First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
It’s the season for Christmas music
traditional ( instrumental or pipe organ)
every thing from TSO ( trans Siberia orchestra)
everything from Mannheim steamroller
Emerson lake & Palmer- farther Christmas
gary hoeys-Christmas albums
jethro tull- Christmas album
rob halford -deck the halls
steve Morse - joy to the world.
I’m sure there’s more but this is off the top of my head right now
what’s your favorite?
Sponsored

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Not to be a downer, but, this is a tough time of year for me. My wife's favorite holiday was Christmas and Christmas eve was her favorite day of the year. Matter of fact, when I proposed, I told her we should get married on Christmas eve and we did. She would listen to Christmas songs like 24/7.

Since she died, I can't even bring myself to listen to holiday music without tearing up.

BABY NSX

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R, 2019 Toyota Sienna, 2006 Toyota Highlander, 1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye
Country flag
Not to be a downer, but, this is a tough time of year for me. My wife's favorite holiday was Christmas and Christmas eve was her favorite day of the year. Matter of fact, when I proposed, I told her we should get married on Christmas eve and we did. She would listen to Christmas songs like 24/7.

Since she died, I can't even bring myself to listen to holiday music without tearing up.
Man, real sorry to hear this. I’m sure it’s tough. My mom’s dad died on Christmas Day and just last year my sisters husband end of December died and was only 53. Christmas is tough for both of them but for them I think the spirit of the season lifts them up despite the misfortunes that have happened to them. I hope and pray for you as I’m sure she was so special to you. I would feel the same way.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Man, real sorry to hear this. I’m sure it’s tough. My mom’s dad died on Christmas Day and just last year my sisters husband end of December died and was only 53. Christmas is tough for both of them but for them I think the spirit of the season lifts them up despite the misfortunes that have happened to them. I hope and pray for you as I’m sure she was so special to you. I would feel the same way.
Thanks. She was everything to me. And she was only 45. She passed away in 2015 and I'm still pretty much lost without her.

OK guys. Back to the Christmas music...

OP
OP
saz468

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag

I understand the Christmas of 1989 my mother was in the hospital due to a heart attack sadly she had passed away during heart surgery on January 6th 1990 so Christmas of 1990 was a little hard to deal with but knowing my mother she would get mad if we didn’t celebrate Christmas. It’s also hard for me to listen to farther Christmas from ELP when my brother 2nd from youngest ( me) passed away in 2010 this being his favorite music group and also favorite Christmas song and yes he would also get mad if I didn’t celebrate Christmas. I’m sorry for your lost my deepest sympathy

Jens_sedanEX18

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Ex
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
@gtman I’m really sorry to hear about your wife’s passing. I remember a while back you were mentioning that to me. It’s hard to be tough through the holidays without the one you love by your side. Christmas is my favorite holiday but my boyfriend on the other hand, he’s not a huge fan of Christmas because of his parents divorce when he was a youngin’ but you can’t dwell on the past misfortunes and not celebrate it differently with someone you love. If that makes any sense. I know Christmas abs holidays can be tough for anyone who’s loved one passed away. I lost both my grandmother and uncle and it’s unfortunate but I hope with time, it’ll heal soon. I strongly urged anyone to enjoy the time you have with your relatives and make the most of it. Because 2020 has been a shitty year thus far. IMO.
Sponsored