Check if the sensing lens is loose in the front bumper

firstblud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
During my own vehicle inspection of my touring, I noticed that the lens was not set firmly in place and just kind of dangling in its slot. It took the sales person a good 15-20 minutes to figure out how to snap it in. I had to keep telling him it was not perfectly flush with the frame until it was just right. Use your fingers to make sure the lens is flush in there. You don't want that thing flying off while you're in the freeway. Now I still need to test the sensing feature later when I have the chance.
Sponsored

Dretlaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring WOP, 2023 Tesla Model Y Perf
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If you're talking about the plastic radar panel/cover beside the left foglight, I have the same thing going on. Seems really loose fitting and I'm afraid it will just pop off if I accidentally hit a pothole, speed bump, or rough road. I thought I could just push it hard and snap it tight, but I'm worried I may damage something. Will bring it up on my first scheduled service, hoping it won't pop off until then. Not sure what your sales man did, but I don't think I'll risk it. Let the service department handle it in case something wrong happens.