Civic hatch design vs other compact hatchbacks

LeaveEarly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic HB LX HS
I agr
I've owned plenty of hatchbacks and wagons. I like my Civic hatch, but from a practicality standpoint, I don't care for how the sloped rear end / hatch negatively impacts cargo space. I'd prefer a taller more wagon-like roofline so that I could haul taller cargo. I'm probably older and grumpier than the average Civic hatch owner on this forum, though. I've reached the stage in life where how something functions matters more to me than what something looks like.

I'd love it if the Civic hatch had more of a tall rear end like the old Nissan NX Sportbak. I realize that one other person out of 100 shares this opinion. lol.

My ideal car would probably be a Civic wagon. If I could buy a VW Golf Sportwagen made by Honda, it would be fantastic.

For you those of you who may not have occupied space on this rock quite as long as I have, here is what an NX Sportbak was to save you the Googling. By the way, that rear piece was removable so you could go topless in the back if you wanted to. Cool idea.

32.jpg
I agree with you 100% I am in my early 20s and the main reason I got the civic hatch was the practicality. I have the lx cvt Honda sensing and its the best package for the price than any other compact hatch. The sacrifice in roof line is also a little ridiculous.
Sponsored

mjones5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Honda Pilot, 2004 Honda CRV, 2006 Honda Civic
Can you put a bicycle in the back of the hatchback without taking the front wheel off ? I have a 54 Specialized Diverge

mjones5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Honda Pilot, 2004 Honda CRV, 2006 Honda Civic
Thanks for the reply on the bike fitting in the back. I love the Hatchback, want the sport but can't put a hitch bike rack with the dual exhausts. Wish they would come up with one. I don't us roof racks due to bad back and lifting.

LeaveEarly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic HB LX HS
That's what I like to hear. 1 bike without having to take my wheel off is going to be great, but if I can fit 2, even better!! Picking up my new Hatchback this Saturday.
Yeah the wheels are all on when it fits :)

LeaveEarly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic HB LX HS
Thanks for the reply on the bike fitting in the back. I love the Hatchback, want the sport but can't put a hitch bike rack with the dual exhausts. Wish they would come up with one. I don't us roof racks due to bad back and lifting.
Get the lx and if the us the ex. Premium is getting expensive

DoubleDown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport Hatch 6MT
Country flag
I wish Hyundai would release the i30N in the States. I would trade my Sport in a heartbeat.

gen10_civics_ig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
If the hatchback was available in 2016 when I got my sedan, I would have bought it in a heartbeat. The civic sedan is far too tiny to haul anything useful. Luckily the wife has an SUV for that but still would have appreciated the cargo room.

Last edited:

MyFirstHonda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
If the hatchback was available in 2016 when I got my sedan, I would have bought it in a heartbeat. The civic is far too tiny to haul anything useful. Luckily the wife has an SUV for that but still would have appreciated the cargo room.
I wish Honda would have released the sedan, hatchback, and coupe all at once.

mar6o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 5D Elegance Navi MT 1.0
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Took my 29'' city bike to maintenance today and didn't have to remove the front wheel or even think too much about how to place the bike.

Just chucked it in there with the seats down and it fit without issues.

Who needs an estate anyway? :)

Honda Civic 10th gen Civic hatch design vs other compact hatchbacks IMG_20180425_141403

n2da2nd

It's Senor Bane to ya
First Name
Nam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
When I looked into buying a new car, I would never have thought about the Civic since my DD then was an Accord coupe. Not a fan of SUV, nor another coupe, so I look into sedan and....... hatchback. I picked out the '18 Camry XSE, '14 Mazda6 station wagon (then i realized that i cant get it in the US), and even the '16 MB wagon (used one, of course). Then i saw a YT vid that my friend sent me..... Sold! I was determined that I would get the Civic hatchback once i got a promotion at work. Fast forward to present time, I have owned the HB for a month now and I absolutely love it! Its look gets me so many compliments and countless head-turns whenever I drive-by the parking lots at the mall/shopping plaza. With the plan to keep this car for 10+ yrs, I'm gonna spend the money on the extended warranty and oil change program soon.

MyFirstHonda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
When I looked into buying a new car, I would never have thought about the Civic since my DD then was an Accord coupe. Not a fan of SUV, nor another coupe, so I look into sedan and....... hatchback. I picked out the '18 Camry XSE, '14 Mazda6 station wagon (then i realized that i cant get it in the US), and even the '16 MB wagon (used one, of course). Then i saw a YT vid that my friend sent me..... Sold! I was determined that I would get the Civic hatchback once i got a promotion at work. Fast forward to present time, I have owned the HB for a month now and I absolutely love it! Its look gets me so many compliments and countless head-turns whenever I drive-by the parking lots at the mall/shopping plaza. With the plan to keep this car for 10+ yrs, I'm gonna spend the money on the extended warranty and oil change program soon.
I’m glad you were able to sort through options and get the Civic Hatchback. I tried to talk my wife into getting a 2018 Accord, but she was set on the 2018 Camry XSE.
Sponsored