Cheapest place to buy a si turbo?

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX (Hatchback/CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I think @Myx has a 9 blade CR-V/Si turbo on his non Si civic and made some decent gains without sacrificing noticeable amount of spool
Unfortunately, I couldn't measure the power on a dyno (No paddle shifters) but my 1/4 mile times dropped and trap speeds did increase. This was with no change in my tune or modifications. Just had the turbo installed, drove and tested. My 60ft times never got worse either so no measurable increase in turbo spool time.
Sponsored

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Now that I see your full name your user name is incredible ?
On the other hand, his real name could be fake too. I mean, it is the internet. ;)

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I was invited by a guy named S.I. Turbo.

Last edited:

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Lol that's a good point. Thanks for finding that. I'm about 90% sure I'm gonna pull the trigger. Do you think this will spool a lot slower? My main goal is autox
I am going to be completely honest with you here. Your stock turbo is best for autox and CVT (My opinion of course). Work on your driving skills (Most important), good brakes, tires and suspension and you will be an autox king.

Christianjwong

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 honda civic hatchback sport
Country flag
Unfortunately, I couldn't measure the power on a dyno (No paddle shifters) but my 1/4 mile times dropped and trap speeds did increase. This was with no change in my tune or modifications. Just had the turbo installed, drove and tested. My 60ft times never got worse either so no measurable increase in turbo spool time.
Just curious Myx have you hit 300 ponies yet on your cat especially with that new turb?

Reactions: Myx

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Did you look at something like car-part.com ? You could probably find one pulled from a wrecked car quite easily.

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just curious Myx have you hit 300 ponies yet on your cat especially with that new turb?
I can confidently say that the answer is no. If I were to dyno, it'd probably be somewhere in the 235whp-255whp range on IMW's dyno. Who knows!? I hate guesstimates. My setup is not what you are looking for if you want to achieve 300 ponies though.

An aftermarket turbo setup (Like a 27Won W1/W2, RV6, PRL...etc) with ethanol would be your ticket for those horsepower goals.
Sponsored