Civic Condenser can last only three years?

BriteBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX-L
Country flag
I just had my car in at the dealership. Leaking condenser. Covered under warranty luckily.

Knowing a good mechanic would be the only other saving grace if they deemed it to be damaged by road debris or "rodents chewing wires" like my service manager tried to explain to me. I don't know what they would have quoted for repairs had it been for one of those reasons but I would imagine in the 1000$-1500$ range.
If possible ask the dealer if you can see the defective part & get a look at the part number tag to see where is was made & if was made by Keihin as shown in the above photos.
Sponsored

BriteBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX-L
Country flag
So my Si's condenser is a ticking time bomb? A/C's been working good so far.
Someone needs to have a friend who works at a Honda dealer & have them look at whatever defective condensers they have stacked up somewhere in a back room & see where they were made.

usagora

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport 1.5L Turbo
Country flag
I have no intentions of restricting the airflow to my condenser.
Actually, I just realized my condenser is actually NOT exposed there anyway because I have a turbo, so the intercooler is at the bottom. There are still vents above that area, though, that expose the condenser, though not as much as it would be with no intercooler.

MatTical

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2022 Passport Trailsport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I just had my car in at the dealership. Leaking condenser. Covered under warranty luckily.

Knowing a good mechanic would be the only other saving grace if they deemed it to be damaged by road debris or "rodents chewing wires" like my service manager tried to explain to me. I don't know what they would have quoted for repairs had it been for one of those reasons but I would imagine in the 1000$-1500$ range.
Did the dealer give you any flack for your car being modded?

Hats_N_Hoodies

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sport Hatch
Country flag
Did the dealer give you any flack for your car being modded?
None at all.

The damaged the paint on my bumper near the headlights as well when they put it back on so I am getting it touched up and bringing them the bill.

Hats_N_Hoodies

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sport Hatch
Country flag
If possible ask the dealer if you can see the defective part & get a look at the part number tag to see where is was made & if was made by Keihin as shown in the above photos.
Honda Civic 10th gen Civic Condenser can last only three years? Capture.PNG

All I know is this is the part# it was replaced with.

MatTical

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2022 Passport Trailsport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
None at all.

The damaged the paint on my bumper near the headlights as well when they put it back on so I am getting it touched up and bringing them the bill.
Just got mine back. It was the condenser. Didn't get any questions on the car being modded at all. Had it for about a day, and now (after a year and a half) I finally have AC again!

bluehatch17

First Name
bluehatch17
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sport touring hatchback. 2019 Coupe sport.
Country flag
My 1st warranty 2019 a01, my 2nd warranty just in April 2022, it has a02. This makes me hope maybe I won’t have to go a 3rd time.

bluehatch17

First Name
bluehatch17
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sport touring hatchback. 2019 Coupe sport.
Country flag
I am pretty fully modded. Full body kit, wheels, intake/exhaust, a lot of interior items also. No issues with warranty.

I have had warranty done on my RSX with similar full load of mods and a single sparco driver seat and passenger seat completely removed.

alxgravel

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic si 2017
Country flag
My 1st warranty 2019 a01, my 2nd warranty just in April 2022, it has a02. This makes me hope maybe I won’t have to go a 3rd time.
I'm getting the 3rd one Thursday the second batch fail to. My 2th worked for 2 years.