Civic 1.5T DIY Trans Cooler?

fkseven

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK7
Country flag
Ok guys I’m trying to rig up a cvt cooler for my hatch and I’m running into a small problem.

PRL Uses a plate to replace the CVT warmer plate but they have since discontinued the kit which had the plate I need.

They do not offer a diy kit with the plate, if they did I’d pay in gold for this piece it’s that important.

Or......

I was thinking it would be possible to just connect hoses to the warmer plate in and out using rubber trans lines not the 6an or 10an stainless steel braided lines prl used with their plate.

If I used the rubber lines held on by clamps I am worried they may leak or blow off and leak fluid all over.

So what is everyone’s thoughts should I make my car a test dummy and try to mock up a diy cvt cooler for you cvt people or should I try to track down one of the @PRL Motorsports cvt cooler plate pieces to use.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Sponsored

CAPTS

First Name
TY
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
10th Gen CivicX CVT->MT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Ok guys I’m trying to rig up a cvt cooler for my hatch and I’m running into a small problem.

PRL Uses a plate to replace the CVT warmer plate but they have since discontinued the kit which had the plate I need.

They do not offer a diy kit with the plate, if they did I’d pay in gold for this piece it’s that important.

Or......

I was thinking it would be possible to just connect hoses to the warmer plate in and out using rubber trans lines not the 6an or 10an stainless steel braided lines prl used with their plate.

If I used the rubber lines held on by clamps I am worried they may leak or blow off and leak fluid all over.

So what is everyone’s thoughts should I make my car a test dummy and try to mock up a diy cvt cooler for you cvt people or should I try to track down one of the @PRL Motorsports cvt cooler plate pieces to use.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

try @Two Step Performance i think they may have it, if not then we'll see if i can help you to sort it out.

I think this could be what you are looking for ?

OP
OP
fkseven

fkseven

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK7
Country flag
try @Two Step Performance i think they may have it, if not then we'll see if i can help you to sort it out.

I think this could be what you are looking for ?
That’s it. YOU are the man! Thank you now I can full send this car.
I’ll post updates as I move closer to putting the cooler on it and log some temps for you guys with the cvt’s.

OP
OP
fkseven

fkseven

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK7
Country flag
Update : I couldn’t find this on two step performance website so I will try to contact PRL Motorsports and see if they can make me the cvtf warmer delete plate, I hope theres a good chance they will help, they are a really good company.

I’ll post more updates as I check stuff out.

magshell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback ST
Country flag
Update : I couldn’t find this on two step performance website so I will try to contact PRL Motorsports and see if they can make me the cvtf warmer delete plate, I hope theres a good chance they will help, they are a really good company.

I’ll post more updates as I check stuff out.
I might get one too if they do.

xjoshuax89

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 CR-V SE, '16 Civic EX, '17 Civic HB ST
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
ETL makes a kit and there's a company starting to make kits for the 1.5t accord cvts which i can't see being too different from the civic cvt.

bdsport

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Hatch CVT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have a PRL cvt cooler for sale, pm if youre interested!

OP
OP
fkseven

fkseven

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK7
Country flag
Ok so here’s a update...

Since it snows a lot I will be keeping the cvtf warmer in and try to rig up a system where the warmer is used in conjunction with the cooler. I do not know where the lines go out of the cvtf warmer so does anyone know?

I’m probably only ever gonna rock the stock tune so cooler may not be needed I still have to log temps on track to see if I need it or not.

If my cvt transmission fails, this thread will turn into 6 speed manual swap thread lol.

OP
OP
fkseven

fkseven

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK7
Country flag
ETL makes a kit and there's a company starting to make kits for the 1.5t accord cvts which i can't see being too different from the civic cvt.
What is the name of the company making the kit?

Two Step Performance

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twostepperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Si, 19 Accord 2.0T, 23 Type R
Country flag