ChefRyeSi

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan / 04’ CRV EX 5MT
Country flag
God I wish I could figure out what the fuck is wrong with this gauge setup.
I can’t get proper readings at all.
Ichecked all of my lines and power supply taps in my fuse block.
I am getting frustrated with this damn thing. Has yet to work for me.
if everything is installed properly, maybe check the quality of the hardware and or could be an issue with the gauges just being....bad?
Sponsored

Jason Baker

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Well the Pressure indicator jumps all over the place but does maintain some sort of numbers but they cannot be correct. The temperature side just flashes three bars at all times.

I know they are in the ports correctly, the wires are all tucked and clean, the pin connectors in the back of the gauges are in the correct slots and it is grounded properly.

I have the ACC, Constant and Headlights all slotted in their respective fuse spots.

I am baffled on this one too.

OP
OP
ChefRyeSi

ChefRyeSi

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Well the Pressure indicator jumps all over the place but does maintain some sort of numbers but they cannot be correct. The temperature side just flashes three bars at all times.

I know they are in the ports correctly, the wires are all tucked and clean, the pin connectors in the back of the gauges are in the correct slots and it is grounded properly.

I have the ACC, Constant and Headlights all slotted in their respective fuse spots.

I am baffled on this one too.
my guess is an inconsistent connection or voltage

BrandonB

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SGP Sport Hatch
Country flag
PIMA for the first like 2 tries but after I spent an hour doing one, 0 clue how, it was cake. Buy ".032 gauge safety wire" and a "safety wire pliers" and the job will be a breeze. All in the two cost maybe $30-$40 from Harbor Freight
I agree, it’s a pain. Now imagine doing it in cramped spaces on aircraft! 3 years later I still cuss and cut my fingers on it.

OP
OP
ChefRyeSi

ChefRyeSi

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Late to the party with my dyno sheet but to those it may concern…here you go!
Honda Civic 10th gen Chef's Ultimate Street Car *Powered by HPD* AAE5B7F4-3A94-420C-BE4E-DAAE14D87475

OP
OP
ChefRyeSi

ChefRyeSi

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Overdue oil change with good Amsoil 5w-30. In the efforts of removing the garbage tinfoil OEM skid plate it got bent out of shape so splurged on this nice one. Really solid construction and even has doors for oil changes. I’ll update if the oil spills everywhere when trying to use them
Honda Civic 10th gen Chef's Ultimate Street Car *Powered by HPD* F397681A-F368-4AF4-9AD6-2BA59386D435

OP
OP
ChefRyeSi

ChefRyeSi

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I will add, there is oil leaking from somewhere on the backside of the block….possible some sensor? I don’t really know it nearly impossible to see from either the top or bottom. And it’s not the valve cover. Some clips were wet under the manifold if that helps.

Jason Baker

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Overdue oil change with good Amsoil 5w-30. In the efforts of removing the garbage tinfoil OEM skid plate it got bent out of shape so splurged on this nice one. Really solid construction and even has doors for oil changes. I’ll update if the oil spills everywhere when trying to use them
F397681A-F368-4AF4-9AD6-2BA59386D435.jpeg
I have this shield as well. I wrapped it in carbon fiber red. For some damn reason, it’s sat there for a year and a half. No idea why I don’t put it on.
Maybe it’s time? 😁

OP
OP
ChefRyeSi

ChefRyeSi

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I have this shield as well. I wrapped it in carbon fiber red. For some damn reason, it’s sat there for a year and a half. No idea why I don’t put it on.
Maybe it’s time? 😁
Do it at your next oil change boss. Takes no time and is just better in every way lol

OP
OP
ChefRyeSi

ChefRyeSi

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I hear ya. I got another 400 miles to drop the break in oil. Probably do it then.
Any ideas what would be leaking on the backside of the block? under the manifold

Jason Baker

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Any ideas what would be leaking on the backside of the block? under the manifold
Oil for sure? Or some other fluid?

Backside could be either the oil pan, knock sensor or crank position sensor. #ManitobaSi is having the same issue.
Unless it’s leaking up higher near the manifold. Then it could be bad news bears.
I’m leaning towards the sensors as their is little else that could possibly be it.
Honda Civic 10th gen Chef's Ultimate Street Car *Powered by HPD* 1664316192923

OP
OP
ChefRyeSi

ChefRyeSi

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Oil for sure? Or some other fluid?

Backside could be either the oil pan, knock sensor or crank position sensor. #ManitobaSi is having the same issue.
Unless it’s leaking up higher near the manifold. Then it could be bad news bears.
I’m leaning towards the sensors as their is little else that could possibly be it.
1664316192923.png
great picture. its not the valvecover i dont think. The sensor to the left of the alternatore, under the barcode is what i saw was wet and started this.

Jason Baker

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
great picture. its not the valvecover i dont think. The sensor to the left of the alternatore, under the barcode is what i saw was wet and started this.
That’s the knock sensor but honestly I dont recall if that sensor is even exposed to any oil. I believe it just sits on the block to “hear” knock.
I could be wrong. I don’t recall. CPS seem to have a leak issue and they are physically in the block and exposed to oil whenever the cranks moving. Some have replaced this sensor only to still have leaks.
#ManitobaSi said he was gonna Hondabond that bitch. No idea if it worked yet.

OP
OP
ChefRyeSi

ChefRyeSi

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Wheres the CPS at? I was gonna have a shop do my brake upgrade and i guess now look at this too. Really challenging spot for bc of a lack of tools
Sponsored