Civic 2.0 ktuner vs stock 1.5

Lxxyciviccy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic LX
Country flag
I have a 2.0 civic that is ktuned. I’m just curious if anyone has a similar 2.0 with only the tune and if anyone has raced a stock 1.5 EX. I’m thinking it would be pretty close because the gains from the ktuner are impressive.

Also I’m pretty close to buying the new RV6 catted downpipe. So I was just curious if there is anyone who had put on the ktuner and then later added the RV6 downpipe and if they can feel a pretty significant boost in power. On paper what would the horsepower be after ktuner and then after ktuner and RV6 downpipe?
Sponsored

chuenoona

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic LX, 2001 Acura CL Type-S
Country flag
Yes big boost ....

170whp .... ktuner tuned by RS motors
K&N air filter
RV6 downpipe
Stock exhaust

stock dyno was 142whp

jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
Country flag
It wouldn't be far off, but the main difference is torque. The Turbo motor still produces a decent amount more torque than a tuned 2.0, and that torque is also produced at a lower RPM. Pretty sure the turbo would still win but it would be cool to see them pitted against each other to see what happens.

mvela

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic sedan lx 6mt and 2018 Honda Civic hatchback ex auto
Country flag
Also depends if you have a manual or auto transmission. Because the manual is a little faster

Maroco

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Honda civic lx 2020 civic si
Country flag
The 1.5t gets max torque at 2100rpm. The 2.0 is something like 5200rpm. Off the line the turbo engine should still be much quicker

RIC3HUNT3R

First Name
Andrei
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Lx"FK7" (Canadian spec)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have a 2.0 civic that is ktuned. I’m just curious if anyone has a similar 2.0 with only the tune and if anyone has raced a stock 1.5 EX. I’m thinking it would be pretty close because the gains from the ktuner are impressive.

Also I’m pretty close to buying the new RV6 catted downpipe. So I was just curious if there is anyone who had put on the ktuner and then later added the RV6 downpipe and if they can feel a pretty significant boost in power. On paper what would the horsepower be after ktuner and then after ktuner and RV6 downpipe?
I have a Stock Civic 1.5T CVT hatch that's straight piped.this was before I was straight piped, I have raced a ktuned 2.0L civic coupe 6Spd. Long story short it was a highway run from speeds between 90kph-180ish kph and in reality the 1.5t still won thanks the the tq advantage and the "mid range power" between 2500-4400 RPM, but the little red coupe was keeping up. We both took the same highway off ramp and waved each other good bye.

P.s: I know he was ktuned because he had a ktuner lisence plate.

mvela

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic sedan lx 6mt and 2018 Honda Civic hatchback ex auto
Country flag
Well like I said earlier, if you are talking about a light to light drag race, if the ktuned 2.0 is a manual going against a auto cvt 1.5t then it’s neck and neck. I only say this because I own both. My girlfriend drives the 1.5t cvt which is stock. I drive the ktuned 2.0 manual. The only other thing I got is a Flowmaster exhaust. Because of my manual I can launch way better then she can but she catches up fast. Then we just kinda sit next to each other till we have to slow down at the next light. I think if she had a manual transmission it would be more fair. But at the same time I think the cvt and turbo make a great combination in a rolling start. She gets me when we try that. The cvt keeps that motor in its powerband which is awesome for a turbo. So I’m really not comparing apples to apples. I think a fair fight would be both manuals or both autos.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It's KTUNER not K tuned people. Ktuned is a totally different company. So dont say "I ktuned my civic" you say "I Ktuner'd my civic"

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I wasnt even going to give you a response then I saw your ignorant comment above about turbo lag and well yeah, you say a lot, but really dont know much. enjoy your day

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
From the provided dyno... the C2 with a tune, DP + drop in makes roughly the same HP as a RSX type-S/stock 8th gen Si/stock 9th gen Si (165-170 whp)... and all of those cars roughly matched a stock 10th gen in a straight line... so it should compare favorably and be a drivers race against a stock 10th gen Si.

Once the Si picks up around 50 whp and 75 ft-lbs from a hot reflash… it wouldn't be competitive anymore... but still-stock it ought to be close. As to the 1.5t choking after 5800... I'd agree they make less horsepower at a certain point, especially when tuned... but they would still continue to make more power than a tuned K20C2. Stock Sis still are in the 180 whp realm over 6000... tuned are still well north of 200 whp above 6000 RPM. I owned the old C2 equivalent (A3) and it was a good punchy motor... and making it make near A2/Z3/Z7 power levels is impressive. I owned both a A2 and A3 powered car and could drive them back to back and the A3 felt strong in the midrange... but it was mostly because the stock tune on the A2 make the VTEC crossover so high that you had power go flat. Reflashed lowered the crossover and make the power much smoother, though it eliminated the dramatic crossover. I don't think the L15B7s small amount of lag would be any more of a liability than the K20C2s absence of torque at lower RPMs. It isn't going to make any more good power "under 1000 RPMs" than a L15B7. I can idle in 1st at 3 MPH or in 2nd at 6 MPH at 600-700 RPMs. I don't know what more there is to speak about for torque production under 1000 RPMs. I don't intentionally let the engine push the car under 1500 RPMs other than crawling at an idle in traffic at the aforementioned speeds.

It still is a good motor though and is like getting the Si engine from a 7th gen as the base engine today. Being able to match the power levels of the old performance variants of the NA K-series that followed gen 7 is a big win.

Maroco

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Honda civic lx 2020 civic si
Country flag
A 10th gen 1.5t non si beats a 9th gen si all day in a straight line. Videos all over youtube proving it.

I love the 2.0 but i dont see it having a chance

Sponsored