OP
OP
Pearl

Pearl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CivicT
Probably a good tip although I'm not sure what a "capacitor cam" is although I'm sure Google would suffice. I live in Florida and boy does it get hot here, no doubt but keeping that in mind, I mounted my camera as high as possible where it is partially covered with the roof and the limo tint. I've read that dash cameras in general can get overheated and what I liked about the 0806 is the vent holes everywhere. I also have mine hardwired because I can't imagine having to recharge my dash cam every night after already having to plug in my iPhone, two iPads and my headphones. No thanks!

I read a lot about these cameras before getting the Mini. They pretty much all come from China with the exception of my Thinkware 750 and I know the initial batch of 0806s had some problems but like anything from China, it seems like if you wait a couple months for the revision then everything should work. I have two Minis and they're both flawless so far. As for the Amazon score, I think people more people are likely to go through the trouble of writing a review for a dud than the majority who have great cameras, myself included.

It's like any car forum with thread after thread about problems; a newcomer might think that the car is a POS because a significant number of posts are about problems but there would be far more positive ones if people wrote about how happy they are with their car, which they usually don't.

I still think this is a decent little cam and I like the large following and upgradeable firmware. I feel like I have a support base behind my purchase and I'm still thrilled about the video quality and myriad of features I haven't even explored yet.
Sponsored

HondaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Country flag