BuenoFk8

First Name
Sergio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Okay so I’m curious if this has happened to anyone else... I took my car to Zion National park recently from souther California, I made a stop in Vegas and the car drove fine no issues, the following day I drove from Vegas to Zion the weather was always 105+ and at one point hit 116 degrees outside. I got to my Airbnb and as soon as I parked my car it started to shake so I turned it off. I turned the car back on and it had trouble starting and shut off again and I had two check engine lights. One was “emissions system problem” and “rev match system problem” I let the car sit an hour and no change and I couldn’t move it, I had tried but it shut off on me so I had the car towed an hour away to get it checked at Honda. The dealer checked it the next morning and they had said the car had no lights and drove fine they did see a “P0087” code for a fueling issue and asked what gas I used and I only put 91 and that’s it. I decided to drive it home when I left and when I stopped in Vegas and I parked the car guess what the lights came on again! At this point I let it idle and I drove to in n out to eat since I was starving... by the time I walked out after eating the lights were gone, I continued driving home stopping in Victorville and the car had 0 issues and once I was back home the car was fine and I’ve had no issues since..
Did the car overheat? Do I have something else wrong? I checked my car for recalls and I don’t have any

Honda Civic 10th gen Check engine lights fk8 C4BD0B7A-49AB-49EA-B1A3-AB7BAF7E6B47

Honda Civic 10th gen Check engine lights fk8 BCCB33F5-C0D9-4CC5-84F4-1338515770C9

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
I'm assuming they checked, but doesn't hurt to ask, you're not affected by the fuel pump recall?

RBrackett

First Name
Ramon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R Aegean Blue Metallic
Country flag
I checked on the Honda site and my car didn’t come up with any recalls
i had this happen to me about 200miles ago, but it never came back. my VIN is also not on the list. but i would rather replace the pump now than be stranded on a road trip

or get stranded, then call Honda to come pick up the car.

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
I checked on the Honda site and my car didn’t come up with any recalls
Oof, have your dealership check and make sure. I know one person on FB said theirs didn't pop up on Honda's site, but their dealer still contacted them since it showed up on their end. I want to assume the dealership you brought it to would have looked though.

I know there have been people not included in the recall that have had fuel issues. Otherwise, bring it back to Honda and have them diagnose again.

OP
OP
BuenoFk8

BuenoFk8

First Name
Sergio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Oof, have your dealership check and make sure. I know one person on FB said theirs didn't pop up on Honda's site, but their dealer still contacted them since it showed up on their end. I want to assume the dealership you brought it to would have looked though.

I know there have been people not included in the recall that have had fuel issues. Otherwise, bring it back to Honda and have them diagnose again.
Yeah I’ll do that I’m gonna stop by later and explain what happened, or else I’m never gonna enjoy another road trip lol

OP
OP
BuenoFk8

BuenoFk8

First Name
Sergio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
I was going to say, these are the exact symptoms people see when the fuel rail is starved on a hot track day.
At one point during the drive the temp rose up past half way a bit and I slowed down and it stayed at half way throughout the drive it was about a 2 1/2 hour Drive.

goodvibes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R CBP
Country flag
Same thing happened to me, it ended up being the fuel pump. My vin was not in a recall data base but then again this happened in march before the recall was announced. Take it to the dealership so they can test the fuel pump.

OP
OP
BuenoFk8

BuenoFk8

First Name
Sergio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Same thing happened to me, it ended up being the fuel pump. My vin was not in a recall data base but then again this happened in march before the recall was announced. Take it to the dealership so they can test the fuel pump.
Have my appointment Monday so they can check everything!

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
Sounds like fuel pump to me your car should be able to do the things you're doing with it at the temperatures you are - they are not that fragile.

OP
OP
BuenoFk8

BuenoFk8

First Name
Sergio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Heads up to anyone!! I just got the car checked today at my local dealership and it was a bad fuel pump, I’m getting it replaced under warranty! My car wasn’t on the recall list but they did say a lot of hatchbacks got bad fuel pumps!
Sponsored