Civic Hatch LX...Best Performance Buy under 20k?

Zerostatic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Fit, Honda CR-V
Country flag
What do you guys think? Civic Hatch LX MSRP is $19,700. It's the only under 20k civic with the turbo engine (which has been proven to be under-rated and is probably putting down like 190-200 HP at the crank and with a Hondata ECU upgrade is putting up GTI/Civic Is number).

Do you think this is the best overall performance buy for under 20k?
Sponsored

neteng101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
Do you think this is the best overall performance buy for under 20k?
The difference to step up to the Sport/EX hatch trim is negligible enough that in my mind, the LX hatch is not exactly a screaming buy. Who cares if its under 20k if you can spend a bit more and get a lot more?

ikbenben

Belgium spec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic 1.5T Sport Plus HB
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
"which has been proven to be under-rated and is probably putting down like 190-200 HP at the crank"
Depends on which dyno you went. Not all are correctly calibrated.

Alejoviejo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Cadillac CTS, 2017 Civic Touring Sedan
Country flag
Buy a used S4 or Mustang GT. That's the bang for the buck you're looking for if all you care about is performance. In which case you're looking in the wrong place. The Civic isn't a track monster unless you go type r

hfpdohc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hatch 2017 M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
thats what i bought because i dont care about oem bigger wheels and sun roof and plastick ugly side skirts...i think the lx is have a cleaner look exept the chrome trim on top of the window...but for 20$ a can of plasti dip can cover all that ;)
and what about the dual center exhaust? i8 still have a dual exhaust but on both side...not worth 5000$ canadian for that package

LeaveEarly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic HB LX HS
I have the LX with honda sensing and my friend told me it has more features than his parents' 2015 Porsche Macan. Bought for 27300 CAD OTD.

The only feature I wish I had from the sport was were sunroof.

Dual centre exhaust takes up trunk space, the premium fuel would not bother me but the 6.7L/100km vs the lx 6.0L/100km on hwy would.

Smaller rims on the lx are better for our pot hole roads in Toronto. I hear the road noise is less on the sport which would be a plus but then again load road noise on the lx keeps me awake .

If the lx did not come with honda sensing that would have been a deal breaker and then I would have gotten the sport.

maaaaackle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport Hatch 6MT
Country flag
You guys up in Canada with all your features.

The sport trim down here is fucking BARE.

HatchorNada

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic Hatch
Hence why I got a LX with SENSING. best bang for buck. I can turn my neck left and right and never fret a brow about forward collisions. and since it is so stable, nothing side to side either!

xcoreflyup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Hatchback Sport (Traded in), 2022 BIG PRIUS
Country flag
Get an used a C5 or C6 vette if you want a best performance under $20k.

Last edited:

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring; 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L
Country flag
I don't know whether it is the best performance deal under 20k, and I have no idea what would be the best performance deals under 15k and 10k.

Obvously, I bought the HB ST because I consider this to be the best deal overall in all Civicx and similar type of cars hands down.
Sponsored