Civic Hatch Light Bar. What do you guys think?

Volksparts

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 CTR, 17 TRD Tacoma, 2017 Wrangler, 2020 Avalon
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just installed center light bar for my FK8, the install was a pain in the a** but I think it turned out okay. What do you guys think?

TypeRRRR.jpeg
Is that the one that blinks when you brake? That was the only thing that turned me off about the design.

OP
OP
stu_driver

stu_driver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B8.5 S5, FK8 Type R
Country flag
really depends on how you wire it. If you don't wire the red wire, it won't blink, just a red bar. I actually like the blink so I wired it. I didn't wire the turn signal wires tho.

OP
OP
stu_driver

stu_driver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B8.5 S5, FK8 Type R
Country flag
Thanks dude!
no problem, if you decide to do buy it. make sure you know how to wire and prepare to disassemble the whole hatch lol. Took myself and another person around 3-4 hours. The second link does look like the same product, but I'm not 100% certain on that so take it with a grain of salt.

Volksparts

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 CTR, 17 TRD Tacoma, 2017 Wrangler, 2020 Avalon
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
really depends on how you wire it. If you don't wire the red wire, it won't blink, just a red bar. I actually like the blink so I wired it. I didn't wire the turn signal wires tho.
Hey as long as I can wire it not to blink then I'm game....I remember seeing the vids on Ali express also. So you are 100% sure that it can be wired not to blink? Looks great otherwise. Also any pics of it during the day?

OP
OP
stu_driver

stu_driver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B8.5 S5, FK8 Type R
Country flag
Hey as long as I can wire it not to blink then I'm game....I remember seeing the vids on Ali express also. So you are 100% sure that it can be wired not to blink? Looks great otherwise. Also any pics of it during the day?
just installed it tonight and played around with the wiring (will update pictures tmr). I'm 100% certain there's a pattern I used that made it not blink (it's actually easier to wire if I didn't want it to blink). Just gotta play around with the black/white/red wires a bit and you will find out.

OP
OP
stu_driver

stu_driver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B8.5 S5, FK8 Type R
Country flag
Photo dump (dirty car, storm last night). The fit is 90% perfect. Definitely not very noticeable if you stand behind it. The plastic material feels exactly the same as OEM. LMK if you have any specific things you'd like to see.

Honda Civic 10th gen Civic Hatch Light Bar. What do you guys think? 91628860429_.pic

Honda Civic 10th gen Civic Hatch Light Bar. What do you guys think? 101628860430_.pic

Honda Civic 10th gen Civic Hatch Light Bar. What do you guys think? 111628860431_.pic

Honda Civic 10th gen Civic Hatch Light Bar. What do you guys think? 131628860433_.pic

Honda Civic 10th gen Civic Hatch Light Bar. What do you guys think? 141628860434_.pic

OP
OP
stu_driver

stu_driver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B8.5 S5, FK8 Type R
Country flag
Can't agree more, install 's painful, but I love the result. TBH I think the bar completes the look of the FK8. The next gen Civic has a center light strip, the NSX has connecting rear end tail lights, why not fk8 lol.

_silvy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Dammit, now I have to decide if I want this or the Mugen lights. And that's not going to be easy. Crap.

OP
OP
stu_driver

stu_driver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B8.5 S5, FK8 Type R
Country flag
Dammit, now I have to decide if I want this or the Mugen lights. And that's not going to be easy. Crap.
neither are cheap lol. If you want less headache (painful install), go with Mugen. If you want something less common, go with this.

Narumi

First Name
Narumi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport, 2015 BRZ Premium, 1990 300ZX 2+2
Country flag
Damn I really wanted to do this but have the Mugen tail lights. Worried that the led light bar might look funny with Mugen orange tail light blinkers being in the upper portion. It looks really good with the stock lights!
@OP Did you have any issues with the light bar fully covering the OEM third brake light area? Read a post about another user mentioning it didn't cover up the area. Super appreciate the day pics but I can't see under the led light bar.
Looks really good!!!
Sponsored