Checking fuel pump or injectors?

ElpacoSV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EJ6 ; Civic FK7G4
Country flag
To those who are having fuel injector failure, did you have the dilution recall completed? I know as part of the recall they mess with the fuel injection software. My co worker had fuel injector failure shortly after the dealer messed with the software. Coincidence?

I have a 2016 and never did the recall. No issues whatsoever for me.
I had the recall done prior to the failure...I was informed it had nothing to do with the failure.
Sponsored

Gradyjim024

First Name
Ashton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 honda civic si coupe
Country flag
when you do the injectors you are supposed to replace the rail and fittings. single use only.
That's a bummer. So if you do the injectors you have to get a new fuel rail as well and you talking about #18, 19 and 20 on the schematic for the fittings?

Jaak_b

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Sorry to wake a dead thread, but has anybody resolved their misfire? I got a bad one when trying to go wot. It’s been going on for awhile now, around same time as the last post in the thread.

Jstraus9109

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic Type R
Country flag
I’m having the same issue with my 2019 type r. I have rv6 catted downpipe, cat back exhaust, and ktuner. I flashed it back to stock replaced plugs and battery and ended up with 14 missfires in one WOT from 2nd.

gotslicks

First Name
marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 type rrrrrr
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I’m having the same issue with my 2019 type r. I have rv6 catted downpipe, cat back exhaust, and ktuner. I flashed it back to stock replaced plugs and battery and ended up with 14 missfires in one WOT from 2nd.
log?

gotslicks

First Name
marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 type rrrrrr
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Sorry to wake a dead thread, but has anybody resolved their misfire? I got a bad one when trying to go wot. It’s been going on for awhile now, around same time as the last post in the thread.
log? mods?

Jaak_b

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
log? mods?
Just changed my ignition coils and it’s prime right now. Mods: MHI drop in, ktuner (getting a custom tune now but my obd2 is not connecting, so stuck on Ktuner base map) prl SRI, prl intercooler w/chargepipes.

KCalB

First Name
OMAR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th gen civic RS
Country flag
Similar issue. Misfiring at wot. Did we narrow it down? Injectors/coil packs? Completely stock si 2019 60k driven

websitesdown

First Name
Bee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI , 2023 Civic Sport
Country flag
Similar issue. Misfiring at wot. Did we narrow it down? Injectors/coil packs? Completely stock si 2019 60k driven

Scary, I have a 2019 si sedan at 65k. I'm full bolt on. Turbo going in next weekend hopefully.

gotslicks

First Name
marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 type rrrrrr
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
if it was mine i would pull plugs and gap to .019 to start or replace with new and gap down. any check engine light or flashing engine light when this happens.

KCalB

First Name
OMAR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th gen civic RS
Country flag
if it was mine i would pull plugs and gap to .019 to start or replace with new and gap down. any check engine light or flashing engine light when this happens.
New oem spark plugs, no check engine light. Isn't .019 too low for stock?

KCalB

First Name
OMAR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th gen civic RS
Country flag
New oem spark plugs, no check engine light. Isn't .019 too low for stock?
Okay so I've done two more things in this sequence:

1) ran engine on carb cleaner for 4 minutes (2+1+1) by feeding it through the fuel inlet pipe at the hpfp.
I've found this has smoothed the idle even more than I expected. Engine feels like it's not even running. No sound except for the injectors clicking.

I went on a 60-70 minute drive after this and thank God not a single instance of the misfires on any pulls that I made.

2) did the ckp learn again (without clearing the old one) right now waiting the hour required for it to store it in memory.

I believe the first step might have fixed it, will update after driving it again tomorrow.

Sorry OP for nearly hijacking your thread