Civic Hatchback/Sedan/Coupe Aero Parts by Aeroflow Dynamics

Beenawhile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Its a new gen civic, so everyone is just getting to know each other. It'll change with time. I can take you off the list if you end of buying on your own :)
keep me on for now. I'm gonna wait another week or two and see.
Sponsored

MinhQP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm just here waiting for more group buy people so I can get a little discount but I'm not sure how much longer I can wait! Lol

OP
OP
jonnys_honda

jonnys_honda

First Name
Jonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R #1288
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Long story short. Be prepared to do a lot of manual work to get this installed Sport edition or not this Lip is only 20% "Pre-Drilled"

I needed the following.
Drill and assorted drill bits.
Drill Reamers
Wrenches and Screwdrivers
Angle Grinder with a sanding disk
black spray paint
4 hours of my time.
Thank you for your input! I'll make sure that the team at aeroflow sees this.
And your car looks great!

totopo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Ex Hatch, 370z
Country flag
Uhhh, so there's a gap between the front lip and the "splitter"? it looks like the gap runs all the way out the back? So it won't generate any downforce at all?

Looking at the angle it might even generate lift?

OP
OP
jonnys_honda

jonnys_honda

First Name
Jonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R #1288
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Uhhh, so there's a gap between the front lip and the "splitter"? it looks like the gap runs all the way out the back? So it won't generate any downforce at all?

Honda Civic 10th gen Civic Hatchback/Sedan/Coupe Aero Parts by Aeroflow Dynamics img_2156-

Now that I look at it, @Stegodon you placed the pvc spacers at the wrong location.
They were meant to be installed at the very ends between the lip and the splitter. Not at the front.
Circled in blue below.
Honda Civic 10th gen Civic Hatchback/Sedan/Coupe Aero Parts by Aeroflow Dynamics upload_2017-5-2_8-2-0

Beenawhile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Jonny, you can pull me off the group buy. I'm gonna go in another direction. Thanks man!

Stegodon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Honda Civic 10th gen Civic Hatchback/Sedan/Coupe Aero Parts by Aeroflow Dynamics img_2156-

Now that I look at it, @Stegodon you placed the pvc spacers at the wrong location.
They were meant to be installed at the very ends between the lip and the splitter. Not at the front.
Circled in blue below.
upload_2017-5-2_8-2-0.png
I know they were "meant" for the corner locations. When i assembled the splitter onto the bumper the mid section was pointed up rather aggressively. When the side areas where completely flat. If i placed them on the sides it would just space the sides even further down, thus inclining the center even more aggressively.

The stock lips on the Sport Model are larger then on the EX model. Because of this the splitter does not sit flat and flush on its own. Using the spacers as i did ensures the splitter is parallel to road.

Stegodon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase

if you have the sport model their is no gap because the OEM sport front lip is larger and this was made based on a hatch sport model. (to my knowledge)

If you re-install the rubber lip thing shown in my pics it will create a guard.. not a seal... but at least a blocker.

I bought the splitter for the look not really the performance.

The Ex lip has a slight joggle on it. and this spliter is 100% flat (except for the side fins) so no matter what it wont create a 100% block for pure downforce.

Again i think this was modeled and meant for use with the sport lips. If you look at Johnnys honda pics i dont see any gap. But his is also angled upward in the center to create a tight seal. I dont like the look of it angled up as i bought it for "show" not for "go". Those spacers I added were to level it out parallel to the road. In Jonnys pics he uses the spaces on the outer corners so the middle is tucked tight.

antihousewife

~*~ Call me Housey ~*~
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport, 2020 Toyota Tacoma TRD Offroad
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
EDITED TO ADD - AeroFlow received my complaint and took care of me. No problems now, and I have the splitter on my car!
So, I got my splitter today. And frankly, I am extremely disappointed in the product. Personally I think Aeroflow should have put off releasing this until they could actually make it ready, and not mostly finished.
Saying this thing is predrilled is a joke. It has 2 holes, out of the 6 needed - and I fully believe the post above that those 2 holes won't even be the right size. I guess I will find out tomorrow. But as annoying as that is, it's not the kicker for me. The lack of quality control, on the other hand, is a major problem for me.
If I spend this amount of money on what is essentially a piece of powder coated metal, I expect the powder coating to at least be well done. My splitter is absolutely NOT well done. There's a long indent in the metal that was powdered over, as well as multiple raised chunks of something that have been powedered over as well. These will be completely visible when mounted on my car. Along the front edge there's another problem. It looks like the edge was dinged and it was coated over as well. Obviously there as a rush to get these products done, and that rush resulted in inferior product going out.
So, my options are to install a part that is dinged and messed up straight from the factory on my (as of now) clean car; return it (if I even can) and deal with that hassle; or I am straight out $330.

Honda Civic 10th gen Civic Hatchback/Sedan/Coupe Aero Parts by Aeroflow Dynamics image1.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Civic Hatchback/Sedan/Coupe Aero Parts by Aeroflow Dynamics image2.JPG

Last edited:

joserevelo

J Revelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Vehicle Showcase
So, I got my splitter today. And frankly, I am extremely disappointed in the product. Personally I think Aeroflow should have put off releasing this until they could actually make it ready, and not mostly finished.
Saying this thing is predrilled is a joke. It has 2 holes, out of the 6 needed - and I fully believe the post above that those 2 holes won't even be the right size. I guess I will find out tomorrow. But as annoying as that is, it's not the kicker for me. The lack of quality control, on the other hand, is a major problem for me.
If I spend this amount of money on what is essentially a piece of powder coated metal, I expect the powder coating to at least be well done. My splitter is absolutely NOT well done. There's a long indent in the metal that was powdered over, as well as multiple raised chunks of something that have been powedered over as well. These will be completely visible when mounted on my car. Along the front edge there's another problem. It looks like the edge was dinged and it was coated over as well. Obviously there as a rush to get these products done, and that rush resulted in inferior product going out.
So, my options are to install a part that is dinged and messed up straight from the factory on my (as of now) clean car; return it (if I even can) and deal with that hassle; or I am straight out $330.

I would wait, guys. Give Aeroflow time to get their acts straight so you don't have issues like me. I guess that's what I get for trying to be an early adopter.

image1.JPG

image2.JPG
i'd return that in a second.... product is not a's promised... you might have to pay returning fee but at least you can save your hard earned money... goodluck

OP
OP
jonnys_honda

jonnys_honda

First Name
Jonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R #1288
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

I would wait, guys. Give Aeroflow time to get their acts straight so you don't have issues like me. I guess that's what I get for trying to be an early adopter.

image1.JPG

image2.JPG
I'll see if I can help you out here. I'll contact them tomorrow. I'm scheduled to be in their shop on Friday.

OP
OP
jonnys_honda

jonnys_honda

First Name
Jonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R #1288
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I know they were "meant" for the corner locations.
If I spend this amount of money on what is essentially a piece of powder coated metal, I expect the powder coating to at least be well done. My splitter is absolutely NOT well done. There's a long indent in the metal that was powdered over, as well as multiple raised chunks of something that have been powedered over as well. These will be completely visible when mounted on my car. Along the front edge there's another problem. It looks like the edge was dinged and it was coated over as well.
I spoke to Aeroflow just now. They ask for you two to email them.

They also said the following:
"Thanks for the info Jonny. Not sure why those weren't pre drilled. Have them email us and we'll take care of everything. As far as the dings on the splitter, the guys at powder coat didn't qc properly. We will go ahead and do a 50% refund for them. As far as the spacer it's suppose to be on the sides. Good call on that. I believe we shipped out the sample splitter to them on accident which were the test ones."

I hope this helps guys!!

Edit: @antihousewife
They will send you a new one if you wish. Email them to go over which option you like best.

Last edited:

Stegodon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
I spoke to Aeroflow just now. They ask for you two to email them.

They also said the following:
"Thanks for the info Jonny. Not sure why those weren't pre drilled. Have them email us and we'll take care of everything. As far as the dings on the splitter, the guys at powder coat didn't qc properly. We will go ahead and do a 50% refund for them. As far as the spacer it's suppose to be on the sides. Good call on that. I believe we shipped out the sample splitter to them on accident which were the test ones."

I hope this helps guys!!

Edit: @antihousewife
They will send you a new one if you wish. Email them to go over which option you like best.
Thanks for the headsup Jonny, I tried to find the instructions online by clicking the tab that says install i believe on the website and nothing popped up.

I sent them a email seeing what we can do. Ill reply to this thread with the feedback so others can benefit from this circumstance. I didint add it to my pics but mine also had paint defects. Most were on the bottom side so i cringingly tried to look past them haha

After i find a resolution Ill edit my above post as this looks as if it could of been a isolated incedent i dont want to give them a bad rep based on a one (or two) off sitsuation.

Thanks man
Sponsored