Civic 2016 EX- Stereo Touch Screen won't turn on!!!!

FedCO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Honda Civic LX 2.0l 6spd
Country flag
Same thing just happened to my wife in our 2016 Honda Civic LX. What can I do? She's peeved as she has a long drive back. I thought Honda's were rock solid? Any help on this issue? Screen is dead no power. I guess I'm making an appointment at the dealer.
Sponsored

julianzh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-t, 2019 GTI Autobahn DSG
Country flag
Sorry if I'm digging up an old thread. I just had this problem and "fix" it by removing the fuse and put it back in.

FedCO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Honda Civic LX 2.0l 6spd
Country flag
Sorry if I'm digging up an old thread. I just had this problem and "fix" it by removing the fuse and put it back in.
Np, dealer did a update to software. Haven't seen the problem since.

SacGirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Honda CRV
This happened to my 2015 CRV too. The backup camera worked but radio wouldn't change stations or volume. Then screen went out when I restarted car. It worked again after driving to my destination and parking for a while.

vaporX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic - EX-T
Country flag
This happened to me today. Went to visit a friend, came back and started the car. Screen didn't turn on. Turned off the car and restarted 3-4 times but didn't work. No radio, non of the camera nor the touch screen controls. Had to leave so drove back home. Will go to dealer tomorrow.

jmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L
I had this exact concern recently at the dealer and they said they found something wrong with it and replaced it with no questions asked. Surprising as hell really. Usually they give me some reason why I am wrong.

slowride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM Type-R
Country flag
I had this exact concern recently at the dealer and they said they found something wrong with it and replaced it with no questions asked. Surprising as hell really. Usually they give me some reason why I am wrong.
They replaced the entire radio unit? If so, Honda is going to be doing a lot of that it sounds like.

vaporX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic - EX-T
Country flag
When I went to the dealer, the screen was already started flickering on normal brightness. I told them about the problem and they kept the car for couple of hours. Final result - Sir there is no problem we found out during our testing. Get back the car the same day when it happens again or take pictures.

timcole421

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T Sensing Sedan
Add me into the list of people that have had this problem, amongst a shitload of others with the infotainment. I carry a tool set in my trunk. At two different occasions I had to find a place to stop, disconnect the battery to make it come back on. Quite inconvenient since I was traveling for work and HAD to reboot the system to find out where the hell I was going. Stupid, stupid stupid.

civilgretch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic
Same thing just happened to my wife in our 2016 Honda Civic LX. What can I do? She's peeved as she has a long drive back. I thought Honda's were rock solid? Any help on this issue? Screen is dead no power. I guess I'm making an appointment at the dealer.

civilgretch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic
Hi
Just read about your compter screen not responding,this happened in my 2016 civic too, a few times! Called dealer & I had to bring it in so the system could get fixed via a reboot of the CD. The service guys said as of this time ( a month ago), Honda was not going to do a recall because only a few of the cars seem to have this issue.... I'd call the service department & ask about a re- install on the computer program. Have had no issues since then w the screen.

hunter44102

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Civic Hybrid, 2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
Just happened to me again like 8 months since the last time. Of course on New Years day so I cant take it to the dealer. Hopefully it doesn't go away so I can take it to them Monday

I know the battery reset will fix it but want them to see it first hand

mrc1984

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX
This just happened to us too....screen went blank, nothing we press would start or reset anything, turned the engine off and when we restarted the car, the radio screen started up like normal...what did the dealership say to you, thinking we should take our's in but it's working now...not sure what they can do?
Sponsored