Chris Harris On Cars

petem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon to be FK8.
From the context, it sounds like wanting a sophisticated look is a British thing.
Not necessarily. Some people here do like a subtle car, others don't, probably just like most countries around the world. In this case it's maybe more a "Chris Harris personal" thing or a car reviewer thing, like other reviewers (some of them American or Canadian) who say only a teenager would drive one. I always think the only person whose opinion matters is yourself - so long as you like the car what does it matter what anyone else thinks? (Apart from maybe your better half...!)
Sponsored

petem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon to be FK8.
Another type-r hostage situation ?
More a sort of incompetence situation! Yesterday the salesman emailed me to say my car was here (woohoo!), and that I could come in on Saturday to sign the finance papers. I thought that was odd as there was no reason to wait that long to sign and he didn't actually say I could take the car that day, so I queried it and just before leaving for the day he emailed me to say that Saturday was the earliest I could sign for some reason and it would then take up to maybe Friday of next week before the finance was approved and I could get the car! Needless to say I called them and hit the roof when they opened this morning, as I've bought many cars and it simply should not take 5 days to get the finance done here. It was my salesman's day off today so I ended up talking to the finance guy who said he didn't know why the salesman had told me that as they could sort out the finance any time and get an acceptance within a couple of hours at the most. I went in an hour later and signed up and in the meantime he had got the techs working on PDI and fitting the extras today, so I will now be picking the car up tomorrow which needless to say is a lot better than waiting 10 days and I'm a lot happier than I was when I made that previous post!
:dance:

September 1st was the first day Honda UK would allow the cars to be registered anyway so as things have worked out I couldn't have got it any sooner, but if I hadn't questioned it my car would still be sitting there doing nothing for another several days.
:rolleyes1:

BTW the following extras are here and being fitted so they do exist (some of this may be standard on North American cars but none of it was in the UK, even on the GT version):
  • Carbon rear spoiler.
  • Illumination pack.
  • Black wheel nuts and locking nuts.
These extras aren't available right now but Honda UK say they will be here within a couple of weeks:
  • Carbon rear diffuser decoration.
  • Carbon interior panels.

Banshee

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3, 07 Civic Si, 17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The LaFerrari has a lot of angles and such, and it looks a little wild compared to most of the cars on the road. Granted, it has 3 times the horsepower, 40 - 50x the price, and classifies as a hyper car. But most of the aero on it is functional, much like the Honda. So, is the hyper cars the only ones that can have the wild looks, as long as it has a wild ride too? Looks are looks, regardless of being an elite manufacturer, or a mass produced hatchback. To me, a Bugatti is freakin ugly as hell, ANF a more common manufacturer, Lexus. I don't like the way the front end of either of them looks, no matter of how functional it is.i am sure I am the minority, but looks are always subjective. I always look past the part of any article that comments how it looks.

TechSIguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R CW
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Can we just take a step back here. I mean how do people think that the Golf R interiors is far better than the Type R's interior. What does the golf R have thats so much better than the Type r??? Black shiny plastic? An ugly shift knob? A plain boring infotainment system that looks like every other car brand out there.Who out there is looking at the gauges and saying that the golf R's gauges are better than the Type R That's all I see in that interior. From what I see the Type R's interior is far better looking than the Golf R, sure the red accent could be toned down a little but the way I see it everything else is better looking than the Golf R, even if its all plastic. The Golf R's interior is boring and not exiting.

Honda Civic 10th gen Chris Harris On Cars 9-5-2017 2-32-06 PM

Honda Civic 10th gen Chris Harris On Cars 9-5-2017 2-44-20 PM

Honda Civic 10th gen Chris Harris On Cars 9-5-2017 2-36-40 PM

Honda Civic 10th gen Chris Harris On Cars 9-5-2017 2-44-57 PM

MickeyDubs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Golf R
For me, it was the refinement on the Golf R- It's not just the red colors, it's all sharp angles and points while the R is more curves.

Also, you're looking at the shifter for an automatic R, of course it's ugly ;)

https://www.cstatic-images.com/stock/1170x1170/99/img446702473-1481234431099.jpg

As much as I wish I could drive like I'm on a racetrack every single moment of driving- it's just not the case. However, When I want to push the limits I want to push them. Because of that, I wanted the refinement and comfort the R brings, while having the performance of the R. I also don't like the very forward flashiness of the interior/exterior of the CTR.

Preference is all :)
Sponsored