Nick J

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ek, FC1
Country flag
Good evening all, I recently changed my battery on my 10th gen. Firstly, the car had its usual "drive safely synchronization" message appear after changing the battery All was well till the infotainment system seemed to be glitching (wasnt responsive to touch at all). I disconnected the battery once again to do a factory reset. This immediately fixed the infotainment issue. A short-time afterwards, a check system message appeared on the dash for VSA, EP, hillside assist and brake hold . After switching off the car and restarting the message was gone for almost two weeks! However, it indeed returned. Seeing that the factory reset fixed the infotainment, I attempted to do this one more time to solve my issues. Same was solved. However, two days later..you guessed it, the message appeared. I really would like some ACTUAL ANSWERS. I've read past trends and saw many many individuals experiencing this issues. However, no one actual left a conclusion response stating how the issue was solved. I.e it up in the air....Furthermore, when these codes appear my VSA buttom and brake hold button seems to be non functional which makes it more frustrating. Thanks in advance for any assistance
Sponsored

briq4

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring
Country flag
Per your owners manual: basically you might have a bad new battery, it happens.
Honda Civic 10th gen Check System Message 1670029029157

OP
OP

Nick J

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ek, FC1
Country flag
Per your owners manual: basically you might have a bad new battery, it happens.
1670029029157.png
Never thought about the battery being bad as the vehicle is functioning perfectly fine besides the brake hold and vsa...that's so odd. Thanks for the suggestion!

Jason Baker

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Could it possibly also be any one of those systems cascading into others? I mean, two weeks and then it hits again? Maybe you have actual alerts? Has this been scanned to isolate certain failures?

OP
OP

Nick J

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ek, FC1
Country flag
Could it possibly also be any one of those systems cascading into others? I mean, two weeks and then it hits again? Maybe you have actual alerts? Has this been scanned to isolate certain failures?
I'm taking it in next week to get scanned. I would guess not seeing that this problem only immediately arose after changing the battery and once restarting the car all the problems goes for a few hours then hits again...Never had any problems linked to those alerts other than changing my battery.

latole

Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I'll disconnect the battery for a second reset

Jason Baker

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm taking it in next week to get scanned. I would guess not seeing that this problem only immediately arose after changing the battery and once restarting the car all the problems goes for a few hours then hits again...Never had any problems linked to those alerts other than changing my battery.
I agree with your theory. You have deduced the only logical change which is the battery.
Well…. I’d start by getting a brand new battery and returning this one.
Keep in mind*** batteries lose about 5% of their efficacy every month. You may have inadvertently bought an older battery.
Always note on a new battery that there is a date sticker on it and pick the newest.

LoneWolf77

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Sport
Country flag
No, not necessarily. The computers in these cars are very sensitive to what voltage they receive. I'd have the battery checked to make sure it's not defective.

shoegazer

assistant to the assistant manager
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Coupe 2.0 (CVT)
Country flag
I can't tell where you're located. But the weather has broken and 'tis the season for rodents munching on your car's wiring. You may want to inspect the wiring harnesses for damage and look for any other signs of the little marmots in the engine compartment.

latole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
No, not necessarily. The computers in these cars are very sensitive to what voltage they receive. I'd have the battery checked to make sure it's not defective.

I desagree, if car start very well, battery is very good.

Jason Baker

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have read many posts on this forum that indicated that a new battery did actually fix many assorted electrical issues.
Doesn’t seem logical but the results cannot be dismissed.

latole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Not really, my neighbours Civic had the same issue, it started very well, a simple battery swap fixed his electric gremlins.
There was another cause that the new battery change eliminated. If your neighbor had simply removed his original battery and put it back in, it would have had the same result or your neighbor didn't tell you everything.

OP
OP

Nick J

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ek, FC1
Country flag
Hey all, I got the vehicle scanned it throwed out an "abs malfunction" code and "tranmission range switch open" (P0706). Said codes were cleared hoping the new battery caused them to appear. However, a day and a half later the messages reappeared on the dash. Called the technician and immediately he told me seeing that the tranmission range switch code appeared I'll need a transmission neutral switch sensor also called safety neutral switch sensor. Got the sensor, obviously this small device cost a bit because these newer Hondas are quite expensive. Took it in, they scanned the car only the tranmission range switch code appeared again. They then switched it out and it's been over a week now problem free. I brought up the fact that it's a wild coincidence when I changed my battery this sensor seemed to go and they told me it probably was an underlying faulty sensor. However, my previously weak battery may not have exerted enough power for the computer to pick up on anything. It's weird and a big coincidence, I know. Nevertheless, I'm thankful the issue was solved. Hopefully, this reply finds someone with similar issues because one thing for sure I've seen people posting about these issues on this forum and never came back to reply on what the problem was!! Also the technician did say when these messages appear it may not automatically mean the tranmission range switch is bad because the car electrical components are designed in a network manner other issues can cause these exact same codes to appear and disenable specific features. Have a great and safe 2023 everyone.
Sponsored