Mrbadwrench

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic ex-t sedan
Country flag
Anyone know the best website to buy a si turbo? Cheapest price I've found is $1200 on Honda parts network. If that's the lowest price then I'll pull the trigger
Sponsored

Last edited:

Ap1 George

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 SGP Civic Sport Hatch 6MT
Country flag
Anyone know the best website to buy a si turbo? Cheapest price I've found is $1200 on Honda parts network. If that's the lowest price then I'll pull the trigger
Try looking for a CR-V 9 blade turbo, it would be the same as the OEM Si turbo

Ap1 George

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

Ap1 George

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Never saw this one. You're positive it's the same part number as an si one?
Yes. It is. That one is a 9 blade crv turbo. Some crv turbo I see have 11 blade which is basically the same as the non si civic

OP
OP
Mrbadwrench

Mrbadwrench

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic ex-t sedan
Country flag
Yes. It is. That one is a 9 blade crv turbo. Some crv turbo I see have 11 blade which is basically the same as the non si civic
Yeah I seen another crv on there but they listed the part number and it was the same as ex-t so that's why I'm curious.

Ap1 George

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yeah I seen another crv on there but they listed the part number and it was the same as ex-t so that's why I'm curious.
Yeah, you really have to see the exhaust side cause you want the 9 blade turbo. If it makes you feel better there have been some people who swapped crv turbos on their civics and it works. Also the fact a used crv turbo is less likely to be abused by some ricer in a civic si and sold his stock turbo

OP
OP
Mrbadwrench

Mrbadwrench

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic ex-t sedan
Country flag
Yeah, you really have to see the exhaust side cause you want the 9 blade turbo. If it makes you feel better there have been some people who swapped crv turbos on their civics and it works. Also the fact a used crv turbo is less likely to be abused by some ricer in a civic si and sold his stock turbo
Lol that's a good point. Thanks for finding that. I'm about 90% sure I'm gonna pull the trigger. Do you think this will spool a lot slower? My main goal is autox

Reactions: Myx

Ap1 George

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Lol that's a good point. Thanks for finding that. I'm about 90% sure I'm gonna pull the trigger. Do you think this will spool a lot slower? My main goal is autox
No it won’t spool super slow. It would be slightly slower than the 11 blade non si turbo but it’s hardly a difference. The 9 blade turbo will offer slightly better top end and more over all power but it would still be a mid range power turbo and will still run out of steam up top, just not as much as the 11 blade turbo

Ap1 George

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I think @Myx has a 9 blade CR-V/Si turbo on his non Si civic and made some decent gains without sacrificing noticeable amount of spool