Chrome Door Handles

saladin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic
Has anyone purchased chrome door handles (like the ones for the Touring) for their civic? I'm considering adding them to mine. There are many that appear to be sold for the pre-2016 civics, and while some of them claim that they also have them for the 2016, I wonder what the quality is like...
Sponsored

thebayareacivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
I just bought them for my civic the other day for 16.50 usd. I will post on my garage after I install them.

Snoopyslr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2016 Ford F-150, 2003 Subaru Impreza WRX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm interested in these as well. They also make a chrome window trim kit that finishes the chrome around the lower side of the windows.

OP
OP
saladin

saladin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic
I just bought them for my civic the other day for 16.50 usd. I will post on my garage after I install them.
How's the quality given the price? Do you remember the website you bought it from?

ecarranza11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Ex-T
Country flag
Has anyone purchased chrome door handles (like the ones for the Touring) for their civic? I'm considering adding them to mine. There are many that appear to be sold for the pre-2016 civics, and while some of them claim that they also have them for the 2016, I wonder what the quality is like...
I bought them and sanded them and painted them black

Honda Civic 10th gen Chrome Door Handles IMG_1682.JPG

CivicChina

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5t 6MT Cosmic Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I installed the chrome handle covers a few months ago, so far no problems with the finish but it took some time to find the right position, otherwise the front edge would scratch the door every time you pull the handle, I had to trim a little bit the front passenger one because it was still touching even when i put it as far back as possible.

Snoopyslr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I installed the chrome handle covers a few months ago, so far no problems with the finish but it took some time to find the right position, otherwise the front edge would scratch the door every time you pull the handle, I had to trim a little bit the front passenger one because it was still touching even when i put it as far back as possible.
Did you use the supplied two sided tape on the covers or use your own adhesive? I've had bad luck with cheap China parts that have two sided tape on them already in the past...

CivicChina

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5t 6MT Cosmic Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Did you use the supplied two sided tape on the covers or use your own adhesive? I've had bad luck with cheap China parts that have two sided tape on them already in the past...
The original tape, they didn't move as all the other parts i have installed in the same way. It is important to clean and degrease the surface and heat the glue before you stick the covers, as explained in the instructions. Anyway these parts are very small, there should be no problem, different story with spoilers and other big stuff.

Snoopyslr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The original tape, they didn't move as all the other parts i have installed in the same way. It is important to clean and degrease the surface and heat the glue before you stick the covers, as explained in the instructions. Anyway these parts are very small, there should be no problem, different story with spoilers and other big stuff.
Ya, I had a vortex spoiler on my WRX rear window. Cleaned it all with denatured alcohol and bonded it down with weight for 24 hours. Driving down the highway and WOSH! There goes my vortex spoiler lol. All the adhesive was still stuck to the car. I'm guessing the part itself wasn't prepped properly when they applied the two sided tape.

I'll put them on. Worse case if they come off I'll have to mask off and redip my handles. Thanks
Sponsored