Civic Hatch Light Bar. What do you guys think?

OP
OP
stu_driver

stu_driver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B8.5 S5, FK8 Type R
Country flag
Damn I really wanted to do this but have the Mugen tail lights. Worried that the led light bar might look funny with Mugen orange tail light blinkers being in the upper portion. It looks really good with the stock lights!
@OP Did you have any issues with the light bar fully covering the OEM third brake light area? Read a post about another user mentioning it didn't cover up the area. Super appreciate the day pics but I can't see under the led light bar.
Looks really good!!!
Will post more pictures tomorrow. What they did for the third brake light was they had had a smaller plastic place holder that shaped like the third brake light but doesn't function at all (basically a solid black plastic piece). So to answer your question. The light bar isn't going to fully cover the OEM third brake light area, but to me it's close enough. It's not noticeable at all, and as far as I can tell, that shouldn't be an issue either aesthetically or functionally.
Sponsored

dwag0588

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CW CTR, 2014 Mazda CX-5, 2006 NC Miata, 2018 Silverado 5.3 (work)
Country flag
I love this. It fits the design of the car so well.

hikaru

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sedan 1.5T, 2009 Accord Sedan 2.4 LX-P, 2000 Civic Sedan EK4
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Photo dump (dirty car, storm last night). The fit is 90% perfect. Definitely not very noticeable if you stand behind it. The plastic material feels exactly the same as OEM. LMK if you have any specific things you'd like to see.

91628860429_.pic.jpg

101628860430_.pic.jpg

111628860431_.pic.jpg

131628860433_.pic.jpg

141628860434_.pic.jpg
I've seen couple with these aftermarket center light, but many of them turn cloudy within months. The plastic lens aren't built to withstand the elements as many aftermarket lights.

Narumi

First Name
Narumi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport, 2015 BRZ Premium, 1990 300ZX 2+2
Country flag
Will post more pictures tomorrow. What they did for the third brake light was they had had a smaller plastic place holder that shaped like the third brake light but doesn't function at all (basically a solid black plastic piece). So to answer your question. The light bar isn't going to fully cover the OEM third brake light area, but to me it's close enough. It's not noticeable at all, and as far as I can tell, that shouldn't be an issue either aesthetically or functionally.
Thank you for your reply!!! I couldn't get a detailed answer from the previous post so I greatly appreciate the pictures and info!

OP
OP
stu_driver

stu_driver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B8.5 S5, FK8 Type R
Country flag
I've seen couple with these aftermarket center light, but many of them turn cloudy within months. The plastic lens aren't built to withstand the elements as many aftermarket lights.
I will certainly keep the thread updated if there's any quality issues

OP
OP
stu_driver

stu_driver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B8.5 S5, FK8 Type R
Country flag
Thank you for your reply!!! I couldn't get a detailed answer from the previous post so I greatly appreciate the pictures and info!
Still a dirty car, been raining none stop here. Here's a shot under the taillight, it's smaller for sure, but as you can see, there's no disconnect between the "center tail light" plastic and the tinted area of the rear glass.

Honda Civic 10th gen Civic Hatch Light Bar. What do you guys think? WechatIMG15

FK8CW2019

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
i suck at installing stuff any installers in CA lol def like the look of it

Cornercarver

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic Type R, 2002 Lexus SC430
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Nice job, looks great!

BABY NSX

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R, 2019 Toyota Sienna, 2006 Toyota Highlander, 1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye
Country flag
Looks great! Thanks for posting this! I was wondering about a light like this since I saw one of the other Civic models had lights going all the way across. Looks really nice! As far as the second link it’s weird it states for 2020-2021? Would guess the 2017-2021 hatches are all the same but could be wrong.

OP
OP
stu_driver

stu_driver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B8.5 S5, FK8 Type R
Country flag
Looks great! Thanks for posting this! I was wondering about a light like this since I saw one of the other Civic models had lights going all the way across. Looks really nice! As far as the second link it’s weird it states for 2020-2021? Would guess the 2017-2021 hatches are all the same but could be wrong.
IMO the sellers are just posting random model years. The link I bought mine from originally said it didn't fit a type R. I reached out in DMs and asked what the reason is, and he replied by saying it was a mistake and it does fit a type R. TBH the whole buying process is a little weird. After I purchased it, ebay said it will arrive in 20 days, but then it shows up on my front yard after only 4 days.

SpicyPIXEL

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 SGP Civic Type R #43027
Country flag
Oooh! NICE
Did it come with installation instructions?

OP
OP
stu_driver

stu_driver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B8.5 S5, FK8 Type R
Country flag
Oooh! NICE
Did it come with installation instructions?
It did, but it's a video playing in 2x speed. It's mostly on how to disassemble the trunk which you can easily find a video on youtube on exactly that. I think you still need some basic wiring knowledge, but it's not too difficult.

bushfreakz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 SI, '17 FK8
Country flag
*UPDATE - n/m didn't see your updated post

OP, How have the lights held up? I'm on the fence. It looks great but the shape looks slightly not OEM around the tail lights? It looks like the shape of the arch was nailed perfectly though.
Sponsored