Civic 2016 EX- Stereo Touch Screen won't turn on!!!!

Draken187

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 accord ex-l sedan, 2016 accord sport sedan, 2006 civic type r (in spain) and 2017 civic sedan ex-t w/manual transmission
Country flag
This just happened to us too....screen went blank, nothing we press would start or reset anything, turned the engine off and when we restarted the car, the radio screen started up like normal...what did the dealership say to you, thinking we should take our's in but it's working now...not sure what they can do?
Keep in mind all android devices have a hard reset that is done by holding the power button for a few seconds.. Heck up to 30 seconds in my opinion
Sponsored

istein321

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic
Started my car this morning and noticed the Touch screen display didn't turn on. Tried touching the screen and (Power) button, nothing. Restarted the car multiple time, nothing. I can't even change radio station on my wheel control.

Anyone had any success with this issue?
I had the same issue and took it to the dealership. Turned out the battery was not providing enough power. They switched it out and fixed issue.

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My EX-T with about 15K miles; first time tonight experienced the blank screen issue. Went to fill up, everything was normal until I started the car. I noticed the screen was completely blank. No indicators, no warning, nothing. Put the car in reverse - no backup camera. Signaled right - no lanewatch. Ugh. Pulled into a parking lot and shut off the car. Waited for about a minute. Restarted the car. Still nothing. Drove home and started doing some research on the forum and found this thread. Someone posted about pulling the fuse or disconnect the battery. So I went back to the car and just for grins I pushed the Start button but didn't start the car... And the screen comes back to life. Was stuck on the Honda logo for a bit then got a message about it needing to synch or calibrate with GPS. After a few minutes, the radio screen comes back on and it's all seemingly back to normal.

Just wanted to share my experience with this issue. Keeping my fingers crossed it doesn't come back!

motorcivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic-touring
Country flag
This happened to me as well. I think the problem is whenever we park in closed area , the chance of recurrences will be here...I hope there will be a fixed soon!

hunter44102

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Civic Hybrid, 2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
well 30K miles and just under 2 years of owning the car, its only happened twice. The second time it resolved on its own. So no biggie but if they provide an update I will definitely take it

OP
OP

samuelmei2012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 EX
well 30K miles and just under 2 years of owning the car, its only happened twice. The second time it resolved on its own. So no biggie but if they provide an update I will definitely take it
It been almost 2yrs since i posted about this issue. And I'm happy to say that the issue never returned after taking it to the dealership. They reset the fuse, checked the battery and updated the software on the infotainment as well.

Im currently still driving the same civic and happy owner

OP
OP

samuelmei2012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 EX
Yup, take it back and let them deal with it. Whenever there was something wrong with my civic. Without hesitation, back to the dealership the next day lol.
Wish you best of luck with the repair.

bFarish87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Country flag
Having this problem as well right now but can't mess with the battery for a while. Will report back.

timcole421

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T Sensing Sedan
They STILL haven't fixed the ridiculous software/firmware issues yet????? No regrets dumping the car off to carmax, taking my beating and moving on. This experience and HoA ruined my entire life (as a driver anway) of Honda loyalty from me. Too bad, I am really enjoying my new Toyota product I probably never would have bought had Honda had their shit together.

bFarish87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Country flag
UPDATE: The same day I turned my car on without starting it and it came back on. The issue hasn't reappeared yet (fingers crossed).

bFarish87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Country flag
New update, problem came back. Wtf man! Turning on car without starting it isn' fixing it this time.

UPDATE: Had to disconnect the battery to get it to come back on. Very troubling its happened twice in such a short time span.

Last edited:

PepsiJoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R
Country flag
Just ran into this issue today. The screen was still backlit, the radio was still working, and when I’d tap the screen I could still hear the buttons beeping, so everything was still functioning; just the screen wasn’t displaying anything. I could still navigate things by memory and by knowing about what to push and where on the screen, and actually the Apple CarPlay interface still worked, but basically everything else wouldn’t show up on the display.

After reading this thread I wanted to try the power reset first and the video linked below actually helped, because it showed me where on the screen the reset confirmation pop up would be. So, I’d suggest anyone who has the issue and can still hear beeping when touching the screen, but just don’t have anything visual, try this:

Watch the video linked below to see where you will need to tap to select “Yes” to reset the display.

Hold the power button a few seconds until you hear a beep; that will indicate the confirmation pop up is on the screen (even if you don’t see it). Then, tap the area on the screen where you see the “Yes” option in the video and you will hear a beep if you tapped the right spot.

At this point you’ll have to wait 30-60 seconds and the Honda logo will appear on the screen. The logo will sit there for about a minute or so at which point the screen should start to work again; at least it did for me.

Good luck!

Crisis169

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 sedan
Country flag
Happened to me this morning, the head unit was not working, but when I try to turn off and on the car again, this shows up.
And now it's working again.
?temp_hash=d11e071a2159f49e3a6a25d0bbc33815.jpg
I had that same message when I unplugged the fuse waited about 10 seconds and plugged it back in it gave me that weird message