Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 civic hatch , 2018 civic sedan 1.5T
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So i was just going true some parts list and i noticed that the european 1.0T civic engine uses a clutch pressure plate with springs in them.Which means that the flywheel is a single mass flywheel.I already found out the clutch plate is the same size as the 1.5T (240mm)Does anybody know what size the type-r clutch plate is ?
Honda Civic 10th gen Civic 1.0T single Mass Flywheel ?! L-CONVERTER-10-L-Honda-Auto-CIVIC-2018-10-MID-6-versnellings-handgeschakelde-versnellingsbak-E18

Honda Civic 10th gen Civic 1.0T single Mass Flywheel ?! _lamell

Honda Civic 10th gen Civic 1.0T single Mass Flywheel ?! _lamell

Last edited:

Anger

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK7,RW2,RD1,RD5,RE5,RU1,FK1,FN2,EP3
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I dont know how big the Type-R clutch plate is but it does not fit the 1.0 or the 1.5 civic. Emann is selling retrofitted kits ready to install. Its interesting that the 1.0 uses single mass flywheel, but I doubt it that the 1.0 single mass flywheel and clutch fit the 1.5T. Even if they do, I dont think they can withstand the torque, especially on a tuned car. It would be awesome if it did though but the differences in torque are massive if the 1.5T is tuned.

OP
OP
Hondanickx

Hondanickx

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I dont know how big the Type-R clutch plate is but it does not fit the 1.0 or the 1.5 civic. Emann is selling retrofitted kits ready to install. Its interesting that the 1.0 uses single mass flywheel, but I doubt it that the 1.0 single mass flywheel and clutch fit the 1.5T. Even if they do, I dont think they can withstand the torque, especially on a tuned car. It would be awesome if it did though but the differences in torque are massive if the 1.5T is tuned.
Well as far as i have Found the clutch size is the same Between 1.0t and 1.5t (230mm) The type R is 240mm but i'm not sure about that.I was actually thinking of maybe using the flywheel ,but it needs to fit on the 1.5t engine and a type -r clutch.

Anger

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If you want to install the FK8 clutch on a 1.5T, this is the only option yet:

https://www.naperformanceftw.com/ctr-clutch-retro/10thgen-si-hatchback-clutch-and-flywheel-kit

Everyone who went with this solution, based on what I ve read here is quite happy. I ll go that direction as well when really needed. The cost is too high to have this as a luxury item. My stock clutch can hold stage 1 tuning just fine. Maybe it will have an issue after I go FBO but I doubt it. If you swap out the turbo for a W1 or a TD03 or a PRL big turbo kit, clutch change is mandatory.

Another decent it seems solution is ACT. No bad reviews here either.

OP
OP
Hondanickx

Hondanickx

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yes i know that's the best solution so far.
But it's not cheap at al and with the extra import tax to europe it's going to cost more then 2000euro.For a clutch and flywheel that's really expensive.Maybe if the flywheel would be available on it's own ,then we can buy the clutch set here and save some euro's.
I think someone can also do this in europe ,or find a other solution.

Anger

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yes i know that's the best solution so far.
But it's not cheap at al and with the extra import tax to europe it's going to cost more then 2000euro.For a clutch and flywheel that's really expensive.Maybe if the flywheel would be available on it's own ,then we can buy the clutch set here and save some euro's.
I think someone can also do this in europe ,or find a other solution.
I have already contacted Eman. It is possible to ship the flywheel only and source the type-R clutch locally, I thought of doing the same thing. It still is expensive, as the flywheel is the secret to the installation. I do not think anyone in Europe will bother with this. Its not easy at all. Maybe its better to go for the ACT. Do not worry about the clutch. Do your mods first and leave the clutch for last. Maybe you will not need one after all. Plus, if you do custom tuning, you should ask your tuner to limit the torque as much as possible especially to lower RPM. That will save the rods and the clutch as well.

The car should be tuned in a "N/A" style as much as possible, given that the stock turbo is small. Less power and torque at lower RPMs. It may seem to turbo lag, but I dont mind at all. I prefer to have more power on higher RPM bands

Zavage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EJ6, FC1, Accord CU1
Country flag
It is really weird that the 1.0 has a single mass fly wheel. A turbo charged 3 cylinder direct injection is the worst enemy to a single mass setup.
I thought at first, the picture must be wrong, but every honda parts website i know uses this figure so this might be somehow true.
I need to test drive a 1.0 civic.

OP
OP
Hondanickx

Hondanickx

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It is really weird that the 1.0 has a single mass fly wheel. A turbo charged 3 cylinder direct injection is the worst enemy to a single mass setup.
I thought at first, the picture must be wrong, but every honda parts website i know uses this figure so this might be somehow true.
I need to test drive a 1.0 civic.
A dual mass flywheel for a 1.0L engine would be too heavy.They would never get the flywheel light enough for the 1.0L engine.
The smaller the engine the lighter the flywheel.
If it's a light clutch and pressure plate then i can't see why it would be such a problem ?

I still like to find out if the 1.0T flywheel would fit onto a 1.5T engine along with a FK8 clutch.
The fk8 and 1.5T clutch plate are the same size 240mm.Not sure on the 1.0T clutch plate...

Hajidub

Honda driver, vintage stereo enthusiast
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic YES
Country flag
What’s the hp and mpg on the 1.0t?

Zavage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EJ6, FC1, Accord CU1
Country flag
Around 130hp and 200NM.
It has in contrast to the 1.5T a real VTEC on the intake camshaft.
This engine is NOT Honda engineered. What most people don't know: It was an engineering cooperation between Honda R&D and FEV. (https://www.diesel-international.com/newsmakers/fev-vienna-motor-symposium/)

"A dual mass flywheel for a 1.0L engine would be too heavy "
VW's and Ford's 1L 3 cylinder engines (not the same) are equipped with DMF. I drove both engines and both didn't feel tired or rev slowly.

Why am i worried about the SMF setup? 3 cylinders aren't smooth running engines due to their uneven cylinder number.
Direct Injection produces a lot of small high-frequent interferences. Even a smooth V12 is with DI less shallow.
Turbo charge adds a lot of abruptly stress (torsion) in lower RPM's
Combining these 3 things without a DMF is risky. Honda respectively FEV probably designed the clutch and gearbox in the way to handle all these things which are likely more expansive than the DMF.

thetracker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic FK6 1.0T
Country flag
The 1.0 engine from Honda is for sure one of the nicer revving 3 cylinders out there and it sound really good above 2800rpm. But at lower revs it sounds almost like a diesel and there are some vibrations coming through. It is less refined than the competition I tested. Curiously, on constant throttle the engine is totally silent, smooth like a 6.

But to the original question, I knew the 1.0 flywheel had offcenter weights which act like a balancer shaft for the 3 cylinder's end-to-end motion. It may not work on a 4 cylinder engine.

kytos

First Name
Marcos
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
CIVIC SPORT 1.5t 2017 EUDM
Country flag
I have already contacted Eman. It is possible to ship the flywheel only and source the type-R clutch locally, I thought of doing the same thing. It still is expensive, as the flywheel is the secret to the installation. I do not think anyone in Europe will bother with this. Its not easy at all. Maybe its better to go for the ACT. Do not worry about the clutch. Do your mods first and leave the clutch for last. Maybe you will not need one after all. Plus, if you do custom tuning, you should ask your tuner to limit the torque as much as possible especially to lower RPM. That will save the rods and the clutch as well.

The car should be tuned in a "N/A" style as much as possible, given that the stock turbo is small. Less power and torque at lower RPMs. It may seem to turbo lag, but I dont mind at all. I prefer to have more power on higher RPM bands
I'm waiting for an ACT to arrive (backorder right now), I think that will work with the KZCMC I already have.

David228cx

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Red Honda Civic Sport (EU)
Country flag
Well as far as i have Found the clutch size is the same Between 1.0t and 1.5t (230mm) The type R is 240mm but i'm not sure about that.I was actually thinking of maybe using the flywheel ,but it needs to fit on the 1.5t engine and a type -r clutch.
Where did you find this information?