taiso0019

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR | 2022 Veloster N | 2015 TuRD PRO
Country flag
So it's time to address the sound, or lack of sound on the R. I've been looking into the Remark, Remus, and Milltek options more than the rest of the market. Price seems to be still be affected by the infamous Type R tax but they seem like good quality.

However, before committing to 1000-1500 on money that could be better spent on a tune and a DP, I was wondering how those people who have cut their mufflers and/or resonators are faring a few months or a year after going down that route. Any regrets? Has everything turned into drone city?

For reference, my plan would be to cut mufflers and one of the middle resonators. Any input or feedback would be greatly appreciated! While we're at it, if anyone has had good experiences with the brands I've mentioned I definitely encourage some quick reviews too. Might help others who are on the fence like myself. Thanks fam.

PS. Gratuitous front shot for attention

Honda Civic 10th gen Checking-in with the Resonator/Muffler Surgeons LPGW9177.JPG
Sponsored

Tafester

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic TypeR
Country flag
I did exactly that, both mufflers cut off, and just welded in a patch, and cut off the front resonator, welding in another pipe. I like the sound, not too droney, can hear my music over and above any possible drone.

HONDA X

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S2000
Country flag
The oem CTR exhaust is very quiet. I was thinking of doing the muffler delete route but just didn’t seem to like the YouTube video sound clips of the muffler/resonator delete on a CTR so I just ended up purchasing a catback exhaust system.

LoganP

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type-R #2338 (SOLD) - 2020 Honda Civic Type-R #XXXX (In Production)
Country flag
My CTR has a resonator delete along with a PRL 3" catless downpipe. Makes for a pretty raspy but good sounding exhaust note. Only downside is that there can be a a decent amount of drone if you're on a long stretch of highway - Nothing unbearable though.
Sponsored