Check engine light/ all warning lights on/ gear position indicator

ismi2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
I just received my car 30 hours ago. 200kms later, my check engine light came on. However, it was not only the check engine light that came on. Low tire pressure came on, the ESP Off light came on, the parking break indicator began flashing, the gear position indicator showed an error instead of D, P, or R.

My car is a Mexican EX, which is basically an American LX. Truth is, having this happen so soon makes me furious and I am wondering what the problem is. I have seen the issues here about other similar situations, but I have not seen all of these lights come on for others.

I am going to take the car to the dealer this week (I live an hour away from the closest dealer), but has any one had a similar problem?

UPDATE (05/02/16): Dealer called me and will tow the car to get it fixed. They will provide me with a demo in the meantime.

UPDATE (05/03/16): The check engine light turned off. Car works fine. However, the technician is still coming to check the car today, if necessary they will tow the car to their service center to get it repaired.

Last Update: Sensor was replaced two weeks and everything (almost) good so far.

Honda Civic 10th gen Check engine light/ all warning lights on/ gear position indicator IMG_20160501_191825
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP

ismi2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Update:
Car has been in the shop since yesterday morning. Dealer said its a sensor. That they do not have the part and it will take another week in the shop. He stated that they do not have the part due to the fact that it is very rare that the sensor fails, which looking at this forum I know that is complete bull.

This is my 4th new car and this is the most miserable experience purchasing a new car I have had.

Jay Penn

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic ex-t
Country flag
@ismi2016. I’m having the same problem. Can u tell me which sensor it is ?? Would be greatly appreciated.

twilliams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civix EX-T
Country flag
I am also have this issue with all the warning lights on our pre owned 2016 EX-T. I have read a few threads about this and the fix varies wildly from disconnecting the battery for a few minutes, low battery voltage or expensive parts being replaced. We've had this car 3 weeks and driven it about 200 miles. Of course it has no warranty. It was fine on Friday but got in it yesterday and on startup all the warning lights and no power steering.

I bought a code scanned but its not showing any codes.

Does any one know if this condition is caused by low voltage/bad battery if simply replacing the battery will solve it or are there codes the dealer has to clear?
Sponsored