Civic hatch vs Kona N-Line

VarmintCong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST Line X (sold 2020 Si sedan)
Country flag

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK7 6MT, 2018 FK7 CVT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Are we comparing an SUV vs a Civic Hatch? Excuse me while I go vomit. ????

Drake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si
Country flag
It looks like it's squinting at me while flaring its (many) nostrils

OP
OP
VarmintCong

VarmintCong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Are we comparing an SUV vs a Civic Hatch? Excuse me while I go vomit. ????
Ground clearance
Civic LX = 6.7"
Kona = 6.7"

So is it really an SUV? Is the Civic really a hatch or a fastback sedan? Who cares about labels, either you like it or you don't. It's a very close match to a Civic hatch in price, performance, interior and practicality.

The full N version will be between the Si and Type R performance wise, that's the model I'm interested in. But only if it has a manual in the US.

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK7 6MT, 2018 FK7 CVT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ground clearance
Civic LX = 6.7"
Kona = 6.7"

So is it really an SUV? Is the Civic really a hatch or a fastback sedan? Who cares about labels, either you like it or you don't. It's a very close match to a Civic hatch in price, performance, interior and practicality.

The full N version will be between the Si and Type R performance wise, that's the model I'm interested in. But only if it has a manual in the US.
Ok, I'm back from vomiting. :) I appreciate you numbers. I love how my civic allows me to drop the seat to the floor and actually feel like I'm only 6.7" off the ground. I doubt you'll get that w/ an SUV. And here are some other numbers...

Height
Civic Hatch 56"
Kona 61"

I rounded both down b/c they're both too tall for my liking. Like many here, I too despise SUV's. I've had a couple, and they're this much fun to drive...ZERO. But I'm sure there are plenty that could wipe the floor with the Civic in a straight line. I still don't like the idea of comparing a subcompact SUV to a compact car, but it's cool, I get it. Maybe this one will actually be somewhat fun.

As far as fun, compact, affordable Korean cars go.... Veloster N? Yes, please. Elantra GT N Line? Sure! Forte GT? You bet. Kona? Ehh, pass for me. But to each their own - that's what makes the world great. ?

OP
OP
VarmintCong

VarmintCong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Ok, I'm back from vomiting. :) I appreciate you numbers. I love how my civic allows me to drop the seat to the floor and actually feel like I'm only 6.7" off the ground. I doubt you'll get that w/ an SUV. And here are some other numbers...

Height
Civic Hatch 56"
Kona 61"

I rounded both down b/c they're both too tall for my liking. Like many here, I too despise SUV's. I've had a couple, and they're this much fun to drive...ZERO. But I'm sure there are plenty that could wipe the floor with the Civic in a straight line. I still don't like the idea of comparing a subcompact SUV to a compact car, but it's cool, I get it. Maybe this one will actually be somewhat fun.

As far as fun, compact, affordable Korean cars go.... Veloster N? Yes, please. Elantra GT N Line? Sure! Forte GT? You bet. Kona? Ehh, pass for me. But to each their own - that's what makes the world great. ?
well unfortunately it's not too each their own cause we're not getting the Forte GT or Elantra GT in the US anymore. I'll reserve judgement on the Kona. It's a trade off, many like AWD as well.
Sponsored