CIVIC + CRV 1.5t Oil Dilution Recall??

TurboBlow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback
Country flag
I've heard of problems with oil dilution on the 1.5T civic and crv engines. I'm in Vancouver, Canada and called the dealership and they said there was nothing for my VIN.

How do I know my car is unaffected by this problem?

http://www.hondaproblems.com/oil-dilution/
Sponsored

IDriveACivic

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring Sedan
Country flag
Hello fellow Canadian.
Run your VIN here: https://www.honda.ca/recalls
If something pops up, call your dealership and reference the product recall/update campaign. If that doesn't work, try calling Honda Coorporate, and (once they confirmed a recall is applicable to your VIN) they will patch you through a dealership.

I had the update done last week.

turbo lover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
I don't see any recalls listed for my car. Maybe not all models are considered to be affected, or the recall doesn't cover hatches yet?

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
Hello fellow Canadian.
Run your VIN here: https://www.honda.ca/recalls
If something pops up, call your dealership and reference the product recall/update campaign. If that doesn't work, try calling Honda Coorporate, and (once they confirmed a recall is applicable to your VIN) they will patch you through a dealership.

I had the update done last week.
The most USELESS and badly designed search page of all.
Does not check that you even enter a valid Vin#, and when you do, it acts the same as if you entered random numbers. No indication of detecting that you have entered a valid Vin#, or that the one you did, at least matched the make/mode/trim that you have.

PATHETIC Honda !!!

IDriveACivic

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring Sedan
Country flag
The most USELESS and badly designed search page of all.
Does not check that you even enter a valid Vin#, and when you do, it acts the same as if you entered random numbers. No indication of detecting that you have entered a valid Vin#, or that the one you did, at least matched the make/mode/trim that you have.

PATHETIC Honda !!!
American VINs do not apply on Canadian website.

:ninja:

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
American VINs do not apply on Canadian website.

:ninja:
Ooops .. my mistake... but the Canadian site should still reject Invalid Vin #s

The USA site does far better

http://owners.honda.com/service-maintenance/recalls

If you enter an invalid Vin#, you get

The VIN entered is invalid. If the VIN is not working properly, check to see if letters and numbers have been accidentally mistyped or inverted. Make sure the letter O was not entered in place of the number 0. Also, make sure the correct number of characters has been entered. Automobiles have a unique 17-character VIN.

Last edited:

Swank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe Black
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I just got a call from my dealer in Calgary to do this recall work, so it does apply to 2018 Si's at least.

SI_honda_2k17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic si
Country flag
When i enter my serial into the honda/recall website, it says that a recall or bulletin is outstanding for my SI 2017. The info is not available yet though. Quebec, Canada

invader

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Corolla Hatch SE 6-spd
Country flag
It remains to be seen if a simple ECU recalibration can completely 'fix' the fuel dilution problem... How have your 1.5T's held up so far up north in Canada and affected states, without using a 'cold front' (grille or radiator cover) ?

SI_honda_2k17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic si
Country flag
It remains to be seen if a simple ECU recalibration can completely 'fix' the fuel dilution problem... How have your 1.5T's held up so far up north in Canada and affected states, without using a 'cold front' (grille or radiator cover) ?
Very well, i can smell the gas through the dip stick but the oil level never increased at an abnormal level. I my case though i drive 40km to get to work with minimum traffic. The car have plently of time to warm up.

SI_honda_2k17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic si
Country flag
When i enter my serial into the honda/recall website, it says that a recall or bulletin is outstanding for my SI 2017. The info is not available yet though. Quebec, Canada
I just rechecked on the site and the PDF of the recall now showup
It’s for the oil dilution: changer parameter of the computer, replacing the AC unit, flush the oil and give extended warranty

R&Civic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 VW Golf R & 2018 Honda Civic CVT LX Hatch
Country flag
Got my letter in the mail yesterday! I am up here in Edmonton, AB. I should really pay more attention on this. I do however drive a lot. Have the car for over 9 months and put over 28000 km on it.
Sponsored