GARz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Hatchback 2017 EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You got a point.

I guess my expectations of Honda were higher. It never crossed my mind that I had to further line their pockets to make good on a known issue. ?

I love(d) my civic. Still get compliments to this day and didn't even dream of trading it in. Now my love for them is bitter sweet knowing I may have to keep fixing this issue. At this point, I'm hoping they will goodwill me and I can either trade in for something else in the near future before next summer comes along and it craps again.

I saw a bunch of other hatchbacks get the whole treatment when it came to their A/C's. I guess they must have been under warranty to be considered eligible for the TSB.

?
Sponsored

Slickone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Le Car
Country flag
You got a point.

I guess my expectations of Honda were higher. It never crossed my mind that I had to further line their pockets to make good on a known issue. ?

I love(d) my civic. Still get compliments to this day and didn't even dream of trading it in. Now my love for them is bitter sweet knowing I may have to keep fixing this issue. At this point, I'm hoping they will goodwill me and I can either trade in for something else in the near future before next summer comes along and it craps again.

I saw a bunch of other hatchbacks get the whole treatment when it came to their A/C's. I guess they must have been under warranty to be considered eligible for the TSB.

?
You already bought the car from them. That should be enough reason for them to take care of you, without getting bent over paying for their overpriced "service". I knew Honda corp customer service was bad, but wow, that's a new low.

zspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback FK7
Country flag
You already bought the car from them. That should be enough reason for them to take care of you, without getting bent over paying for their overpriced "service". I knew Honda corp customer service was bad, but wow, that's a new low.
I think it is a give and take especially for out of warranty claims.

Buying a car from the dealer/manufacturer doesn’t give them a firm reason to take care of you, it takes a good relationship to be established in order to really take care of you. I understand that service is really costly, but if you just did a couple of visits just to say that “oh I did my service with them quite a few” is probably enough when they take a look at your record history. At least you had something than none.

zspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback FK7
Country flag
You got a point.

?
I was already out of my 3 year/36000 mile warranty. I was at 37 months of ownership with 40200ish miles but I had a good record with them that I established. For sure when they looked at my service history, the case manager saw that I was seeing the dealership, hence giving me a compensation for that.

I had some stuff done to my car outside the dealership though.

GARz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Hatchback 2017 EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The cost to fix this issue is spit in the bucket for them, compared to the average civic owner. I don't owe them my service business to make right on a issue they're fixing across the civic line, because I am a hatchback owner.

I'm in my 30's. I'm not a 70 year old on my last car purchase. I'd obviously continue to purchase vehicles. So that should play a bigger role. Simply covering me under the TSB. Reassuring me I have nothing to worry about with my vehicle. That's why people buy Honda's to not worry about fixing unheard of issues such as this. I would've just continued to love my ride and moved on as a happy customer. I'm sure my car purchases would bring in more profit then a handful of services.

Her shaming me for not doing the service with their centers, by telling me that plays a role into their good-will decisions. C'mon now. It shouldn't even have to be considered good-will with the TSB in place. It's petty technicalities. She didn't even need to speak to me. She called to tell me the rules of engagement with Honda. Buying time and chiseling away my hopes of getting this fixed.

Now I'm in limbo supposedly waiting for a part with a dealer or a call back from a manager who may tell me to go fly a kite. ?

Habanero

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 LX. 2012 G25
Country flag
The cost to fix this issue is spit in the bucket for them, compared to the average civic owner. I don't owe them my service business to make right on a issue they're fixing across the civic line, because I am a hatchback owner.

I'm in my 30's. I'm not a 70 year old on my last car purchase. I'd obviously continue to purchase vehicles. So that should play a bigger role. Simply covering me under the TSB. Reassuring me I have nothing to worry about with my vehicle. That's why people buy Honda's to not worry about fixing unheard of issues such as this. I would've just continued to love my ride and moved on as a happy customer. I'm sure my car purchases would bring in more profit then a handful of services.

Her shaming me for not doing the service with their centers, by telling me that plays a role into their good-will decisions. C'mon now. It shouldn't even have to be considered good-will with the TSB in place. It's petty technicalities. She didn't even need to speak to me. She called to tell me the rules of engagement with Honda. Buying time and chiseling away my hopes of getting this fixed.

Now I'm in limbo supposedly waiting for a part with a dealer or a call back from a manager who may tell me to go fly a kite. ?
Nice to know that old people don’t deserve the same consideration as youngsters like yourself. Ageism at its finest - explained away and justified (gramps is too old and broke for a new car let’s screw him) lol. I'm really glad you dont work at my dealership.

Last edited:

Shirls

First Name
Shirlee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
So - I went to my nearest dealership and they told me they examined the whole system and found no leaks and that it was just out of freon. No charge since it's covered by the warranty. This was 2 weeks ago.

Guess what, my AC went out AGAIN! So, I took it to the dealership and I called the guy and he said oh turns out we have to change the compressor (which is still covered under warranty). BUT, "a rock hit your condenser, and that's not covered by warranty" so that's gonna be $800. Do they think I'm stupid? What do you guys think it's happening here? Did they lie before when they said "they examined everything and found no problems with the system"? OR, they're lying now and just want to find an excuse to charge me for something?

Shirls

First Name
Shirlee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
Just want to revive this post.
Just today when the weather starting to warm up, I decided to turn on my AC. Only hot air is coming out.
Found out there is no pressure in my AC line. My compressor isnt kicking in.
(just found out our car uses R1234yf)

I have a 2017 hatch sport with 56k miles.

I know this is a big for alot of us 10thgen owners.
Did honda extend our warranty for this AC issue? With my current miles, am I covered under warranty?
How about a powerful AC Honda???

2019 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring, 40,000 miles and a year left in my lease… I used to sell Honda’s until Covid…. I sold myself my first brand new car! I complained not long after I got the car to my dealer whom I worked for that Ac didn’t seem cold. They informed me of the new Freon isn’t like the old days. Well ok hmmm…. Last month driving from Illinois to Florida I noticed my AC was blowing hot air… checked everything no cold air…. little later into driving 1200 mile trip I hear rattling in my dash… next thing I know, white stuff comes blowing out my vents… I pulled over off the interstate to figure out what was going on… IT WAS ICE CHIPS, like slushee ice coming out of my vents…. Stopped for the night, happened next day AGAIN… ugh now living in Florida… take it to the dealership…. they called and asked if I bought an extended warranty… umm no… I’m leasing…. why would I do that? Proceeds to tell me that it’s the compressor not the condenser therefore not covered under the extended 10 year warranty they just put out there. I said that’s not acceptable, now they called and said the regional manager said it would be 50/50 because i’m 4,000 miles over my warranty in a lease…. WOW… I sold these cars to people and own one… This is completely unacceptable Honda! I’ve sold you many many cars…

CT0760

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Touring, Blue
Country flag
Okay, I know Im bringing up am old thread but its still prevalent: WHY is the compressor not under recall?? I mean its a documented thing... why does this take so much time?

(Ive had my compressor replaced 2x and just had it serviced but it was just the o rings this time to get it good again)

frontlinegeek

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CRV Touring, 2017 Civic EX Sedan Honda Sensing
Country flag
Okay, I know Im bringing up am old thread but its still prevalent: WHY is the compressor not under recall?? I mean its a documented thing... why does this take so much time?

(Ive had my compressor replaced 2x and just had it serviced but it was just the o rings this time to get it good again)
Never had an issue with the compressor on my 2017 for the 4 years the poor girl was alive. I did have the condenser recall and got the siphon hose done as a TSB coverage.

Nickboss

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic ex-l
Country flag

there slow rolling . I just tried to get goodwill on the compressor since the condenser and Compressor were bad but I got beat by the dealer. They Called me gave me the diagnosis. I told them not to do anything I would call them right back. Got a case manager then called back to pick upthe car until they got back to me. When I called they already replaced the condenser…Honda called me two weeks later and wouldn’t give me any goodwill toward the compressor which was gonna be $1500 because my car is too old. 2k16 w 56k miles the condenser is 10 year unlimited so wth.

Fk7ismetal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Sport
Country flag
Still fighting the fight with me. I wish we knew exactly how many bad AC cases there are out there. Or we could create a poll where people with ac issues banded together to figure out the numbers. Think beyond civic forums. There’s gotta be so many that are figuring it out on their own outside of here.
Thanks for sharing your compressor stories

EarthDreams414

First Name
⛄️
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Hatchback Sport
Country flag
@Pearl.FC2,

this is the stuff Im taking about, sure theres good people out there but look at the fuckery this guy is going through. They are giving him a reach-around because they can
Sponsored