Chrome window trim delete/wrap.....just do it, the car should have come this way

OP
OP
cammyfive

cammyfive

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-Road 6MT
Country flag
Did you end up doing the door pillars? Mine have faded and got a little scratched up after sun baking for 2 years.
No, the car goes in for full paint correction and ceramic coating of the paint and wheels in mid-August. The detailer will protect those areas then.
Sponsored

Rone811

First Name
Rone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
No, the car goes in for full paint correction and ceramic coating of the paint and wheels in mid-August. The detailer will protect those areas then.
Do you have a quote on that yet?
I was going to try to work in a deal with tint/chrome delete. This shop applied my XPel wraps.

OP
OP
cammyfive

cammyfive

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Do you have a quote on that yet?
I was going to try to work in a deal with tint/chrome delete. This shop applied my XPel wraps.
It's a friend of mine in St. Louis that does otherworldly work, typically on the high end cars of the area. He's cutting me a break but the retail he would quote would probably be around $2000 or $3000. That's wheels off decon, coating under IR lights, paint correction, polishing the glass, etc.

OP
OP
cammyfive

cammyfive

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
He did my Cadillac ATS coupe back in 2016.

Honda Civic 10th gen Chrome window trim delete/wrap.....just do it, the car should have come this way 83D75E3A-6630-47F9-BAF6-551BAA25E95E

Honda Civic 10th gen Chrome window trim delete/wrap.....just do it, the car should have come this way 6DCB9AA8-21FB-4572-BCAE-5EF2B7D5A837

Rone811

First Name
Rone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
It's a friend of mine in St. Louis that does otherworldly work, typically on the high end cars of the area. He's cutting me a break but the retail he would quote would probably be around $2000 or $3000. That's wheels off decon, coating under IR lights, paint correction, polishing the glass, etc.
Worth it! Your lucky.

bugboy32337

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe (MSM)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
For those who did it yourself.. where did you get the precut vinyl from?
This is who I ordered mine from (on ebay). It's the only ebay mod I have, and I haven't regretted it at all!!!

Also, watch the video (by Khrome Delete) on how to install. He makes it look REALLY easy. It's NOT as easy as he makes it look (he has tons of experience), but it only took me about 45 minutes to do my Coupe ... and it was my first time trying it.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2017-2019-Honda-Civic-Coupe-Chrome-Delete-Kit-/254429217731

Reactions: ATM

bugboy32337

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe (MSM)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Is a heat gun absolutely needed? Link to ebay chrome delete?

my Car wrap shop quoted me $250 as well to do the chrome delete.
Heat gun is not required, but I would HIGHLY recommend it.

ATM

First Name
ATM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
whats better black to match? the matte black or satin black?

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Civic Si Coupe Past: 2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2014 Prius, 2013 Civic LX 5spd
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
For those who did it yourself.. where did you get the precut vinyl from?
I used jet's vinyl, but DON"T use precut vinyl. I should've listened to my friend when he told me just get a roll of vinyl.

The precuts give you barely any wiggle room, my shit is also already peeling off. Getting a roll you'll have ample space and you can literally just smack that shit on and cut it out instead of trying to force the precut vinyl to cover all the chrome

RGUYS

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I paid $145.00 to get my chrome deleted I think this should have been done from the factory.
I got the front turn signals and rear reflectors smoked -tinted as wall
Sponsored