Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
While reading these comments, all I can think of is my wife saying, “See, I told you so!”
I offered 30k for the '18 Camry XSE 4-cylinder fully loaded with red interior but the dealer wanted 32k, so i got the Civic HB instead. Save myself some money though the 3yrs 0.9% financing Honda offers is not as great as the 5yrs 0% from Toyota.

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I've owned plenty of hatchbacks and wagons. I like my Civic hatch, but from a practicality standpoint, I don't care for how the sloped rear end / hatch negatively impacts cargo space. I'd prefer a taller more wagon-like roofline so that I could haul taller cargo. I'm probably older and grumpier than the average Civic hatch owner on this forum, though. I've reached the stage in life where how something functions matters more to me than what something looks like.

I'd love it if the Civic hatch had more of a tall rear end like the old Nissan NX Sportbak. I realize that one other person out of 100 shares this opinion. lol.

My ideal car would probably be a Civic wagon. If I could buy a VW Golf Sportwagen made by Honda, it would be fantastic.

For you those of you who may not have occupied space on this rock quite as long as I have, here is what an NX Sportbak was to save you the Googling. By the way, that rear piece was removable so you could go topless in the back if you wanted to. Cool idea.

32.jpg
That reminds me of the first new car I ever tried to buy, a Nissan pulsar. Lol

MyFirstHonda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
I offered 30k for the '18 Camry XSE 4-cylinder fully loaded with red interior but the dealer wanted 32k, so i got the Civic HB instead. Save myself some money though the 3yrs 0.9% financing Honda offers is not as great as the 5yrs 0% from Toyota.

With $1,000 in positive equity from a trade-in, my wife was able to get the dealer to $29k out-the-door on an XSE in Ruby Flare Pearl. It doesn’t have the red interior, but the exterior color is absolutely amazing! She gets so many compliments, both in terms of body styling and color. I don’t get nearly as many compliments with my Hatchback Sport. Oh, well.

markc72

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback EX-L w/NAVI
Country flag
With $1,000 in positive equity from a trade-in, my wife was able to get the dealer to $29k out-the-door on an XSE in Ruby Flare Pearl. It doesn’t have the red interior, but the exterior color is absolutely amazing! She gets so many compliments, both in terms of body styling and color. I don’t get nearly as many compliments with my Hatchback Sport. Oh, well.
Camry's are better, but they are still old folks cars :)

absolude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KW SC 2007 CSX Type S, 2023 PWP Si
Country flag
After three years spent with a leased Mazda3, I often find myself comparing the two.
At first I've always said the Mazda looked better but now I appreciate the overall shape of the Civic a lot more. It is wider, lower and sloped hatch has a sportier look.
It's the details, especially the ghastly fake plastic vents that bring the Civic down.
Almost scared when I think how good it may look after the refresh for 2019.