Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.procivic.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan, Others
Country flag
Is there an approximate torque value that should not be exceeded? I've seen some people say that you can go as high as 230 lb-ft on the cvt but that sounds quite high to me..
About 220 to 250 lb-ft (at the flywheel) is generally a safe limit...it really comes down to the tune. The Flex Fuel setup is capable of far more torque than that, so as Two Step mentioned, you need to limit torque, especially at low RPMs. The top end will be killer though!
Sponsored

Last edited:

Peedro

First Name
Pedro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Country flag
That's the great thing about the "Flex" part of this kit...you don't have to worry about how much E85 you fill up with. You could just run straight 91 octane for a couple weeks (or months) and everything would still be fine.
I saw you mentioned a loss of MPG, how drastic would that be? Also would the MPG still change if I was to just run the 91 octane only? I’m also interested in the promotion you have for the flex fuel kit :)

OP
OP
procivic

procivic

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.procivic.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan, Others
Country flag
I saw you mentioned a loss of MPG, how drastic would that be? Also would the MPG still change if I was to just run the 91 octane only? I’m also interested in the promotion you have for the flex fuel kit :)
MPG will not change if you just run 91 octane. Here is some more information about ethanol and fuel economy: https://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/ethanol.shtml. Keep in mind the benefits of ethanol in a race setting far outweigh the potential loss in fuel economy. Also, a custom tune for use, say, on a road race course will most likely produce optimal power and energy efficiency (fuel economy) at around E30 to E40.

Last edited:

Alberto1866

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback
Country flag
If you happen to know where there's a write up for this. Please and thank you xD I've been concidering vits or just going DIY
I bought this exact kit, and have used ktuner with it as well. It is very easy to convert. You just need a separate cable adapter if your laptop does not have a 9 pin connector thing. In the software you just change the number and you're done. The kit itself was super easy to install. Hardest part was trying to get the wires into the cabin.

I have a CVT with a 21psi Ktuner tune (also intake and exhaust, but i'm sure power gains there are negligible). Would the E85 conversion be too much for the CVT?
I have a CVT, running E85 plus 27Won's turbo. You'll be fine using the basemaps, I think it really depends on how much you abuse your car. I've had zero issues so far.

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic si coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm currently hitting a roadblock trying to install my Sirimoto flex kit. I'm at the part where I have to locate the E54 terminal on the ECU harness to cut and splice in the yellow wire that I'm assuming is for the gauge. Issues is that when I located where the E54 wire should be, the terminal is plugged up and there's no cable. I have a 2018 Honda Civic si coupe. Was there a revision to the harness I don't know about? I've tried looking this up online and can't find a single answer. Called Procar studio where I bought the kit from and the guy didnt know what I was talking about. Called Innovative Motoworks where the kit is sourced from and they said to contact Sirimoto...went to the Sirimoto website and there's no contact number, just refers me back to procar studio. Anyone have this issue or have an answer for me? Maybe a color picture showing which cable to cut and splice into? The provided instructions are also black and white which doesn't help when they're referencing colored cables that need to be cut...

Julioext

First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Ext 2018 sedan CVT
Country flag
I
If you have a 10th Gen Civic 1.5T and an E85 station nearby, you definitely need to consider this new Flex Fuel Kit by SiriMoto! E85 has become incredibly popular with race enthusiasts due to its awesome performance characteristics, cheap price, and availability. This kit will give you a huge performance edge for quarter mile times or on road race tracks.

Combined with a Hondata FlashPro, this simple to use SiriMoto Flex Fuel Kit will boost your Civic by 64+ hp and 64+ lb-ft of torque! No custom e-tune or dyno tune necessary. Simple to just install and get going! Free basemaps included for all models, including CVT transmissions (if you have a CVT transmission torque gains will be limited to ensure transmission reliability).

Forum discounts are available for this kit and a combo package with a FlashPro! PM me for details.

Product link for pricing and full details: https://www.procivic.com/p/m/civic/s...-fuel-kit.html

Please keep in mind, this product is not designed for public highway or street use, and is only legal for formally sanctioned race use on a racing vehicle that may never be used on a public highway or street.

sirimoto-e85-flex-fuel-kit_LRG.jpg

77561.jpg

Benefits
  • When combined with a Hondata FlashPro, this kit allows you to run E85, which is an ethanol based biofuel and gives huge power and torque gains. E85 also allows your turbo to spool earlier and faster, and causes your engine and turbo to operate considerably cooler and smoother.
  • Not only does this kit allow you to run E85, but it constantly monitors how much E85 is in your fuel, which allows your FlashPro to dynamically adjust your tune so you're always running at peak performance for the given amount of E85 you filled up with.
  • Gains of 64+ hp and 64+ lb-ft of torque! This means if you have a 10th Gen Civic Si, you will be at around 270 hp as measured at the flywheel. Power results will vary depending on how much E85 you fill up with and whether you use a Hondata provided basemap or a custom tune. The Hondata basemap will typically raise boost by about +6 PSI, but it does depend on the exact basemap you load. With other bolt on modifications, a custom tune, and a upgraded clutch, we have seen 10th Civic Si's easily put out over 300 hp! If you have a CVT transmission, torque gains will be limited to ensure transmission reliability.

Why this SiriMoto E85 Flex Fuel Kit?
  • Combined with the Hondata FlashPro (red race version), this is by far the best bang for your buck power adder out there.
  • No need to fill up with 100% E85 to get great power gains. E30 to E40 works very well. To make things easy, this kit includes an Innovate E85 digital gauge so you always know what percentage of ethanol you're running! For example, if the gauge reads 37.5, that means you have 37.5% ethanol (or E37.5) in your tank. 85% ethanol would be E85. The gauge also displays your fuel temperature as a colored ring around the main display.
  • This kit was thoroughly tested and designed with very reliable components.
  • Fairly easy to install and flex fuel sensor comes professionally pre-installed on the fuel lines. Comes with installation instructions too.
  • Covered by a 1 Year Limited Warranty.

Key Features
  • Includes everything you need for a complete installation.
  • Weatherproof terminals and connections.
  • Tefzel wiring, nylon sleeved for added protection.
  • High quality Deutsch connector.
  • Sensor assembly can very easily be rotated to accommodate other nearby modifications, like an oil catch can.

More Details / FAQ
Q: What is E85 and why does it easily give so much more power on this 10th Gen Civic turbo?
A: E85 is a biofuel composed of up to 85% ethanol. The remaining 15% of the fuel is traditional gasoline. Keep in mind the ethanol percentage can be lower during the winter months in some areas. The ethanol often is made from corn and is the same type of alcohol you would find in hard liquor, with the exception that fuel ethanol is denatured with additives to make it undesirable and harmful to drink.

The main reason E85 allows for some much more power than traditional gasoline is that it has a very high octane rating, usually from around 100 to 105 octane, compared to 91 to 93 octane from normal gasoline. This high octane rating allows E85 to resist engine knock. Engine knock occurs when areas of the air fuel mixture ignite before the should due to excessive heat for the fuel type used. This is bad because it can cause extra stress on the engine, and doesn't make optimal power either. From the factory, this 10th Gen Civic 1.5L turbo engine is "knock limited", which means it cannot achieve its maximum design power on normal gasoline due to engine knock occurring. E85 basically eliminates this constraint, allowing this 1.5L turbo engine to achieve the maximum power possible for any given boost level.

The only real drawback of E85 is that it will reduce your fuel economy because you need more of it per unit air. One nice side effect of that is that extra E85 fuel will help cool your combustion chamber and turbo, and thus help maintain maximum power and reliability.

Q: Why a Flex Fuel kit?
A: The "Flex Fuel" part of this kit refers to the ability to run any amount of ethanol you want, from 0% to 100%, so you never have to re-tune or worry about how much E85 you filled up with. In general, the more you fill up with, the more power you get. However, if you choose not to use a Hondata basemap and instead get an aggressive custom tune, you will find that the power gains do taper off after about 40% ethanol. In that case, E30 to E40 could potentially give you the best combination of power and fuel economy. With the Hondata basemap, power will continue to increase until about E80. In either case, just use the ethanol gauge we include to see what % ethanol you're running after any given fill up.

Q: Ok, so what do I need to buy?
A: Amazingly, all you need is this SiriMoto Flex Fuel Kit and a red (race) Hondata FlashPro, along with some E85. This flex fuel kit constantly monitors how much ethanol is in your fuel, displays it for your information on the digital gauge, and then tells the FlashPro. The Hondata FlashPro dynamically recalibrates your ECU to give the optimal power gains on any percentage of ethanol you happen to have in your tank.

Q: Is a custom tune necessary?
A: No, it is not. To get the advertised gains, all you need to do is install this kit, reflash your ECU with the appropriate E85 Hondata FlashPro basemap, and fill up with E85. If you have a CVT transmission, torque gains will be limited to ensure transmission reliability. If you have a manual transmission and want even more power, a custom tune (higher boost and more aggressive timing) combined with other bolt-on parts can easily push you past 300 hp. Keep in mind that the Hondata FlashPro basemaps are deliberately conservative, designed with maximum reliability in mind, so they will require about 80% ethanol before giving the most power. If you get an aggressive custom tune, you will find that you will not see much power gains going over 40% or so ethanol in your tank. However, as mentioned, a Hondata basemap will offer better reliability as it is conservative enough to account for sensor inaccuracy and uses more E85 for any given power level, so your engine and turbo will operate cooler.

Q: Where can I get E85?
A: The easiest way is to look for E85 stations using websites such as getbiofuel.com or e85prices.com. There are many stations available throughout the United States. Simply fill up your race fuel jug with desired amount and be on your way to better lap times!
Hello, i have a 2018 civic ext cvt and put 5 gallons of e85 on my car without the flex fuel tune or kit will there be any damage to my car?

ruddyrid@procivic

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FB6 (Sold)
Country flag
I

Hello, i have a 2018 civic ext cvt and put 5 gallons of e85 on my car without the flex fuel tune or kit will there be any damage to my car?
Hopefully not, but unless you are tuned for concentrations of Ethanol that are higher from what you normally get in pump gas it is certainly not recommended. I would consider draining the fuel tank if you didn't measure out what your Ethanol Content would be, before you run into issues.

1981CBX

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Touring Coupe (owned) 2018 Accord base model (leased) 1981 Honda CBX motorcycle
Country flag
My fuel economy has risen since installing the sirimoto E85 kit. It rose up to 40.1 initially, today we saw it rise to 40.8 on a long almost 500 mile drive. My range display rose to 500 miles at filling up and I’ll be monitoring range remaining against the map APP tomorrow for the next 430 mile leg. We picked out an E85 station along the route from east Louisville that is in Lexington, Virginia, I’ll note gallons added when the station pump kicks off the first time and calculate MPG manually to see if the numbers jive.
Sponsored