Simone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 1.5T 4D-Sedan Executive
Country flag
Hi all,

Possible new Civic owner here !

I’m thinking of buying my first Civic and I’m torn between the option available locally (I’m based in Europe, Prague).

I can choose between an used Executive 2017 (top of the line in Europe) with 40k km, vs a new 2020 version Elegance.

Both are 1.5 petrol, manual versions, with the used one being 4k euro cheaper (2020 CVT would be 1k more for a total of 5K more than the used one).

What do you think ?
Is the 2017 Executive model worth over the 2020 Elegance ?

Thanks
Simone
Sponsored

Last edited:

mar6o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 5D Elegance Navi MT 1.0
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You won't be missing any essentials in the Elegance, plus it's got that new car smell :)

However, if you must have keyless entry/start, adaptive dampers, premium audio or the sunroof, then spring for the Executive.

If it were my choice, I'd get the new car, since the price difference is not enough to justify getting an older one and I don't think I'd miss any of the Executive's extra items... I'm perfectly happy with my Elegance, plus the 2020 gets LED headlights as standard.

PS! If you have lots of traffic jams/city driving, try the CVT. It has automatic cruise control from 0km/h, but with the manual box it only activates at 30km/h.

johnnparry55

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Country flag
Hi all,

Possible new Civic owner here !

I’m thinking of buying my first Civic and I’m torn between the option available locally (I’m based in Europe, Prague).

I can choose between an used Executive 2017 (top of the line in Europe) with 40k km, vs a new 2020 version Elegance.

Both are 1.5 petrol, manual versions, with the used one being 4k euro cheaper (ikea customer service email 2020 CVT would be 1k more for a total of 5K more than the used one).

What do you think ?
Is the 2017 Executive model worth over the 2020 Elegance ?

Thanks
Simone
Its better to choose a new model with the necessary equipment, many shortcomings of previous versions are fixed there, which can be found in the specification for the car or from a dealer
Sponsored