PdxJose

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Hey yall does anyone have any experience with this product from chemical guys? I’m thinking of getting this because I don’t have a pressure washer and you can connect this one to a regular garden house. I do plan on getting a pressure washer in the future but until then I‘m curious about this. I just got a 2020 si coupe and this Is my first car ever that I will not take to a regular car wash. I want this one to have fresh paint as long as possible. I’m open to any other ideas. Thanks!

Chemical Guys ACC_326 – Torq Foam Blaster 6 Foam Wash Gun – The Ultimate Car Wash Foamer that Connects to Any Garden Hose https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00F5MCL14/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_s13TEb2WS25F8
Sponsored

MYSI2112

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18’ SI
Country flag
I have a pressure washer with their foam blaster attachment. I don’t use it anymore. It’s a gimmick. It looks cool but the results aren’t worth the extra soap you consume. I just do the 2 bucket method. Rinse it off and wipe it down. I would rather you put that 50 bucks to an electric power washer . I got this Sun joe and couldn’t be happier with it. https://www.amazon.com/Sun-Joe-SPX3...+washer&qid=1589119409&sprefix=sun+joe&sr=8-3

ExVTEC

First Name
Elliot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
I don't believe it's a gimmick. If your car has had it's paint properly maintained I can assure you it works. The idea is to remove as much surface dirt as possible prior to using a bucket/sponge. This will reduce/minimize scratching. I did a 2 stage paint correction and did wax and sealant. The hydrophobic properties are excellent and it helps reduce how much dirt sticks to the surface. I foamed and washed my car after a weeks worth of daily driving. You can literally see the foam pulling off the dirt as it falls off the car. This process takes can take several minutes. Then you rinse and if your car is protected properly there will be minimal to no dirt left on the surface which helps reduce/minimize scratches. Wash the remaining dirt off with a bucket/sponge and rinse. In my case the car is almost dry after rinsing due to the hydrophobic properties of the finish. Two minutes with a leaf blower and she's dry and ready for a detail spray for extra shine and protection.

There are plenty of decent foam guns out there at all price levels. If your car is not protected then it can be a waste of money. Why foam and bucket wash if your paint sucks (or you just don't care)? Foaming is part of a process to help maintain your vehicles finish. It is not just a way to wash your car.

I used to think my car was clean. Then I did the paint correction, wax, sealer, etc. The difference is night and day.

Look up videos from AMMO, Apex Detail, Esoteric, Obsessed Garage and Forensic Detailing Channel.
Your head will spin.

ExVTEC

First Name
Elliot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
Before anything get your paint corrected/sealed/coated which should be minimal since your car is new.

Hey yall does anyone have any experience with this product from chemical guys? I’m thinking of getting this because I don’t have a pressure washer and you can connect this one to a regular garden house. I do plan on getting a pressure washer in the future but until then I‘m curious about this. I just got a 2020 si coupe and this Is my first car ever that I will not take to a regular car wash. I want this one to have fresh paint as long as possible. I’m open to any other ideas. Thanks!

Chemical Guys ACC_326 – Torq Foam Blaster 6 Foam Wash Gun – The Ultimate Car Wash Foamer that Connects to Any Garden Hose https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00F5MCL14/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_s13TEb2WS25F8

OP
OP
PdxJose

PdxJose

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I have a pressure washer with their foam blaster attachment. I don’t use it anymore. It’s a gimmick. It looks cool but the results aren’t worth the extra soap you consume. I just do the 2 bucket method. Rinse it off and wipe it down. I would rather you put that 50 bucks to an electric power washer . I got this Sun joe and couldn’t be happier with it. https://www.amazon.com/Sun-Joe-SPX3...+washer&qid=1589119409&sprefix=sun+joe&sr=8-3
Ok, thanks for your input! I will be using the 2 bucket method for sure right now. I’ll also have to take a look at that pressure washer.

nawx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic EX-T
Country flag
If you want a pressure washer get the Karcher 1700 cube/non-cube for something in that price range. If you have time to kill watch this series:

This guy goes into pretty good detail and tests A LOT of pressure washers for washing cars. He also has a lot of informative videos about detailing. There's a link in the description with a spreadsheet that he has every pressure washer tested in that video series and he ranks them all. Karcher has a 3 and I think the best SunJoe is a 5 and its more expensive than the Karcher. Also, you can order the Karcher through Lowes/Home Depot >.>

Like ExVTEC said, you'll be surprised when you look into this stuff how complex/out of this world it actually can be.

ExVTEC

First Name
Elliot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
This whole stay at home thing had me so bored I started to look into detailing my car. The ? hole is deep.

Not only is my car clean but the black is so deep and the gloss is almost like glass. The finish is also super slick and dirt is easily managed. After doing the 3 cars at the house I have to say it is definitely worth the time and investment.

In my case rather than pay the local guy $100 for a crappy wax job I invested in a DA polisher and some detailing supplies. A worthwhile investment.

If you want a pressure washer get the Karcher 1700 cube/non-cube for something in that price range. If you have time to kill watch this series:

This guy goes into pretty good detail and tests A LOT of pressure washers for washing cars. He also has a lot of informative videos about detailing. There's a link in the description with a spreadsheet that he has every pressure washer tested in that video series and he ranks them all. Karcher has a 3 and I think the best SunJoe is a 5 and its more expensive than the Karcher. Also, you can order the Karcher through Lowes/Home Depot >.>

Like ExVTEC said, you'll be surprised when you look into this stuff how complex/out of this world it actually can be.

Thatguyraw

I don’t own a civic
First Name
Raw
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Toyota Tundra
Country flag
Don’t worry Kranzle is on it’s way

btw I’m that guy you pay to do a crappy paint correction ?

Honda Civic 10th gen CHEMICAL GUYS ACC 326 TORQ FOAM BLASTER 6 WASH GUN B7CF4BE0-40C7-43D6-8991-3F9B50C70081

Honda Civic 10th gen CHEMICAL GUYS ACC 326 TORQ FOAM BLASTER 6 WASH GUN CD976402-2BBA-4998-B867-96E9F7F95699

Last edited:
OP
OP
PdxJose

PdxJose

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Before anything get your paint corrected/sealed/coated which should be minimal since your car is new.
I am looking into it but everyone is quoting me a ton of money even though the car practically brand new. I bought it 7 days ago so there shouldn't be a need to correct my paint right? They're quoting me $1500 that seems quite high for a ceramic coat on a brand new car. Idk, maybe i'm wrong.

Thatguyraw

I don’t own a civic
First Name
Raw
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Toyota Tundra
Country flag
I am looking into it but everyone is quoting me a ton of money even though the car practically brand new. I bought it 7 days ago so there shouldn't be a need to correct my paint right? They're quoting me $1500 that seems quite high for a ceramic coat on a brand new car. Idk, maybe i'm wrong.
they only correcting the paint for ceramic coating. Since your car is new it’s easy for them to correcting the paint and coat the car. btw what’s wrong with you paint?

Thatguyraw

I don’t own a civic
First Name
Raw
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Toyota Tundra
Country flag
Update pic with Kranzle

Honda Civic 10th gen CHEMICAL GUYS ACC 326 TORQ FOAM BLASTER 6 WASH GUN BFFAE5BF-11CD-4135-84CF-10FF2E098F55

Honda Civic 10th gen CHEMICAL GUYS ACC 326 TORQ FOAM BLASTER 6 WASH GUN 638FD7D2-08E2-4335-ACA7-F3855E1A5D08

Thatguyraw

I don’t own a civic
First Name
Raw
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Toyota Tundra
Country flag
Last edited: