Dragnet

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 2016 Accord Sport
Country flag
Wonder why no one wanted to at least want to be helpful?

I live in Cincinnati and in the market for a CTR. Went to a dealership 5 minutes from my house and my wife and I stood there staring at the CTR while 4 salesmen walked past us and didn't say one word. Finally one of them asked if we needed help and I asked if we could test drive it. He gave us an immediate NO. I asked if we could at least get inside it. Lol he went inside and unlocked it from inside the dealership and never came back out. We went back home and I saw that a dealership does have a used '18 available that you can test drive. We drove there and I asked to test drive it and at first he said no. I called him out on it and called BS and he went and got the keys.
Sponsored

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR#1348
Country flag
Anyone in Cincy want to meet up and take me for a test drive? Maybe let me drive it even if it's just around a parking lot? I'm 28 and a mech engineer.

I'm debating on ditching my 04 s2000 for a type r (or keeping s2k and dailying a 135i). I'll let you drive my s2k if you're curious/never driven one.

It'd be nice to get a real owners perspective not a bs honda salesman at a dealership that expects me to buy it before a test drive.

May be joining the CTR community soon :headbang:
if you ever come out to the San Francisco Bay Area anytime soon, and still have not sat in Type R yet, you let me know...I'm come grab you for a joy ride! but you'll have to pay for coffee or sandwich! :)

nickjohn35

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2017 PMM Typer R. Former: 2004 350Z
Country flag
Wonder why no one wanted to at least want to be helpful?
I was shocked! I figured with all the markups they tag on they would be fighting each other to help someone looking at a CTR!!:dunno:

jpanda

Panda King
First Name
JPanda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: Honda Civic Type R 18 & EX Hatchback 18 - Retired: 15 6MT-FIT, Infiniti G35 & G37 6MT.
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Let me know if you sell your s2000! I'd let you drive my CTR if you were local!

Z06_Pilot

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CBP CTR #15484 | Corvette Z06's | Toyota Tundra #2, | Mini Cooper Countryman Works edition | Can-Am Spyder | Ducati X-Diavel
Country flag

nickjohn35

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
And? you have to finish the story....how did the test drive in the used CTR go?
It was awesome! Very impressed! The wife loved it too! Never driven a car with a turbo, definitely a different animal! The salesman asked if he could get me a quote just to show his manager that we didn't just take it out for a joy ride so I agreed. We sat down and he said he would get me a sweet offer for it...... we waited... and waited.... and he finally come back... drum roll please............... $47,500 out the door for a used CTR!!! ......I kindly declined. So my quest continues!

RedGiant217

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Honda Accord
Country flag
It was awesome! Very impressed! The wife loved it too! Never driven a car with a turbo, definitely a different animal! The salesman asked if he could get me a quote just to show his manager that we didn't just take it out for a joy ride so I agreed. We sat down and he said he would get me a sweet offer for it...... we waited... and waited.... and he finally come back... drum roll please............... $47,500 out the door for a used CTR!!! ......I kindly declined. So my quest continues!
That's like $8500 over MSRP for a used one...crazy

Z06_Pilot

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CBP CTR #15484 | Corvette Z06's | Toyota Tundra #2, | Mini Cooper Countryman Works edition | Can-Am Spyder | Ducati X-Diavel
Country flag
OH come on, seriously! And just when I thought dealers here in the midwest had more integrity than those on both of the coasts. I mentioned this before on other threads, so sorry if it's a broken record, but I got my CTR for MSRP, and I turned on another forum member who drove up from Knoxville last week and got one from the same dealer, also at MSRP, here in Columbus. no haggling or BS. They told me straight up they have always charged MSRP, $35,595 currently, plus tax and not a penny more.

Both of us went to Hugh White Honda here in Columbus. Not sure what their upcoming allocation of CTR's is, but you could call them to find out.

Trust me, I have NO relationship to this dealer other than they are 10 minutes from my house and I cold-called them when I was looking for a CTR. I don't want nor receive anything from them for referencing folks their way. I am just totally PO'd with all this ADM BS and any time I can turn someone onto an MSRP CTR, I feel like it's a small victory against unscrupulous Honda dealers :)

nickjohn35

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
OH come on, seriously! And just when I thought dealers here in the midwest had more integrity than those on both of the coasts. I mentioned this before on other threads, so sorry if it's a broken record, but I got my CTR for MSRP, and I turned on another forum member who drove up from Knoxville last week and got one from the same dealer, also at MSRP, here in Columbus. no haggling or BS. They told me straight up they have always charged MSRP, $35,595 currently, plus tax and not a penny more.

Both of us went to Hugh White Honda here in Columbus. Not sure what their upcoming allocation of CTR's is, but you could call them to find out.

Trust me, I have NO relationship to this dealer other than they are 10 minutes from my house and I cold-called them when I was looking for a CTR. I don't want nor receive anything from them for referencing folks their way. I am just totally PO'd with all this ADM BS and any time I can turn someone onto an MSRP CTR, I feel like it's a small victory against unscrupulous Honda dealers :)

I've spoken to so many dealership and their asking price is insane! However, I do believe I have a deal lined up for MSRP. Currently waiting for them to call me back.....

Lol yesterday I spoke to a dealership about a used CTR and they said "Oh, that CTR is in the shop, it wouldn't go into reverse". I asked for shits and giggles what kind of deal they would offer with the transmission messed up..... $40,000 before taxes, fees etc!

punkwrock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type-R
Country flag
If you're a serious buyer, go to the dealership with a willingness to play the game. Tell them you have pre-approval from your financial institution to purchase a vehicle but you don't want to buy until you have the opportunity to determine whether it's something you like or not. You'll be surprised how well that works. In my case, I'm always pre-approved before I go to a dealership so there's no deception on my end...

Lastly, if you're truly not ready to buy at this time then don't waste their time.
That's exactly what i did. They had said no test drives...but once i was pre-approved i said FYI...i am really not buying the car before trying it..no exception. They caved immediately and were very accommodating. The dealership owner came out and told me to put er in R+ mode and hammer down.

Z06_Pilot

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
That's exactly what i did. They had said no test drives...but once i was pre-approved i said FYI...i am really not buying the car before trying it..no exception. They caved immediately and were very accommodating. The dealership owner came out and told me to put er in R+ mode and hammer down.
Yea, but you folks in Canada are friendly and reasonable :)

NinjamanCTR

Space Force Special Forces
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R, 2018 Ford Expedition Limited, 1998 Ford Contour aka the beater.
Bingo! Money is king. There's no way they will turn down a serious buyer.

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
s2000, mk2 TT RS
Country flag
I was able to meet up with RedGiant217 yesterday in Indy but unfortunately I only got to see how the R performs in stop n go traffic. Big thanks to him though. I still would like to meet up with anyone locally to see what the car can do even without me driving it.

Hard to say if I'll sell the s2000; if I did it would maybe be to buy a cheaper AP1

18CarEnthusiast18

First Name
N/A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Country flag
Yeah you're right. I've never really had a problem with test drives though. Probably helps rolling up in a $70k+ car though.
Which car (from your signature) you drive up in thats 70K? The 2018 Ford Expedition Limited or 1998 Ford Contour aka the beater? hahaha Sorry I couldn't resit asking. ;)

NinjamanCTR

Space Force Special Forces
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R, 2018 Ford Expedition Limited, 1998 Ford Contour aka the beater.
Which car (from your signature) you drive up in thats 70K? The 2018 Ford Expedition Limited or 1998 Ford Contour aka the beater? hahaha Sorry I couldn't resit asking. ;)
Well the Expedition is fully loaded. Bought it for $70k out the door. My C7 Corvette I bought for $62K out the door and then I dumped $25k in mods into it. I sold the Vette btw.

Honda Civic 10th gen Cincy Type R Test Drive galaxy vette
Sponsored