Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Sedan
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Hello! I want to get an exhaust, but YouTube videos can only do so much when trying to figure out which catback I want to get. Looked around the forum and I only see people wanting loud, which is not what I'm looking for unfortunately lol.

I previously had a Yonaka Catback on my old 2007 Civic LX which had a deep tone without being too loud. I live in SoCal, and try not to draw too much attention (noise wise) so I'm looking for a similar tone?

Deep, but not overly loud.

I've narrowed down to a few brands, but was wondering what your input was if you guys had it? Drone doesn't really bother me much. I own a Sedan Si, but Yonaka only has a Coupe exhaust available at the moment.

Invidia Gemini - On sale right now, but not sure if it's a "Sale" or just a lowered price with a high advertised MSRP
GReddy Surpeme - May not get this because I am not a fan of how the mufflers look.
Remark - What I originally wanted, but some people say it's too quiet.
Sponsored

_1slowsi_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' Si
Country flag
Hello! I want to get an exhaust, but YouTube videos can only do so much when trying to figure out which catback I want to get. Looked around the forum and I only see people wanting loud, which is not what I'm looking for unfortunately lol.

I previously had a Yonaka Catback on my old 2007 Civic LX which had a deep tone without being too loud. I live in SoCal, and try not to draw too much attention (noise wise) so I'm looking for a similar tone?

Deep, but not overly loud.

I've narrowed down to a few brands, but was wondering what your input was if you guys had it? Drone doesn't really bother me much. I own a Sedan Si, but Yonaka only has a Coupe exhaust available at the moment.

Invidia Gemini - On sale right now, but not sure if it's a "Sale" or just a lowered price with a high advertised MSRP
GReddy Surpeme - May not get this because I am not a fan of how the mufflers look.
Remark - What I originally wanted, but some people say it's too quiet.
where in socal do you stay? i have a maperformance street exhaust. i always get complements on how good it sounds. im running a catless dp. my only issue is the fitment the muffler hangs a bit to low for my liking.

OP
OP
ayeitsmikko

ayeitsmikko

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
where in socal do you stay? i have a maperformance street exhaust. i always get complements on how good it sounds. im running a catless dp. my only issue is the fitment the muffler hangs a bit to low for my liking.
I'm in the Northridge area. That exhaust was one of the ones I wanted to get as well, but it seems that many exhausts are sold out or backordered.

OP
OP
ayeitsmikko

ayeitsmikko

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag

OP
OP
ayeitsmikko

ayeitsmikko

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
dude if you want to see how it sounds in person lmk i dont mind. tbh they sound completely different in person.
Forsure, I'll PM you

BoostinIX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SI Sedan
Country flag
I just installed the R400 on my '20 SI Sedan. No other engine mods. Absolutely love it. Youtube does not do it justice, and most of those vids have dp/fp changed. With factory dp/fp, it's awesome still. Enough tone to know it's upgraded and sounds great, but not LOOK AT ME I HAVE EXHAUST.

Was 120% satisfied with picking the R400, AND it looks awesome. Absolutely no regrets. Deep tone, just the right amount of volume. The hint of drone is drowned out by any cabin noise, i.e. a radio on or a window cracked.

merakiautoworks

CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
merakiautoworks.com
Vehicle(s)
A bit of everything..
Country flag
We can get you pricing on any of the above exhausts! Invidia doesn't really go on sale, they're just sold for cheap most of the time.

-Josh

CanadiaegeanBlue

First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan - Aegean Blue Metallic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Settled on the AWE Touring after trying Muffler Delete, Magnaflow, and Invidia which didn't hit the mark for me. Couldn't be happier!

Last edited:

WOPSiWOT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
MAP street, AWE Touring, or HKS. Those are the ones I would/did shop. Went MAP as it is best combo of price/sound/build quality. AWE would be the other option but costs more obvi. HKS if you want something on the quieter side and either already have a frontpipe or don’t want to mess with it (AWE includes front pipe). Given your list/implied price range I’d look at MAP.

OP
OP
ayeitsmikko

ayeitsmikko

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I appreciate all the feed back guys. A few of these exhausts are sold out at the moment. But I'll definitely post about it once I make the decision.

All of these recommendations are great! Thank you!

CivicSiAgain

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag