Civic Hatchback Sport (Manual) Tweeter Installed

ACG12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Do the EX tweeters work/plug in? This is one of my WTF were you thinking moments with Honda. You saved what, a couple of dollars?
Sponsored

lugnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
too many
Vehicle Showcase
Why didn't you get the EX tweeter and mount it in the spot? Looks cleaner and it aims the tweeter correctly. Plus, they're only like 9 bucks for the pair.

OP
OP
AskNinjaTom

AskNinjaTom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT
Why didn't you get the EX tweeter and mount it in the spot? Looks cleaner and it aims the tweeter correctly. Plus, they're only like 9 bucks for the pair.
Does that come with the crossover also? You can use the external mountings to point them towards you. I just wanted them flush to the door sail. Listening to both, the Rockfords sound better and I plan on upgrading the rest with Rockfords so Im keeping it the same brand.

lugnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
too many
Vehicle Showcase
no, its just the EX trim level tweeter pod. It comes bare with no tweeter. I put an alpine tweeter in mine.

Daneko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback - Sport
no, its just the EX trim level tweeter pod. It comes bare with no tweeter. I put an alpine tweeter in mine.
Do you have a link to those parts? Interested in installing tweeters but I don't want to drill.

rjm161

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Hatchback
Country flag
Do you have a link to those parts? Interested in installing tweeters but I don't want to drill.
Here are the part numbers. go here and choose mirror from drop-down https://www.hondaautomotiveparts.co...&catcgry2=2017&catcgry3=5DR EX&catcgry4=KACVT

These are Civic EX ones.

System Name\Component : MIRROR -- Choose another System\Component for : CIVIC

76220-TGG-A11 033 001 GARNISH ASSY., R. DOOR MIRROR (TWEETER) 8.27 5.79 Qty:
76270-TGG-A11 034 001 GARNISH ASSY., L. DOOR MIRROR (TWEETER) 6.58 4.61 Qty:

Here are the original Sport ones (saved this in case I wreck them):

76220-TGG-A01 011 001 GARNISH ASSY., R. DOOR MIRROR 5.98 4.19
76270-TGG-A01 018 001 GARNISH ASSY., L. DOOR MIRROR 4.75 3.33

lugnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
too many
Vehicle Showcase
Alpine tweeter in OEM EX tweeter pod, in an LX trim Civic.

Honda Civic 10th gen Civic Hatchback Sport (Manual) Tweeter Installed 20170320_1620041_zpsfm7btv6s

rjm161

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Hey lugnut...can you tell me who you got them from? I ordered mine and they've been on backorder for almost 2 weeks. I am going to hit up a few more places, but wanted to see when you bought them. Thanks!

rjm161

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Hey lugnut...can you tell me who you got them from? I ordered mine and they've been on backorder for almost 2 weeks. I am going to hit up a few more places, but wanted to see when you bought them. Thanks!
In case anyone is looking for them, the right sail panel is on back order with no ETA. It's the only part I'll be missing when I go to do my install next week, so I guess I am going to take the hole saw to mine.

ezkarabetis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Here are the part numbers. go here and choose mirror from drop-down https://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/auto/jsp/mws/catdisplay.jsp?inputstate=4&catcgry1=CIVIC&catcgry2=2017&catcgry3=5DR EX&catcgry4=KACVT

These are Civic EX ones.

System Name\Component : MIRROR -- Choose another System\Component for : CIVIC

76220-TGG-A11 033 001 GARNISH ASSY., R. DOOR MIRROR (TWEETER) 8.27 5.79 Qty:
76270-TGG-A11 034 001 GARNISH ASSY., L. DOOR MIRROR (TWEETER) 6.58 4.61 Qty:

Here are the original Sport ones (saved this in case I wreck them):

76220-TGG-A01 011 001 GARNISH ASSY., R. DOOR MIRROR 5.98 4.19
76270-TGG-A01 018 001 GARNISH ASSY., L. DOOR MIRROR 4.75 3.33
Nope, the crossover was mounted in the door and the A pillar plastic piece had plenty of room for a tweeter. As for the door speakers I left them stock, I don't think you will get any better sound from aftermarket speakers with that stock head unit. Maybe I'm wrong, can anyone else answer that?
Thank you, rjm161, for those part numbers. I just ordered the EX tweeter mounts. I'll take my time ordering the right speakers, but at least I'll have the proper mount.

As for the crossovers, where are the stock ones mounted? Does anyone have a preferred method of mounting them in the door? AskNinjaTom, I know you said "in the door". Any more details? I'm hoping you have an answer. Thank you guys.

josby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring sedan
Country flag
As for the crossovers, where are the stock ones mounted?
Honda Civic 10th gen Civic Hatchback Sport (Manual) Tweeter Installed dsc8405edit

I haven't seen one myself so I can't say for sure, but I don't think there is a stock crossover. The picture above is from an Accord, but I suspect the tweeter on Civic systems without the factory amp is similar to this. That is, there's just a capacitor (yellow arrow) on the tweeter that filters out low frequencies at 6 dB per octave, and no filtering is done in the midrange speaker (mids naturally roll off high frequencies)

Last edited:

ezkarabetis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
dsc8405edit.jpg

I haven't seen one myself so I can't say for sure, but I don't think there is a stock crossover. The picture above is from an Accord, but I suspect the tweeter on Civic systems without the factory amp is similar to this. That is, there's just a capacitor (yellow arrow) on the tweeter that filters out low frequencies at 6 dB per octave, and no filtering is done in the midrange speaker.
Alright. That's definitely not what I expected. LOL. I was thinking of buying a decent set of component speakers for the front, but I don't know where I would mount the aftermarket crossovers. They are, obviously, much larger than this contraption. Thanks for the insight.

josby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring sedan
Country flag
Alright. That's definitely not what I expected. LOL. I was thinking of buying a decent set of component speakers for the front, but I don't know where I would mount the aftermarket crossovers. They are, obviously, much larger than this contraption. Thanks for the insight.
Yw. The wiring boots that go into the doors have plenty of extra room in them from what I can tell. If I were doing it, I would connect Metra speaker adapters for Hondas to the midrange connectors inside the door (they should have a full-range signal there), then run wires from those out of the doors into the cabin to under the seats, mount the crossovers under each seat, then run wires back from the crossovers into the doors to the mids and tweeters.

Mounting crossovers inside the doors can work but IMO there's too much risk of water damaging or them making an annoying rattling noise in there.
Sponsored