t cover it no more.

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
They always have been from my experience. It's worse in Arizona because the heat will kill them quicker even if they are aftermarket batteries.

OP
OP
mvela

mvela

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
They always have been from my experience. It's worse in Arizona because the heat will kill them quicker even if they are aftermarket batteries.
So you think it’s the electrical system that is killing the batteries and not just a cheap battery?
Sponsored