NomaR-06

First Name
Santiago
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R
Country flag
Anyone using Chemical Guys products? I tried them out on the new R and def not happy with the products I used/bought.

I went out to one of their local stores since I didn’t want to wait on shipping of other brands. I bought the wax stripping soap(worked good), their ceramic spray and a liquid wax.

Two weeks ago I washed washed the car with foam, then with the stripping soap, then Iron X, quick hand wash, dry the car. pull the car in the garage, clay bar, ceramic spray...let that sit overnight and waxed the next day. Followed all the instructions on the bottles and let the ceramic spray cure for plenty of time.

Today I hand washed the car with Chemical Guys soap that I have been using for 2 years or so and it pretty much wiped away all the ceramic and wax layers. It is barely or not beading at all.
I noticed it wiped the layers away after a couple sections so I switched up to a Chemical Guys snow foam soap. It also wiped away the ceramic and wax layers.

So are their products crap? I don’t think I did anything wrong when applying the products.

I‘ve used both of these soaps on my previous car with Maguiers ceramic spray and it lasted a couple months.
Sponsored

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
Chemical guys products are over hyped and I feel like it went down hill IMO. Not saying their products is crap, but for the price you are paying there is better and cheaper alternatives out there. Try using turtle wax seal and shine and their spray wax. Lasts me about 2-4 weeks beading and sheeting water

OP
OP
NomaR-06

NomaR-06

First Name
Santiago
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R
Country flag
My problem is that I asked the stoner kid working the store to email me the receipt and I never got one. So I’m prob screwed in terms of trying to get some money back.

OP
OP
NomaR-06

NomaR-06

First Name
Santiago
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R
Country flag
@NomaR-06 yoi’re better off with the Turtle Wax Hybrid Solutions ceramic product.
Thats what I’m probably going to go with next.

I went into the CG store to buy a stripping soap and ended up buying other stuff, lol

AdamSI

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si coupe
Country flag
i use P & S bead maker and i love it. chemical guys is overhyped. they have 7 different products that do the same thing. try bead maker as a drying aid. have fun!

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
Only product I like from CG is their honeydew soap and VRP. Everything else I use turtle wax, except for drying aid I use Meguiar’s Xpress spray wax (in a gallon) since it’s more cost effective than buying repeated bottles of turtle wax wet & dry

EP3R-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 MR/MGM CB500F, 2018 WOP Si Sedan
Country flag
@NomaR-06 yoi’re better off with the Turtle Wax Hybrid Solutions ceramic product.
I've been testing these products myself and this is what it look mine looks like after 6 months of Florida sun. I hit it with a pressure washer with no soap bi weekly.

Honda Civic 10th gen Chemical Guys product issues??? 1

Honda Civic 10th gen Chemical Guys product issues??? 2

chriser0

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
I used CG ceramic about a year ago, just a wash before hand, almost no prep other wise. Still beads water like crazy. something sounds fishy with your application. Yes CG is over priced, but I like their products. Did you IPA wipe before application?

OP
OP
NomaR-06

NomaR-06

First Name
Santiago
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R
Country flag
I used CG ceramic about a year ago, just a wash before hand, almost no prep other wise. Still beads water like crazy. something sounds fishy with your application. Yes CG is over priced, but I like their products. Did you IPA wipe before application?
No IPA wipe down before The ceramic spray. I did a clay bar before like it says on the bottle.

NixChixFix

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I think their wax/ceramics aren't that good. I've used their ceramic spray before and it was like there was no change. I've also used their ceramic hydroshield for my seats and it also feels like it did nothing. I've sworn off their products now except their Mr. Pink soap and the afterwash. Even their tire scrub wands have left scratches on my rims.

I switched to two coats of Collinite 845 for my wax, CG Mr. Pink soap for cannon+bucket, and CG After Wash as a drying aid and so far the wax has held 3 months except on the hood, but I think it's because my carport has a window where the sun goes through and beams on my hood all day everyday.

NazTehRpR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Civic Sedan Sport, '08 GSXR 600
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I use their Homeydew snow foam to wash my car, but that’s all from them, crazy expensive on other products. I use TurtleWax (ceramic hybrid) for wax + quick detailing, and meguires for tires and interior.
Sponsored