orio89

First Name
Ori
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic LX
Country flag
Looking into deleting the annoying looking chrome trim around windows, front and rear bumpers on black 2020 civic. I looked up some posts on here about chrome deletion and have only seen people talking about vinyl wrap. I want to do it myself bc the custom shop quoted me at $300 for vinyl wrap and $700 for paint- this is too much for something I think I can do myself. People who used vinyl: has it held up well? Any peeling or bubbling? I'm leaning towards paint bc i have a paint sprayer.
I want to paint it the same method as this first video, getting factory paint from the dealership, sanding, priming, finishing, many coats, etc. but instead of taking it off, I was going to wrap it up like the guy did in this second video (I'm not plasti-dipping). I just don't think I can safely remove the chrome pieces, even though that'd make it so much easier, I'm afraid of messing it up. Lastly, does anyone know if the chrome on the 2020 Civic LX is plastic or metal? I'm guessing plastic. Any advice would be appreciated- thanks!

Start at 1:30

Start at 4:30
Sponsored

Last edited:

shoegazer

assistant to the assistant manager
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Coupe 2.0 (CVT)
Country flag
Scroll down to the 'similar threads' below. There's a bunch of info re: all of the above.