Cincy Type R Test Drive

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
s2000, mk2 TT RS
Country flag
Anyone in Cincy want to meet up and take me for a test drive? Maybe let me drive it even if it's just around a parking lot? I'm 28 and a mech engineer.

I'm debating on ditching my 04 s2000 for a type r (or keeping s2k and dailying a 135i). I'll let you drive my s2k if you're curious/never driven one.

It'd be nice to get a real owners perspective not a bs honda salesman at a dealership that expects me to buy it before a test drive.

May be joining the CTR community soon :headbang:
Sponsored

Maverick1

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Good luck with that.
I tried to get someone to give me just a test ride not even drive their car, and I got no takers.
Eventually I was able to find a used Type R at a used car dealership and got out for an extended test drive.
People asked me all the time to sit in my car, and sometimes for a ride in my Ariel Atom and I had no problem taking them out.
Many Type R owners are delusional, and act like they are driving something really special like a Porsche GT3RS or Ferrari, they really need to lighten up and remember they are driving a Honda Civic.
Your best bet is to find a used car in your area.

Last edited:

RedGiant217

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Honda Accord
Country flag
Good luck with that.
I tried to get someone to give me just a test ride not even drive their car, and I got no takers.
Eventually I was able to find a used Type R at a used car dealership and got out for an extended test drive.
People asked me all the time to sit in my car, and sometimes for a ride in my Ariel Atom and I had no problem taking them out.
Many Type R owners are delusional, and act like they are driving something really special like a Porsche GT3RS or Ferrari, they really need to lighten up and remember they are driving a Honda Civic.
Might have better luck in the midwest than in SoCal...

That said, I am from Indianapolis and I own a PMM 2018 Type R. If you get no takers in Cincinnati, and if you're willing to drive a couple hours, I'd be more than happy to show you the car, answer questions, and drive you around in it. I'd probably even let you drive it.

Dragnet

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 2016 Accord Sport
Country flag
If you find yourself in the northern part of Alabama for some weird reason then PM me. I'll let you drive it.

leehom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, back at it again
Country flag
Interesting. When I owned a ITR, couldn't count the number of people I let test drive it. What's nice is watching them smile and enjoy driving the ITR while I'm looking at them with horror and anxiety. Even taught over four people how to drive manual on her. Luckily enough they were competent and didn't grind the gears shifting.

erbee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Nissan Altima, 2004 BMW M3
Country flag
In SoCal you can probably test drive 10 of them . Up on the canyon roads you can ride/drive lots of cars I think .

shihabp79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Type R #2740
Country flag
Good luck with that.
Man, that sucks. Sorry you’re surrounded by d*cks in your area. I’ve let all my friends drive my car that know how to drive manual. I get as much joy out of them having fun in my car as I do when I’m driving. :)

Maverick1

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Man, that sucks. Sorry you’re surrounded by d*cks in your area. I’ve let all my friends drive my car that know how to drive manual. I get as much joy out of them having fun in my car as I do when I’m driving. :)
It's all good, as I was able to take a used one out on an extended test drive.
The amazing thing was that all I wanted was a ride, didn't even ask to drive it.
Must be a Socal thing.

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
s2000, mk2 TT RS
Country flag
I went to kings Honda a few weeks ago and they told me I had to buy it to drive it :doh:. But I at least got to sit in it while the salesman pretended to know more about the car than I did.

I saw a few guys on here from the area that's why I made the post. And offered the s2k as a swap in case they are s2kurious. I mean I can show insurance and that I have the cash to fix it in case something happens on a drive

NinjamanCTR

Space Force Special Forces
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R, 2018 Ford Expedition Limited, 1998 Ford Contour aka the beater.
If you're a serious buyer, go to the dealership with a willingness to play the game. Tell them you have pre-approval from your financial institution to purchase a vehicle but you don't want to buy until you have the opportunity to determine whether it's something you like or not. You'll be surprised how well that works. In my case, I'm always pre-approved before I go to a dealership so there's no deception on my end...

Lastly, if you're truly not ready to buy at this time then don't waste their time.

Muggsy

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R, 2020 Lexus UX250h, 2012 Toyota Sienna
Country flag
If you're a serious buyer, go to the dealership with a willingness to play the game. Tell them you have pre-approval from your financial institution to purchase a vehicle but you don't want to buy until you have the opportunity to determine whether it's something you like or not. You'll be surprised how well that works. In my case, I'm always pre-approved before I go to a dealership so there's no deception on my end...

Lastly, if you're truly not ready to buy at this time then don't waste their time.
How well this works depends on the dealer. I had credit union pre-approval and check in hand, but some dealers still wasted my time by telling me a price over the phone then jacking it up when I got there. Funny how they kept calling me after I walked out.

NinjamanCTR

Space Force Special Forces
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R, 2018 Ford Expedition Limited, 1998 Ford Contour aka the beater.
How well this works depends on the dealer. I had credit union pre-approval and check in hand, but some dealers still wasted my time by telling me a price over the phone then jacking it up when I got there. Funny how they kept calling me after I walked out.
Yeah you're right. I've never really had a problem with test drives though. Probably helps rolling up in a $70k+ car though.

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
s2000, mk2 TT RS
Country flag
I figured the freshly washed s2k would have shown I'm a honda fan and driving enthusiast to some degree, but alas. They also refused to believe that these things can be bought at msrp because I straight up told them I'd damn near buy it but I'm not paying over sticker period. Weirdly I ran into their assistant service manager later that night who said he could probably get me a test drive but I told him unless they come down in price I won't bother wasting his time. He was the only saving grace for my dealings with that dealership.

Might have better luck in the midwest than in SoCal...

That said, I am from Indianapolis and I own a PMM 2018 Type R. If you get no takers in Cincinnati, and if you're willing to drive a couple hours, I'd be more than happy to show you the car, answer questions, and drive you around in it. I'd probably even let you drive it.
Oddly timed I will be just south of Indy on Thursday for work. If you happen to be off work in the early afternoon let me know

nickjohn35

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2017 PMM Typer R. Former: 2004 350Z
Country flag
Anyone in Cincy want to meet up and take me for a test drive? Maybe let me drive it even if it's just around a parking lot? I'm 28 and a mech engineer.

I'm debating on ditching my 04 s2000 for a type r (or keeping s2k and dailying a 135i). I'll let you drive my s2k if you're curious/never driven one.

It'd be nice to get a real owners perspective not a bs honda salesman at a dealership that expects me to buy it before a test drive.

May be joining the CTR community soon :headbang:
I live in Cincinnati and in the market for a CTR. Went to a dealership 5 minutes from my house and my wife and I stood there staring at the CTR while 4 salesmen walked past us and didn't say one word. Finally one of them asked if we needed help and I asked if we could test drive it. He gave us an immediate NO. I asked if we could at least get inside it. Lol he went inside and unlocked it from inside the dealership and never came back out. We went back home and I saw that a dealership does have a used '18 available that you can test drive. We drove there and I asked to test drive it and at first he said no. I called him out on it and called BS and he went and got the keys.
Sponsored