CIVIC 1.5T ARE ONE OF THE BEST HONDAS EVER MADE! I LOVE MY CIVIC! ft; faster than a 2020 BMW X7 M50I

Status
Not open for further replies.

xjoshuax89

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 CR-V SE, '16 Civic EX, '17 Civic HB ST
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
CVT making 254/278?

I'm FBO + W1 turbo on eblend that recently got re-tuned. I'm making 302/267.

Previously I was 292/257 (with a few less mods) and with those power levels I put down a 13.3. 18 inch wheels on all season tires.

Myx has done a 13.4 but with his 15 inch wheel setup + fbo also on a custom tune.

I could probably shave maybe a few tenths off with smaller wheels and better tires but low 13s on OTS tune on stock turbo aint possible for a CVT.
Sponsored

OP
OP
RIC3HUNT3R

RIC3HUNT3R

First Name
Andrei
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Lx"FK7" (Canadian spec)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ric, a couple things. If that was indeed a M50i and he was trying, he would have wiped your ass from a roll. Car and Driver got a 3.9 second 0-60 run and a quarter mile in 12.4 seconds at 112 mph.

Was it possible he actually had the more tame base model?

And I'm not sure where you are getting those power output numbers on your car. TSP dyno'ed their non-Si tune at 219whp/250tq...

You aren't bumping it to 254whp and 278tq from a K&N SRI, exhaust and intercooler.

Look man, I'm about the biggest proponent of tuning there is. My TSP tuned car runs great and on a perfectly cool day with a little breeze behind me, I might see a 5.5 sec. 0-60. I'm not beating a 525hp beast.
I respect you for all your quality posts gtman, but thinking some 5,800 lbs brick running a 4.4L TT V8 with a highly restricted exhaust thanks to EU's law on Particulate filters would win against tuned civic hatch that weighs 3000lbs less is jokes. He was bombing the back roads and I joined in. In lower speeds below 50MPH-80KMH he would edge out abit, but I got him no problem in the corners and when he decided to challenge me on a 80 roll I gave a thumbs up through my 35% tinted windows. We lined up, and on his honk I got a small hit/ advantage using the double throttle technique where it practically goes to 5000+ RPM immediately almost. He was right behind me keeping up and after a certain speed I will bot mentioned aerodynamic would of played a roll, resulting a minor win. I never said that I sent him to grapple bees but, I did win by 3/4 of a car length or so.

As Dom Torreto/ Vin diesel would say: Ask any racer, any real racer. It doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile, winning's winning.

Also holy fck never new so much ppl would question a lil civic beating a hulk of a BMW called the X7 M50I like fck its not a tesla model X 100D where are talking about.

This is a David vs Goliath race so to say, and everyone is cheering for Goliath this time???

OP
OP
RIC3HUNT3R

RIC3HUNT3R

First Name
Andrei
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
CVT making 254/278?

I'm FBO + W1 turbo on eblend that recently got re-tuned. I'm making 302/267.

Previously I was 292/257 (with a few less mods) and with those power levels I put down a 13.3. 18 inch wheels on all season tires.

Myx has done a 13.4 but with his 15 inch wheel setup + fbo also on a custom tune.

I could probably shave maybe a few tenths off with smaller wheels and better tires but low 13s on OTS tune on stock turbo aint possible for a CVT.
Are you running Ktuner or Hondata, also is that a custom tune ur talking about? I have a friend running a 2018 SI HFP coupe with FBO 27Won turbo and E85 flex fuel kit tune and he his running 320ish WHP and damn near 400 WTQ, looks like your custom tuner went the safe route to save your rods from exiting the block... Also don't hate on CVT's with proper care and a quality CVT oil cooler they can be quite fun and give "Infinite boost bro!!????" as I say. The dyno was a 2 wheel dyno so the lack of rolling resistance would give a higher number output but, then again ive gapped a fiesta ST pushing 220WHP/ 250WTQ.

Guess I'll have to hit the drag strip next year...?

REBELXSi

SeƱor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
Some people just aren't trying as hard as you.

jakdotdot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SI
Country flag
That boat traps 110 or so. Your car might trap low 100's. That is a very significant difference in speed and power.

Honestly, I missed the fact your car isn't an SI. As said, your nowhere near a legit 250 WHP. I am not saying your car didn't dyno that on that particular dyno. I am saying that dyno has been calibrated to read very optimistically.

Either way, take it to the strip and post the results. It will let us know how much power you are actually making.

OP
OP
RIC3HUNT3R

RIC3HUNT3R

First Name
Andrei
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That boat traps 110 or so. Your car might trap low 100's. That is a very significant difference in speed and power.

Honestly, I missed the fact your car isn't an SI. As said, your nowhere near a legit 250 WHP. I am not saying your car didn't dyno that on that particular dyno. I am saying that dyno has been calibrated to read very optimistically.

Either way, take it to the strip and post the results. It will let us know how much power you are actually making.
Sure no problem, ill take it to the strip summer 2021. I'm holding off on mods until I see the mk8 Golf R unveiling, or next gen STI. If they impress me ill revert my car to stock and trade in, if not ill go FBO and possible trans swap for a sequential or the 10Spd if thats possible. But fcking A at least ots faster than some riced out baby blue corrola hatchback ???.

xjoshuax89

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 CR-V SE, '16 Civic EX, '17 Civic HB ST
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Smh... Yeah I'm done here... @gtman good luck with this one. I certainly don't have the same patience as you lol...

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
One other thing to throw out here. You don't know if that BMW driver was in Sport or Sport+ mode or whatever BMW calls it. My understanding is that max boost is only available in that mode.

OP
OP
RIC3HUNT3R

RIC3HUNT3R

First Name
Andrei
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
One other thing to throw out here. You don't know if that BMW driver was in Sport or Sport+ mode or whatever BMW calls it. My understanding is that max boost is only available in that mode.
Thats true idk what they are rated for bost wise. I'm running 24-25LBS of boost @100% throttle according to my tunerview.

I'll just go after 8th gen Si's and e90/e92 325/328i where its a walk in the park.

I just wanted to see if I would have a lose under my belt for a change, he might on had a win if he went Sport+ with tiptronic locked in 3rd/4th gear.

Also I just watched a couple videos about those bmw X7 and they sound menacing. But I do not recall the X7 M50I I raced sounding nearly like the video, it was abit more tamed. He must of been in either eco/comfort or smart mode....

Amazon

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Cobalt SS
Country flag
They run 13.3 quarter mile, personally I've never been to a drag strip yet but I feels like my civic would run low-mid 13's aswell. Hence I only beat him by 3/4 cars length.

Source;
Well, this story is a load of BS :hmm: The 2020 X7 M50i runs mid 12's at 112 mph, no way in hell you even kept up with him. You'd need around 315-320whp just to hang with him, so, like 100 more hp than you're making right now lol

If you beat a X7, you mighty be able to hang with my car for a second or two, let me know when you want to run :lol:

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
I respect you for all your quality posts gtman, but thinking some 5,800 lbs brick running a 4.4L TT V8 with a highly restricted exhaust thanks to EU's law on Particulate filters would win against tuned civic hatch that weighs 3000lbs less is jokes. He was bombing the back roads and I joined in. In lower speeds below 50MPH-80KMH he would edge out abit, but I got him no problem in the corners and when he decided to challenge me on a 80 roll I gave a thumbs up through my 35% tinted windows. We lined up, and on his honk I got a small hit/ advantage using the double throttle technique where it practically goes to 5000+ RPM immediately almost. He was right behind me keeping up and after a certain speed I will bot mentioned aerodynamic would of played a roll, resulting a minor win. I never said that I sent him to grapple bees but, I did win by 3/4 of a car length or so.

As Dom Torreto/ Vin diesel would say: Ask any racer, any real racer. It doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile, winning's winning.

Also holy fck never new so much ppl would question a lil civic beating a hulk of a BMW called the X7 M50I like fck its not a tesla model X 100D where are talking about.

This is a David vs Goliath race so to say, and everyone is cheering for Goliath this time???
Iā€™m glad for you personally I donā€™t like BMWs or any germanish automakers with the exception of 1980s and down the only decent BMW were the 2002 any Mercedes that had a diesel and the VW bug (type one) even still if this vehicle did 12 s in the 1/4 that doesnā€™t mean itā€™ll do 12s constantly give in consideration temp,sea level,road conditions driver most of this magazine that do test on these cars Get the best times which that doesnā€™t mean right of the the box theyā€™ll spent all day on the track even tweaking the car to get the best time they do this with every car in my opinion car and driver take under the table deal with BMW and Mercedes just look how many BMW and Mercedes ads are in their magazine
P/s I know Iā€™m going to get feed back on this

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Iā€™m glad for you personally I donā€™t like BMWs or any germanish automakers with the exception of 1980s and down the only decent BMW were the 2002 any Mercedes that had a diesel and the VW bug (type one) even still if this vehicle did 12 s in the 1/4 that doesnā€™t mean itā€™ll do 12s constantly give in consideration temp,sea level,road conditions driver most of this magazine that do test on these cars Get the best times which that doesnā€™t mean right of the the box theyā€™ll spent all day on the track even tweaking the car to get the best time they do this with every car in my opinion car and driver take under the table deal with BMW and Mercedes just look how many BMW and Mercedes ads are in their magazine
P/s I know Iā€™m going to get feed back on this
Stan, here's the thing. Both cars were driving in the same environmental conditions. Both are automatic so no skill advantage there either. Even with the boat-like weight, the BMW is still a monster when all 553 neck snapping lb-ft of torque are unleashed. The Civic's weight advantage would mostly be from a stop not at speed like this race was done.

My guess was the BMW driver was not in the Sport+ setting that gives best throttle and full boost. Even the OP kind of agreed that was probably the case.

I'm not taking anything away from the OP's tuned Civic. I run the same tune he does. It's great and makes our car feel like we have a small V6 under the hood. The thing that amazes with a tuned 1.5T is that we can give much more expensive and supposedly sportier cars a good battle. And still get crazy good economy car mpgs. That's a win-win. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK7 6MT, 2018 FK7 CVT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
CIVIC 1.5T ARE ONE OF THE BEST HONDAS EVER MADE!
I have to agree with you on that. My Hatch sport will get up and go! Just yesterday I was driving aggressively (in one of those moods) passing people on 2-lane roads and I look down and see I'm already doing over 80. :drive: I research a lot of cars, always looking for the next best thing, but honestly I know if I ever sold my civic, I would have instant seller's remorse. She's a keeper.

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
Stan, here's the thing. Both cars were driving in the same environmental conditions. Both are automatic so no skill advantage there either. Even with the boat-like weight, the BMW is still a monster when all 553 neck snapping lb-ft of torque are unleashed. The Civic's weight advantage would mostly be from a stop not at speed like this race was done.

My guess was the BMW driver was not in the Sport+ setting that gives best throttle and full boost. Even the OP kind of agreed that was probably the case.

I'm not taking anything away from the OP's tuned Civic. I run the same tune he does. It's great and makes our car feel like we have a small V6 under the hood. The thing that amazes with a tuned 1.5T is that we can give much more expensive and supposedly sportier cars a good battle. And still get crazy good economy car mpgs. That's a win-win. :thumbsup:
True some drivers Donā€™t know what they have believe me Iā€™ve come across traffic build up on I-75 and thereā€™s a z06 vette creeping along the left lane at 55 mph (speed limit is70mph) by a elderly driver which should be in the left lane not condoning speeding but at least do the speed limit in the left lane
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.