Choices on Catback Exhaust?

LJD1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 SI Sedan
Country flag
I just installed the R400 on my '20 SI Sedan. No other engine mods. Absolutely love it. Youtube does not do it justice, and most of those vids have dp/fp changed. With factory dp/fp, it's awesome still. Enough tone to know it's upgraded and sounds great, but not LOOK AT ME I HAVE EXHAUST.

Was 120% satisfied with picking the R400, AND it looks awesome. Absolutely no regrets. Deep tone, just the right amount of volume. The hint of drone is drowned out by any cabin noise, i.e. a radio on or a window cracked.
I have the R400 and it is an amazing sounding exhaust, however i just changed to catted DP and FP and now its too loud and will probably remove it.
Sponsored

jason510

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I Ordered P/N 140803 with the 2020 Civic Si fitment I believe the 2.25" number is the size of the exit the end of the pipe that connects to the stock pipe is 2.5". I did send inquire to Hoonigans just to make sure to check fitment but I believe it is correct. They are having a sale on all the Borla stuff in their inventory right now and the Si fitment of this Cat Back (with he 2.25" Dual Center Rear Exit) is now sold out. It was cheaper since it is the 2.25" Dual Rear Center Exit. The 2.75" Dual Center Rear Exit of this same part is $1000. Not sure the difference in price for half an inch but I guess materials? Or maybe you are right either way thank you and good looking out.
I'm confused on what you paid as well. Also, you're in SoCal right? I've never seen tax broken up that way. If that price is accurate, that's one helluva sale. Having said that, I'm curious how it sounds because it definitely looks cool.

https://www.ss-exhaust.com/borla-140803cb/

RehabJP

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.stoneautotech.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I'm confused on what you paid as well. Also, you're in SoCal right? I've never seen tax broken up that way. If that price is accurate, that's one helluva sale. Having said that, I'm curious how it sounds because it definitely looks cool.

https://www.ss-exhaust.com/borla-140803cb/
Yea Cali sucks for taxes. You pay sales tax, then county sales tax then I believe there are separate taxes for car components specifically for exhaust systems because of CARB (California Air Resource Board) Clean Air Act. That is why is is very hard to legally run anything on your car that effects the emissions. Even cold air intakes are technically illegal. You can run certain cat backs if they are CARB certified but you pay special tax on it. Its crazy.

jason510

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Yea Cali sucks for taxes. You pay sales tax, then county sales tax then I believe there are separate taxes for car components specifically for exhaust systems because of CARB (California Air Resource Board) Clean Air Act. That is why is is very hard to legally run anything on your car that effects the emissions. Even cold air intakes are technically illegal. You can run certain cat backs if they are CARB certified but you pay special tax on it. Its crazy.
Really? I ordered my AWE through the same shop that I ordered my Mishimoto intake from (that is CARB certified) and didn't pay any of those other taxes. I just paid sales tax. The shop is in La Habra. They won't mod any car with illegal components.

RehabJP

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.stoneautotech.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Really? I ordered my AWE through the same shop that I ordered my Mishimoto intake from (that is CARB certified) and didn't pay any of those other taxes. I just paid sales tax. The shop is in La Habra. They won't mod any car with illegal components.
Huh. I guess I could call Hoonigans they are based in Cali and ask them what the "Special" taxes are. I know the State and County tax is legit. It $9 bucks though

CivicSiAgain

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
Just ordered my Remark exhaust. Ill post my thoughts when it arrives/gets installed.

CivicSiAgain

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
Hey it shipped already! Hopefully get it on next week.

Hippocrips

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Country flag
Ive had my remark exhaust for a couple of months now its abit quiet but when you do get on it i has a nice deep tone and its not annoying on the highway just the a bit more deeper sound but so far happy with the sound im also on the stock downpipe and front pipe so far im happy with it for the price i was in the same boat about what cat back to get but im happy with the remark was a good choice and once i get my new dowpipe i think its gonna be a good balance

OP
OP
ayeitsmikko

ayeitsmikko

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Sedan
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I found someone who is selling his Invidia r400 for $500, has about 5k miles on it. Good deal? lol We'll see after Friday if I cave in.

S60doc

First Name
Arnold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic HB Sport
Country flag
We can get you pricing on any of the above exhausts! Invidia doesn't really go on sale, they're just sold for cheap most of the time.

-Josh
Do you guys have Greedy Supreme SP for hatchbacks? I can't find it anywhere ??‍♂

JNFC3

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 honda civic si coupe
Country flag
where in socal do you stay? i have a maperformance street exhaust. i always get complements on how good it sounds. im running a catless dp. my only issue is the fitment the muffler hangs a bit to low for my liking.
are you selling it?

merakiautoworks

CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
merakiautoworks.com
Vehicle(s)
A bit of everything..
Country flag
Do you guys have Greedy Supreme SP for hatchbacks? I can't find it anywhere ??‍♂
Got the part #? Probably not though. A lot of products are on backorder, high demand, no supply..

-Josh

Memogiyi

First Name
Guillermo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Here is a clip of a pull from 1st-5th gear with my Borla Exhaust. I've had it on for about 2-3k miles now. No drone, and the tone is nice. Not too much louder than stock but it does sound deeper and throatier.

I made a longer clip of the car starting and taking off. Let me know if you'd like me to share that video with you.

Sponsored