random4t4x14

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
This guide will serve as instructions for flashing the latest firmware for the 2016 sedan, and will attempt to answer common questions.

UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHOULD YOU FLASH FIRMWARE 1.F197.00. THIS FIRMWARE WAS NOT MEANT FOR THE 2016 SEDAN AND WILL CAUSE ISSUES, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED! THE CORRECT VERSION FOR YOUR CAR IS 1.F197.60!

1) My civic is on old firmware, how do I upgrade?
The upgrade is straight forward, simply copy the MDT file to the root of a flash drive (located in the 1110 folder of the zip file) (recommended 1-4GB flash drive). Be sure the drive is formatted to FAT32.

2) Before beginning the upgrade procedure, be sure to do a complete factory reset, including uninstalling Honda Hack and side loaded apps. Also make sure you have 1.2GB free on the head unit's internal storage.

3) After upgrading, be sure that you re-enable the security system, by pressing the Audio button for 2 seconds, you should hear 2 beeps after enabling.

4) After upgrading, initialization can take 10-45 minutes depending on previous firmware version. Be patient, and be sure you leave the car running during this process.

5) Honda Hack will install on the new firmware and works as expected, as does Android Auto and Car Play.

The firmware file can be found here -> https://mega.nz/#!sLxCkYgS!HGBPrJlKJ3ljHMgY9_xuKFeNEG7P1TMXCLRrXRpFOOs
Sponsored

Last edited:

lightthief

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Civic Touring
Country flag
This guide will serve as instructions for flashing the latest firmware for the 2016 sedan, and will attempt to answer common questions.

UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHOULD YOU FLASH FIRMWARE 1.F197.00. THIS FIRMWARE WAS NOT MEANT FOR THE 2016 SEDAN AND WILL CAUSE ISSUES, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED! THE CORRECT VERSION FOR YOUR CAR IS 1.F197.60!

The upgrade is straight forward, simply copy the MDT file to the root of a flash drive (located in the 1110 folder of the zip file) (recommended 1-4GB flash drive). Be sure the drive is formatted to FAT32.

2) Before beginning the upgrade procedure, be sure to do a complete factory reset, including uninstalling Honda Hack and side loaded apps. Also make sure you have 1.2GB free on the head unit's internal storage.

3) After upgrading, be sure that you re-enable the security system, by pressing the Audio button for 2 seconds, you should hear 2 beeps after enabling.

4) After upgrading, initialization can take 10-45 minutes depending on previous firmware version. Be patient, and be sure you leave the car running during this process.

5) Honda Hack will install on the new firmware and works as expected, as does Android Auto and Car Play.

The firmware file can be found here -> https://mega.nz/#!sLxCkYgS!HGBPrJlKJ3ljHMgY9_xuKFeNEG7P1TMXCLRrXRpFOOs
did you ever see an example of someone who upgraded their 2016 civic from 1.F197.00 to1.F197.60 successfully?

Don’t need a lecture on why people do dumb things. Just looking for proof this can fix that mistake.

ecr80

First Name
Edgar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic EX 2016
Country flag
Upgraded my Civic 2016 EX Sedan, it's working great!

Mikeybc

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe EX-T, 2015 Nissan Murano
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So what actual changes did the new firmware provide ? Different options ? Visual tweaks or control configuration ?

lightthief

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Civic Touring
Country flag
So what actual changes did the new firmware provide ? Different options ? Visual tweaks or control configuration ?
It’s all bug fixes. No new features or options or anything like that. If you’re not having problems there is no need to update.

ecr80

First Name
Edgar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic EX 2016
Country flag
It’s all bug fixes. No new features or options or anything like that. If you’re not having problems there is no need to update.
exactly bug fixes. I had problems with Carplay and black screen. Those where fixed with this update.

elykoj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic
Country flag
is this firmware upgrade available from the dealership? what are some of the bugs that this fixes? ikeep having issues with screens changing and beeping, Honda has done software flashes in the past but it always comes back

lightthief

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Civic Touring
Country flag
is this firmware upgrade available from the dealership? what are some of the bugs that this fixes? ikeep having issues with screens changing and beeping, Honda has done software flashes in the past but it always comes back
Turn your touch sensitivity back to low. That will help with the ghost taps.

lightthief

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Civic Touring
Country flag
First thing I tried years ago. No help
Welp. Exorcist.

If you look a few posts back you can see how to do the firmware update yourself.
TheTSB lists some of the bugs fixed.
The most important thing if you’re going to do it yourself though is to not use a firmware not explicitly laid out for your car. “Close” isn’t good enough. It will break things. I can speak to that personally.

You go also go to the dealer. Some might stare at you blankly. Others will know what to do and charge you $80-$100

lightthief

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Civic Touring
Country flag
so firmware version 1.F197.60 is the most current? thats what i have on my car already
so firmware version 1.F197.60 is the most current? thats what i have on my car already
Seems to be.
Honda closed off public access to their TSBs a while ago. A few people here work at dealerships and still check and no one has said anything new. Given that Honda has moved to a new platform for infotainment probably won’t see anymore updates.
Sponsored