Civic EX-T w/ HS or Civic EX-L?

Andy123az

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Acura MDX Tech, 2016 Honda Civic EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Im about ready to buy a new Civic and was looking to get something around 25K OTD.

The Civic EX-T w/ HS has the Turbo which is a must for me and it has Honda Sensing which is nice although not needed. The EX-L adds leather seats, the leather wrapped steering wheel, leather wrapped shift boot, power seats, and the auto dimming rearview mirror.

Is Honda Sensing worth the cost? I live in San Francisco which does get heavily congested from time to time and was wondering if HS is useful during highway commute.

Which Civic would you personally choose and why? EX-T w/ HS or EX-L?
Sponsored

Rawnerve1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 crv
Country flag
Im about ready to buy a new Civic and was looking to get something around 25K OTD.

The Civic EX-T w/ HS has the Turbo which is a must for me and it has Honda Sensing which is nice although not needed. The EX-L adds leather seats, the leather wrapped steering wheel, leather wrapped shift boot, power seats, and the auto dimming rearview mirror.

Is Honda Sensing worth the cost? I live in San Francisco which does get heavily congested from time to time and was wondering if HS is useful during highway commute.

Which Civic would you personally choose and why? EX-T w/ HS or EX-L?
I was going through the same thing. I went with a White with black leather. I have 2 kids in sports ect so leather is a must. I read a few horror stories about the HS slamming on its breaks and people almost getting hit from behind. I been driving for years and never needed a car to keep me in a lane or stop for me.

OP
OP
Andy123az

Andy123az

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I was going through the same thing. I went with a White with black leather. I have 2 kids in sports ect so leather is a must. I read a few horror stories about the HS slamming on its breaks and people almost getting hit from behind. I been driving for years and never needed a car to keep me in a lane or stop for me.
Thanks for your input. Im leaning towards leather too since I would notice/use it more often. Honda Sensing however is something cool I would like to have in the car from time to time during heavier commutes or when I need to take my eyes off the road for a second or two.

You ended up with a EX-L. If you dont mind sharing, how much did you pay for your EX-L OTD? My local dealership offered me 25,100 OTD.

Rawnerve1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 crv
Country flag
Thanks for your input. Im leaning towards leather too since I would notice/use it more often. Honda Sensing however is something cool I would like to have in the car from time to time during heavier commutes or when I need to take my eyes off the road for a second or two.

You ended up with a EX-L. If you dont mind sharing, how much did you pay for your EX-L OTD? My local dealership offered me 25,100 OTD.
I paid 22252.00 for the car with destination. Tax in NJ is 7 percent and then dmv and dealer fees where around 667.00. I had to place a deposit Because for some reason NJ does not have any white with black leather. I was lucky because a dealer had one in order coming in between 4/2 and 4/6.

What color are you looking to get?

somarilnos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Country flag
Depends largely on your opinion of leather seats and computer control of some aspects of your driving.

I specifically avoided HS because I still have trepidation about certain aspects of it (I'm more concerned about other people drifting into my lane, and the need to react to that without the vehicle trying to fight me on it, than me drifting into other lanes, and I don't want to end up damaging my rim/suspension because lane keeping throws me into a pothole). I went with the EX-T because leather seats aren't a huge draw for me. They're uncomfortable in extreme weather, and unfortunately, in Massachusetts, there's plenty of there around, one way or the other.

It's really a personal decision (and keeping in mind that you can get HS on the EX-L as well).

OP
OP
Andy123az

Andy123az

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I paid 22252.00 for the car with destination. Tax in NJ is 7 percent and then dmv and dealer fees where around 667.00. I had to place a deposit Because for some reason NJ does not have any white with black leather. I was lucky because a dealer had one in order coming in between 4/2 and 4/6.

What color are you looking to get?
I'm looking to get an Aegean Blue EX-L. Thanks for providing information. Hoping to pick up the Civic sometime this week.

OP
OP
Andy123az

Andy123az

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Depends largely on your opinion of leather seats and computer control of some aspects of your driving.

I specifically avoided HS because I still have trepidation about certain aspects of it (I'm more concerned about other people drifting into my lane, and the need to react to that without the vehicle trying to fight me on it, than me drifting into other lanes, and I don't want to end up damaging my rim/suspension because lane keeping throws me into a pothole). I went with the EX-T because leather seats aren't a huge draw for me. They're uncomfortable in extreme weather, and unfortunately, in Massachusetts, there's plenty of there around, one way or the other.

It's really a personal decision (and keeping in mind that you can get HS on the EX-L as well).
Living in California, weather doesn't really worry me which is why I'm leaning towards an EX-L. I like the idea of Honda sensing and it could come in handy from time to time. I would love to have a EX-L w/ HS but my budget 25K OTD.

dpcolumbus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
did anyone recently bought Honda civic EXL in newjesery
need to know the OTD as this is now a outgoing model but still has its own charm
Sponsored