First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I got those Motegi's mounted earlier this month, they are good replacements. I have them wrapped in DWS06, so all seasons. A bit worse than OEM in dry, but way better in wet conditions. I did not like how the OEM's felt on the highway with rain coming down, but these feel rock solid. A bit squishier on the sidewall, going to try a bit higher PSI (from 34 to 36/37) to see if I can remedy that. That's a bit more dependent on what tire you pick of course. Car feels a bit peppier with the 40 lbs lost vs the OEM 20's at 29 lbs. Car still drives like a champ, maybe not the same at the very top end but for every day use, a very viable choice.

Only problem is I'm in Westchester too so don't jack my style :mad: But yeah I got them because they were light but also cheap. I was actually looking at other wheels like the Enkei Raijin, but when I saw the weight and the price I figured these were worth a shot. Very pleased.

Honda Civic 10th gen Cheep Wheels IMG_4561

Honda Civic 10th gen Cheep Wheels IMG_4651

Panda-R

First Name
Hiroshi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk8
Country flag
Not everyone is a millionaire ?‍♂ and if you saw New York roads you'll understand.
Like I said these will be winter beaters/placement holders till I get Work's next summer.
Not trying to blast my savings just yet theres other things i want to do like exhaust and intake in the next couple weeks as well...
i thought only millionaires bought Civic Type Rs. Regular people usually buy Honda fits.

OP
OP
jesusinasnapbak

jesusinasnapbak

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
I got those Motegi's mounted earlier this month, they are good replacements. I have them wrapped in DWS06, so all seasons. A bit worse than OEM in dry, but way better in wet conditions. I did not like how the OEM's felt on the highway with rain coming down, but these feel rock solid. A bit squishier on the sidewall, going to try a bit higher PSI (from 34 to 36/37) to see if I can remedy that. That's a bit more dependent on what tire you pick of course. Car feels a bit peppier with the 40 lbs lost vs the OEM 20's at 29 lbs. Car still drives like a champ, maybe not the same at the very top end but for every day use, a very viable choice.

Only problem is I'm in Westchester too so don't jack my style :mad: But yeah I got them because they were light but also cheap. I was actually looking at other wheels like the Enkei Raijin, but when I saw the weight and the price I figured these were worth a shot. Very pleased.
Gonna have to check these out.
Where in westchester are you?

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
I'm running Enkei Raijins. They're 18x8, so you won't be able to go wider than 245 on them. They ran 200 a corner.

Jimmyjambo_fk8

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I cant stand the low pro and the oem 20's anymore, I feel like every bump they're gonna blow lol
I'm looking for a cheep set of wheels to last me the rest of summer and use as perm winter wheels till next summer when I make that big boy purchase of Work Emotions.

What are some cheap wheels y'all recommend for the time being?

I was thinking of Konig Hexaform or Motegi's, maybe even rotiform's?

Have anyone ever heard of Regen5?

https://www.regen5wheels.com/product/r32-regen5-wheels/
TITAN WHEELS MAN!!!! Pick one they have to offer. The makeup of these wheels are the best for the money.

spyder57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ABP CTR
Country flag
Live in New Jersey. Got a flat tire Saturday night going over a pothole on OEM wheels, had to get towed. So I feel you.

Installed these yesterday. Pretty affordable and look great. So far so good.

https://www.super-speed.ca/flowform-rf05rr
The superspeeds look great but their low offset is a turnoff. That's the problem with a lot of the cheaper wheel options besides the Motegis. I actually want to get a cheaper set of wheels and run 200TW tires for the track but am waiting on a deal.

NYR2424

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
The superspeeds look great but their low offset is a turnoff. That's the problem with a lot of the cheaper wheel options besides the Motegis. I actually want to get a cheaper set of wheels and run 200TW tires for the track but am waiting on a deal.
Well mine are +38 offset and they fit fine. Also, the hub center bore on them is 64.1 mm, same size as OEM, so don't need to add a hub ring.

supaaacharge98

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic LX Coupe
Country flag
I have a set of Sparcos, there were not dirt cheap BUT in comparison to other wheels I was looking at (BBS, HFP, RAYS, etc) they are great quality.

dwag0588

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CW CTR, 2014 Mazda CX-5, 2006 NC Miata, 2018 Silverado 5.3 (work)
Country flag
It's worth mentioning that the Motegi MR924 is one of your only options if you autocross in street class. I'm still dailying on the OEM 20's, but I bought MR924's in graphite silver 19x8.5+53 and mounted 255/35 RE-71R's for autocross duty. It does ride better on the smaller wheels, but even with the minimal change in offset, I can still feel slightly more tug at the wheel under power. It's not much, but it is there.

InkedHisto

First Name
Fabian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I wouldn't call Motegi "cheap".. there price is reasonable and built with great quality. I would caution before they start to raise their prices more. If you want cheap wheel man shoot over to ebay.
Honda Civic 10th gen Cheep Wheels DSC00016.JPG
Sponsored